Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What about revamping the mushrooms, make the druid grow those mushrooms on people, or simply making living seed bloom when the druid wants to.
    You have to work on building up, with no cap no cooldown and no limit and you can just instantly proc the seed on the person that need heals, consumes the seed and spawns a mini rejuv or something.

Then if you feel even more crazy you can introduce some sort of "bonus health" mechanic into the game that allows certain healers (holy priest, resto druid, resto shaman) to fill this 30% extra bonus hp that each player can achieve but this might just feel like an abrosb.

Or bring back the energy, rage, mana regen thing resto druids had back then plus additional resources like embers, soul shards, holy power to those classes that dont gain anything from mana, energy, rage or runic power
    So druids can specialize in becoming mana and dps batteries when there is no healing to be done.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2013-04-25 at 04:04 PM.

Yeah I believe the correct fix would be grow the shroom on a person and not a fix location, even if they healed for less it would still be a lot better.

In terms of absorbs, it definitely sucks we don't really have one but at the same time I don't want them. Personally I feel all absorb mechanics in this game need to be trimmed down a lot. The effectiveness of 2 other healers is 90% of the time outshining the others due to absorbs always being better than a direct heal. I say get rid of the amount of absorbs from other classes which would in turn level the playing field.

Resto Druids really don't need any buffs, is the reason they aren't getting many.

Wild Mushrooms are actually pretty good if you know how and when to use them, sure sometimes they mostly overheal, but a lot of the time they're pretty effective and they're a relatively low cost. Yes it costs a few GCDs, but since you have to cast them a bit in advance you can stagger the GCDs out and it isn't really a very big deal at all.

As for Ironbark, I have no idea why you're complaining. 20% is still a relatively significant amount, in fact it equals what some of the tank classes have for their minor defensive CDs, so the fact that it now has a 1minute CD is a massive change and a really big buff, it can now be used far more frequently and have a far bigger impact. Increasing the amount to 40% really isn't at all necessary, there are other classes that fill the roles of having large reductions for heavy damage.

The other buffs are obviously good, mainly aimed at the 4pc t15, probably because they realized it was trash the way it was, and it's still pretty bad, but at least they're trying.

Regardless though, Druids are fine, other classes are being nerfed, I'd be shocked if Druids aren't one of the top 2 healers next patch, they're already 3rd best behind Paladins and Priests, and both those classes are getting nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Resto Druids really don't need any buffs, is the reason they aren't getting many.

Wild Mushrooms are actually pretty good if you know how and when to use them, sure sometimes they mostly overheal, but a lot of the time they're pretty effective and they're a relatively low cost. Yes it costs a few GCDs, but since you have to cast them a bit in advance you can stagger the GCDs out and it isn't really a very big deal at all.

As for Ironbark, I have no idea why you're complaining. 20% is still a relatively significant amount, in fact it equals what some of the tank classes have for their minor defensive CDs, so the fact that it now has a 1minute CD is a massive change and a really big buff, it can now be used far more frequently and have a far bigger impact. Increasing the amount to 40% really isn't at all necessary, there are other classes that fill the roles of having large reductions for heavy damage.

The other buffs are obviously good, mainly aimed at the 4pc t15, probably because they realized it was trash the way it was, and it's still pretty bad, but at least they're trying.

Regardless though, Druids are fine, other classes are being nerfed, I'd be shocked if Druids aren't one of the top 2 healers next patch, they're already 3rd best behind Paladins and Priests, and both those classes are getting nerfed.
    No.
    I don't know for sure if druids will be fine in 5.3, but we are surely not fine in 5.2(especially in 10man).
    From raidbot, we are 20% behind pally(25H) in raw healing and we don't bring any util. So we are not fine.
    Druids are 3rd only on 10N. Did you every read the data of 10H/25N/25H?

With the druid buff and absorb nerf in 5.3, I think druid will be in a good spot in 10N in terms of raw healing output. But I'm think Pally will still be top.
    For anything other than 10N, pally and priest will still be the top 2.

When each class is played to its fullest potential healing ability, druids are middle of the group in hps currently with poor shammies being dead last for most fights. However we bring slightly less raid utility and that matters.

However, with the buffs to us and the nerfs to discs, we are going to be in higher demand. You can pretty much use Ironbark on any tank swap after this. We have a 120% buff to tranq in 25 mans and a 100% buff to shrooms. All of these are situational, but if you play your druid well, you will be hanging with the pallies and well above the discs.

I think shrooms are fine as they are. They require pre planning and sacrifice of CDs. When used properly, they are very useful. You can plan with tanks alone or with groups. My guild runs I have trained the mellee to run to the shrooms after a big AOE cause they know they will get healed to full. It is all about coordination. Now if you are in a pug or LFR or a shitty guild run and your group is uncoordinated without stack points, they are substantially weaker. But there should be rewards for skilled playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    I think shrooms are fine as they are. They require pre planning and sacrifice of CDs. When used properly, they are very useful. You can plan with tanks alone or with groups. My guild runs I have trained the mellee to run to the shrooms after a big AOE cause they know they will get healed to full. It is all about coordination. Now if you are in a pug or LFR or a shitty guild run and your group is uncoordinated without stack points, they are substantially weaker. But there should be rewards for skilled playing.
    So what about fights where you put mushrooms and then something bad drops there and melee can't go to it? Or what about a big AoE occurs and your shrooms are 20 yards from the melee, do they all waste a ton of DPS time on the boss to run to your mushrooms when another healer could just fire a set it and forget it AoE heal on them with no ramp up time needed? Sure, your stuff is fine in theory as a way to make a shitty spell work and not be useless, that doesn't mean it's good. Even in the hands of a skilled player the spell is just bad mechanic wise and the only reason it's used is because they've buffed it so much it forces us to use it.

I really wish they would stop slapping on +healing bandaid buffs and look at what we really need: something other than pure HPS to give raid leaders a reason to bring us to heroic modes. I think our raw healing is absolutely fine as is - absorbs are just too strong and leave us with less healing to do. I don't want druids to get absorbs, it doesn't fit our class and we don't need any more of them in the game as is. Instead, a few idle thoughts:

- Skip the buff to mushroom healing and let us plant the damn things on players. Or let us move them the way shammies can move totems. Or let us plant three at a time. The issue isn't the healing they do - when you can count on the raid to be standing on them, they're great - it's that they're no good for fights where raid movement is unplanned and more chaotic.

- Living Seed would be nice if it didn't trigger till the target was below a certain health threshold, instead of right away on the hit.

- Give us the health pool increase that shamans bring. Priests and paladins both bring absorbs, why can't two different healing classes bring the HP increase?

- Make a triple stack of Lifebloom bring something to the table. Remember the old priest passive, Inspiration? Not an absorb, but a small armor buff that gets applied to targets with a full stack of Lifebloom. Since Lifebloom is always on the tank, it would be an added incentive to keep it rolling. Alternately, a smaller buff - reduced spell damage taken instead of armor maybe? - that increases slightly on each stack. It would make Incarnation more powerful, so the numbers would have to be tuned so as to not make it a mandatory talent. Lifebloom is always up and always overhealing away - why can't it do something else?

Guys look at all the buffs implemented to resto druids this patch one more time.

Now most resto druids play 10man because most of the high end 25s simply won't touch us.

Now look at these buffs from a 25man point of view.

Now take in the recent nerfs on disc and holy pals.

Now imagine all these 25man guilds stacking absorbs suddenly in need of some burst healing.

Now again imagine the buffs to wild mushrooms.

They still have a short cooldown and they don't take that long to charge up.

They now hit twice as hard.

They hit a bigger area.

You can spread them out further.

What this is in my head is devs fixing resto druids for 25s. We really don't need any buffs. Absorb healing needs to get slapped down to a more reasonable level and the healing world should once again be nice and competitive. If you doubt the raw healing power of Resto Druids you have only to look at our overhealing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up on this class simply because they're shoving wild mushrooms down my throat. This is the most irritating, clunky mechanic ever and I simply refuse to use them. I wish they'd give up on the idea already.

Anyway, we don't need more healing, rather, we need mechanical/utility improvements in addition to looking at the bigger picture and addressing the problem of absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I gave up on this class simply because they're shoving wild mushrooms down my throat. This is the most irritating, clunky mechanic ever and I simply refuse to use them. I wish they'd give up on the idea already.

Anyway, we don't need more healing, rather, we need mechanical/utility improvements in addition to looking at the bigger picture and addressing the problem of absorbs.
    Totally agree with you. A lot of druids have been saying this for ages but Blizz isn't listening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I wouldn´t call this constructive criticism <3

I read all the posts, and it seems like most "hatret" is aimed towards absorbs in general. And I must say, sadly I agree with you..
    Rdruids benefits on high damage / intense healing fights. And having x3 or x4 absorb healers in a 25 man team. Pretty much makes high dmg fights like any other fight. Our hots become 30-60% overhealed and the lack of utility we bring makes us a joke for Officers to decide what healer to take.

The current shrooms is not the way to go imo. In order to adress this issue, atleast not with a healing increase. Fine it will be insanely good on some fights I´ll agree on that one. But you can make it more useful (ON SEVERAL FIGHTS), by just reading several good ideas on this thread.

I don´t agree with having shrooms attached to players, as that would most likely create rage in Arena / RBG. But being able to reposition fully stacked shrooms. Should be a given. The qq is not mostly towards the spell itself, but towards the horrible mechanics involved with the spell.

If you want to make Shrooms more useful blizzard devs.
    Do you really believe increasing the healing and also the overhealing would adress that issue. And makin Rdruids love using it even doh it might sometimes not be anywhere near the raid WHEN fully stacked and ready for a crazy bloom?
    How about not adding the 100% extra healing and take into consideration, as somebody posted. To make the overhealing a hot heal. Triggered when taken damage for example.

And in all honestly you actually do want "us" to use shrooms more. Why else would you change such a good T14 bonus into something shit as the T15 one. With just increased overhealing when we allready have a problem with overhealing against all absorb classes? It is obviously aimed towards stacking shrooms faster.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Since TBC or even Vanilla ( Didn´t play rdruid in vanilla) we´ve always been the flat healing class. But if there is no consideration of trying to improve our spells to make them more useful. Or bringing absorbs down to earth.
    You migh as well slack and give us a absorb / increased dmg reduction spell.
    Hint: You´ll get even more hatret from Rdruids in general if you do this <3
    CHOICE IS YOURS!
    PS:
    Yes, I know Monks needs to be better than us in order to keep the fresher players in the game. Better to have Rdruids whine then monks for obvious reasons. But really? Check HC WoL 10 and 25. (EU and US) something should change for the better --..--
    And saying WoL is not a good way to check makes me giggle. As you can see it on pretty much every fight, not just one. We are the worst healer right now. By a significant amount.
    Last edited by mmoc3ac9632e82; 2013-05-11 at 10:09 AM.

As other people have mentioned I'd rather have Wild Mushrooms be plantable on other players rather than on the ground and get a new % healing buff. The radius increase to Bloom and Efflorescence is welcome.

As for the whole Druids shouldn't get an absorb I agree, it really doesn't fit in with the class. However, if an absorb were to be added I'd prefer it if it was due to revamping Living Seed. Changes would include having Living Seed proc off of all direct heals rather than any direct critical heal, as well as from HoT critical ticks. The % should remain as currently functions for direct heals while critical HoT heals generate a Living Seed of equal value. Living Seed's absorb can stack similar to PW:S and Illuminated Healing.

Failing the Living Seed change I could live with something like the following: If a target with a Druid HoT(s) were to receive a killing blow the HoT(s) is/are fully consumed, healing the target for the remaining healing in the HoT(s). If the heal would keep the target alive they remain alive at whatever the difference between the Killing Blow's damage and HoT heal would provide. This effect can not occur more than once a minute.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-05-11 at 02:56 PM.

That would be ridiculously overpowered. Any idea how much a rejuv with t15 4-set heals over total duration ?? And a 3 stack lifebloom ?
    It would be a 1 min guardian angel.

I'd rather have movable mushrooms than the current fixed ones.
    Being able to plant mushrooms on people would be hard to balance for pvp.
    "Look ma, I have a lay on hands every 12 seconds."
    Last edited by Mirri; 2013-05-11 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    That would be ridiculously overpowered. Any idea how much a rejuv with t15 4-set heals over total duration ?? And a 3 stack lifebloom ?
    It would be a 1 min guardian angel.

I'd rather have movable mushrooms than the current fixed ones.
    I'm well aware of how much Rejuv and Lifebloom tick for as well as how much of it is wasted overhealing. I'm also aware that if the max absorb that can be provided by PW:S, Divine Aegis and Illuminated Healing is what I think it is (what, 70k or something?) then it's still not that overpowered as your rejuv can crit every tick but it only stacks up to some maximum value, meaning unless you're in a heavy and fast burst damage phase then a lot of the possible absorbs simply won't happen. It's also really mana expensive to try and keep HoTs on the raid (25 man perspective) and outside the fast+heavy burst damage phases not feasible. My goal of the change to Living Seed wasn't to make Druids the go-to healer for absorbs as Paladins and Disc Priests would still trump that; it would however make it easier for a Druid to keep the raid stable, which is the niche we've had for some time.

We appreciate the current changes but i dont think so it will solve any thing for resto druid they are like worst healers atm just check some info for wht new changes we got

Swiftmend now has a 10 yd range, up from 8 yds.
    Tranquility now heals 12 players in in 25 player instances
    Wild Mushroom: Bloom now has a 10 yd healing range, up from 8 yds. Healing and SP scaling doubled.

Balance & Restoration
    Wild Mushroom (Restoration) now accumulates healing power from 50% (up from 25%) of over healing done by your Rejuvenation, up to a maximum of 67% (up from 33%) of your health in bonus healing per mushroom

Restoration
    Ironbark now has a 1 min cooldown, down from 2 min.
    Swiftmend now has a 10 yd range on the additional healing to nearby targets, up from 8 yds.
    Wild Mushroom: Bloom now has a 10 yd healing range, up from 8 yds. Healing and SP scaling doubled.

I dont know the Dev team dont want to fix us or they are not getting wht is actual problem there it is not that we have low healing or we are lack of some thing the issue is our Hots get sniped by other healers we dont have uplift mechanic to heal our target when big spike of damage come we dont have shaman dynamic mastery which heals more when person at low HP they put there Healing Rain and as we took dmg there spells heals more we dont have Healing stream totem which works amazing with shaman mastery we Have simple Hots and we can just increase the amount of tick there and if player got healed by another healer our all the healing went to over healing yeah at some bosses u can see druid dominating other healers but thats because of Boss mechanic the only big problem for us is the way we heal we need a big revamp to be in competition with other it will be the same in next patch also and the same thing happens to us in T11 also at the start we are useless but in Fireland our wildgrowth is very good spell because of mechanic we got nerfed instantly for a big 20% flat and increase of CD timer but Preist and pally are OP for whole 2 patches and nothing for them to solve the issue.

At the moment i only think that these changes are just like lolipop for crying child to keep him quite for time there will be no big changes.

well honestly i have like 8 to 9 alts and i can reroll any time but from the start i play as druid i rather quit wow to reroll cause i like to play with that class, we can understand that some time other class is good and some time other but as for druid we dont get any changes from Wotlk i really want to see the druids to be in good healers race again if WoW gonna follow the same path they will lose a lot of subscriber again
    Last edited by devildjz; 2013-05-15 at 04:41 AM.