Deleted

My PvE Arms Warrior needs help, please.

Hello.

I'm in need of some help here. My DPS isn't absolutely terrible, but it's not the best either. Recently I've come to notice that, for the most part, I'm closer to the bottom half of my raids meters. Sometimes I will be near the top, but for the most part I'm close to last, or even the last, in the case of Council of Elders 10 man normal, which I don't understand since it's a cleave fight.

I've followed many guides to gem/enchant and reforge my gear, and I've gotten my rotation through those guides and a little bit of asking around as well. But recently, that is just not cutting it. As far as I can tell I am playing the best way I can, and cannot see anyway to do it better.

Here is my armory. Please tell me why you think I am often towards the middle or bottom of the meters. There must be something glaring, because it can't just be one enchant or gem that I might be missing.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arithus/simple

Rotation/priority list for single target:

CS - and prioritize unloading the most damage into that when it's up

MS, OP, OP, SLAM, HS thrown in at the same time as either one of those spells if I have enough rage.

Below 25%, Have rage pooled, cd's and execute. If not enough rage then CS, MS, OP.

As for cleave, I just keep up SS.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-04-25 at 11:36 PM.

I don't think it is your fault, I too have trouble on Council, that is doing overall damage. As for dps, I'm generally in the same area as my guild members. I have tried many many things on trying to keep up. Unfortunately I think the only ways to do this fight are to just single target dps the whole time and try to line up Dragon Roar/Bloodbath when you're dpsing a target and another happens to be near by for the cleave off it. Another thing you could do is get the Sweeping Strikes glyph and keep it up while there are 2 bosses beside you, and then you could roll with either Bladestorm or Dragon Roar.

here is my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Brich/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brich View Post
    I don't think it is your fault, I too have trouble on Council, that is doing overall damage. As for dps, I'm generally in the same area as my guild members. I have tried many many things on trying to keep up. Unfortunately I think the only ways to do this fight are to just single target dps the whole time and try to line up Dragon Roar/Bloodbath when you're dpsing a target and another happens to be near by for the cleave off it. Another thing you could do is get the Sweeping Strikes glyph and keep it up while there are 2 bosses beside you, and then you could roll with either Bladestorm or Dragon Roar.

here is my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Brich/simple
    I tried the SS glyph, but it didn't make much of a difference.

I feel like there must be something I'm doing wrong, but I don't know what it is or why my DPS is often low. I refuse to believe it's because Warriors are usually shit anyway.

If everybody is performing on par, you should be bottom of the meters, arms is really bad right now, while fury is a top dps spec:

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...14/60/default/

Yeah arms is really bad for raiding at the moment, it can keep up for a little bit, but as the tier goes on and your raid members get more and more gear, you will slowly fall behind, even most top warriors will fall behind. I have a 520 Ilvl currently raiding heroic progression, I can't stand fury so I stick with Arms, I perform better as it anyways. I still keep up with my guildies on most fights, but Council is one of the few where I'm dead last.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 07:52 PM ----------

Yeah on Council it isn't your fault, Arms warriors are shit on that fight and I believe fury is shitty on that fight too. It's just not a Warrior fight yet they put one of the only 2 handers on it.

Deleted
    Yeah arms is really bad for raiding at the moment, it can keep up for a little bit, but as the tier goes on and your raid members get more and more gear, you will slowly fall behind, even most top warriors will fall behind. I have a 520 Ilvl currently raiding heroic progression, I can't stand fury so I stick with Arms, I perform better as it anyways. I still keep up with my guildies on most fights, but Council is one of the few where I'm dead last.
    Please try and find something wrong with either how I gear or my rotation. I'd like to try and improve my dps somehow, because if I'm going to be stuck last then I won't enjoy raiding as much.

I honestly expected to have people tear apart the way I geared or did my rotation.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-04-25 at 11:54 PM.

I looked at your gear and there is nothing wrong, and your rotation doesn't look wrong either.

My rotation is:
    CS - MS - OP - OP - Slam - HS (only when above 85-100 rage with/without CS proc)
    Along with that try to line up Dragon Roar/Bloodbath with a CS Proc and pop all CD's as much as your can.
    Most of our Warrior CD's are on 3 min cooldowns, I use them everytime they're up and I use Dragon Roar/Bloodbath anytime they're up too.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 07:58 PM ----------

Another way you could throw out some easy aoe is with Thunder Clap when 3 of the bosses are clumped together on Council, it applies Deep Wounds too all targets it hits.

Deleted
    I looked at your gear and there is nothing wrong, and your rotation doesn't look wrong either.

My rotation is:
    CS - MS - OP - OP - Slam - HS (only when above 85-100 rage with/without CS proc)
    Along with that try to line up Dragon Roar/Bloodbath with a CS Proc and pop all CD's as much as your can.
    Most of our Warrior CD's are on 3 min cooldowns, I use them everytime they're up and I use Dragon Roar/Bloodbath anytime they're up too.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 07:58 PM ----------

Another way you could throw out some easy aoe is with Thunder Clap when 3 of the bosses are clumped together on Council, it applies Deep Wounds too all targets it hits.
    Bah, all of these are things I do, apart from maybe only using HS when I'm at 85-100 rage, I tend to find using it at about 60 will still allow me to use all of my abilities. Looks like I'm going to have to tell my raid that there's nothing I can really do. Hopefully I'm not last on every encounter. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Please try and find something wrong with either how I gear or my rotation. I'd like to try and improve my dps somehow, because if I'm going to be stuck last then I won't enjoy raiding as much.

I honestly expected to have people tear apart the way I geared or did my rotation.
    Do you have some logs you can post cos that would make it a lot easier to tell whats going on. For me the council fight is one of the few fights I find it a lot easier to pull higher numbers as arms than as fury. I'm assigned to interrupt the sand boss and usually the tank that is tanking the sand guy is tanking the frost king as well so it makes for the perfect cleave. Because I'm interrupting so often I use glyph of rude interruption, a 6% dmg increase after you successfully interrupt for 20 secs is very very nice. As long as the sand guy is alive I can maintain 100% uptime on that +6% dmg buff. I also use the glyph of sweeping strikes and make sure I have that up as close to 100% as possible to cleave away. Although it may only be meter padding, the best time to dragons roar/blood bath and thunderclap is when the 3 bosses (sand guy, frost guy and rolling guy) are within range (which happens quite a bit). Spread the bleeds to all three and continue interrupting/cleaving.
    Without seeing your logs its hard to really pin point whats going on in your case, but like others have said, with everything else being equal (eg. you team mates have similar gear levels, skill etc) I'd expect arms to be toward the bottom of the meters just because that's kind of the way it is at the moment. In your example it may not be a case of you doing anything wrong but it just may be a case of everyone is doing what you'd expect them to be doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    Do you have some logs you can post cos that would make it a lot easier to tell whats going on. For me the council fight is one of the few fights I find it a lot easier to pull higher numbers as arms than as fury. I'm assigned to interrupt the sand boss and usually the tank that is tanking the sand guy is tanking the frost king as well so it makes for the perfect cleave. Because I'm interrupting so often I use glyph of rude interruption, a 6% dmg increase after you successfully interrupt for 20 secs is very very nice. As long as the sand guy is alive I can maintain 100% uptime on that +6% dmg buff. I also use the glyph of sweeping strikes and make sure I have that up as close to 100% as possible to cleave away. Although it may only be meter padding, the best time to dragons roar/blood bath and thunderclap is when the 3 bosses (sand guy, frost guy and rolling guy) are within range (which happens quite a bit). Spread the bleeds to all three and continue interrupting/cleaving.
    Without seeing your logs its hard to really pin point whats going on in your case, but like others have said, with everything else being equal (eg. you team mates have similar gear levels, skill etc) I'd expect arms to be toward the bottom of the meters just because that's kind of the way it is at the moment. In your example it may not be a case of you doing anything wrong but it just may be a case of everyone is doing what you'd expect them to be doing.
    Thank you very much for your input. I wasn't aware of glyph of rude interruption, thanks! I'm also assigned to Sul, so that should help a bit.

There might be a log posted soon, so I could probably link it if it goes up.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-04-26 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms damage on council is highly reliant on the tanks positioning well with Sul + Other next to each other allowing you close to 100% uptime on sweeping strikes. You want to talent Dragon Roar plus Bloodbath and Glyph Rude Interruption plus Sweeping Strikes. You should open with Pummel to make use of the 6% damage increase then CS + CDs + your "rotation" listed. Make use of SLAM > OP during the CS + CD period as it benefits more from the crit etc.

i want to add don't underestimate the power of deep wounds too. even 2 targets (sandman and frosty, typically durring the beginning of the fight, occassionally rolly too). on that fight i use thunder clap quite often, not on CD but enough to keep deep wounds up on multiple targets.

i do end up top dps, however that could account for how bad the rest of my raid group actually is.

but still try using that thunder clap a few times.