Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    Is there not one thread on this forum where people can just be nice and stop throwing their 'I know more about this subject than you' crap around.

It's like the friggin knowledge police. You can't make a single comment without someone cropping up with 'erm actually, you're wrong because [INSERT SAWCE]'
    If you are referring to me then please go read up the thread a bit. Cybran was pretty much saying St george is some old Pagan god or something which i've disputed. I am just asking for a source as i'm interested in why he thinks that is so. He also appears to be nation bashing again.

I also like to discuss stuff on the forums and if someone says something as a fact its always handy to have the source for such info handy so we can look it up!

Deleted
    I actually live in a town that's called St. George. So it's pretty obvious there is going to be some celebrating out here

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't referring to you Khall
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Being an Anglo-Cypriot, the fact that it is my fathers' name day is more of a celebration than it being England's Patron Saints' day.

Very few people in England celebrate it, probably due to us not being overly worried about losing our cultural identity to a more powerful neighbour...as we are the powerful neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    I wasn't referring to you Khall
    Ah my apologies.

I think the vast majority of the English populace (including myself) don't really care at all tbh, but still - Happy St George's day to you all
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    If you are referring to me then please go read up the thread a bit. Cybran was pretty much saying St george is some old Pagan god or something which i've disputed. I am just asking for a source as i'm interested in why he thinks that is so. He also appears to be nation bashing again.

I also like to discuss stuff on the forums and if someone says something as a fact its always handy to have the source for such info handy so we can look it up!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...george_1.shtml
    The story of Saint George is so wrapped in myth and legend that it's difficult to extract the historical facts of a real life. Some believe he never existed or that he's a Christianised version of an older pagan myth.
    There. St. George is a Christian version of Heros Sabazios
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-04-23 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

There. St. George is an Christian version of Heros Sabazios
    Your point being what, exactly? The only major similarity is iconographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Er so your own source cites he is wrapped in a lot of myth and legend and some BELIEVE (the main part being believe) he is the older pagan myth. Thanks for clearing it up that there's no actual factual evidence linking the two though. Just speculation. It is interesting though.

10+ Year Old Account

'Some believe he never existed or that he's a Christianised version of an older pagan myth.'

You bolded the wrong part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoddyBoppin View Post
    In England St Patrick's day is a national holiday
    Are you sure?

Happy St Georges day!

Got a flag hanging from my window like a few others where I live. ^_^

To celebrate St. George's day I have decided to kill a dragon. The only question is, WoW or Skyrim?