Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Great, another thread bitching about 1v1 balance.

Hey, OP: PvP is designed around bringing a healer. You aren't supposed to be able to sustain yourself against a competent opponent.
    The reason why balance sucks is the complete unwillingness to look at 1v1.
    Arenas still suffer from the old issue of certain comps being strong.
    Despite all the talk from blizzard about bringing the player not the class, it is as bad as its ever been.
    That sucks because they always balance around groups, and never look at the 1v1 which is long overdue being considered.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The reason why balance sucks is the complete unwillingness to look at 1v1.
    Arenas still suffer from the old issue of certain comps being strong.
    Despite all the talk from blizzard about bringing the player not the class, it is as bad as its ever been.
    That sucks because they always balance around groups, and never look at the 1v1 which is long overdue being considered.
    This is actuelly bit off, since locks are extremly powerful on 1v1 secenerio (as demo u can faceroll all meeles, destro aswell with the heals one of the strongest 1v1)

and yet in 3's our state is poor, so I couldnt care less on 1v1, since dueling is nothing, i dont even consider it part of the gameplay, the balance should be going on around 3's, nothing more nothing less.

then again with so many brackets, 2's 3's 5's RBG'S blizzard claims to have given up on all, and focus on 3's - yet we see for ourself how bad it is, makes me wonder how can u neglect all brackets and focus on 3's and still fail so bad? how can warriors 5.0 happen? how can hunters and spriest stay unnerfed for so long? and now this rogue fiasco...
    I believe in 5.2 we could get some nice rating (2.2+) but with much more effort then other ppl, and in 5.3 if they wont fix what iv seen in the ptr ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    This is actuelly bit off, since locks are extremly powerful on 1v1 secenerio (as demo u can faceroll all meeles, destro aswell with the heals one of the strongest 1v1)
    Really, anyone who claims that warlocks are OP in 1v1 are either sub 1.5k players, or are thinking about 5.0 warlock. Anyone that knows the weaknesses of the speces can just laugh at warlocks in 1v1.
    Warlocks have so little mobility and sustained self healing it's not even funny how badly some speces can humiliate us. You can effectively die to a boomkin that does nothing more than spamming his instants and rejuv, just because of how terrible our mobility is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Really, anyone who claims that warlocks are OP in 1v1 are either sub 1.5k players, or are thinking about 5.0 warlock. Anyone that knows the weaknesses of the speces can just laugh at warlocks in 1v1.
    Warlocks have so little mobility and sustained self healing it's not even funny how badly some speces can humiliate us. You can effectively die to a boomkin that does nothing more than spamming his instants and rejuv, just because of how terrible our mobility is.
    Aren't Moderators here to be the ones to keep the people who whine in check, not join them? You can get your point across without saying "lol we're UP and that's why we lose", you know..

OT: You should be posting this thread somewhere where Blizzard can see it so it gets (even more) attention. Doing it here will have no effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Aren't Moderators here to be the ones to keep the people who whine in check, not join them? You can get your point across without saying "lol we're UP and that's why we lose", you know..

OT: You should be posting this thread somewhere where Blizzard can see it so it gets (even more) attention. Doing it here will have no effect.
    Nah, we are supposed to keep discussions alive and to punish dem trolls and flamers

Honestly, I don't care about 1v1 myself, I'm just stating it how it is. Warlocks have 1 massive weakness which is their mobility, anyone who can exploit that can win without too many problems. We are by far the slowest class in game for PvP, that's just a fact. Many people don't see it, but those who are aware of it, can exploit it to a point where you just want to /forfeit because there's so little you can do against it.

Deleted
    The following opinions comes from someone who has played affliction since the start of wow. I will never spec anything else.

Im actually looking forward to the buff to dot damage and dispelling haunt which gives you a soul shard back.
    I fear that it isnt enough tho to keep warlocks on par with pretty much all other pvp-specs currently in the game.

The nerf to demonic gateways is just plain retarded. Lets just hope that the gates cant be doted the same way totems work.

Deleted
    Affliction is good in Pve not every spec has to be good in pvp, I don't complain about arcane being bad for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Themagewarlock View Post
    Affliction is good in Pve not every spec has to be good in pvp, I don't complain about arcane being bad for pvp
    Many people play specific specs as part of their character. Some people view specs as something that can be changed on a whim, but many others don't.

..and yes, there are plenty of frost mages that have complained, since I can remember, about viability in pve, so why can't Aff want to be able to pvp at all?

Deleted
    Why u assumed I'm frost spec but your right. I don't know ask blizzard, but I suppose it's easyier for them to make affliction better for pvp than arcane. Do you think every spec should be viable for pvp and it is a lot harder to balance around every spec. My grammar sucks so excuse me.

The problem here, Themagewarlock, is that Affliction for most xpacs has been our usual 'PvP' spec. Sure, destro and demo have shifted in and out briefly before getting nerfed back down. Affliction has been the 'Premiere' pvp spec, though. It's supposed to be a master of damage over time effects and drains. Currently, it's the master of neither. Mages have gotten to keep their 'Premiere' pvp spec, Frost. Arcane has generally never worked well in PvP because of the long ramp up and long cast times to do any damage. With the way things are working for warlocks nearly everything falls in the reason Arcane DOESN'T work in PvP.

Destro is too dependent on Chaos bolts, which only crit for as much as a shatter/fingersoffrost ice lance, slightly more with Dark Soul up. Demo suffers from a long ramp up intially and if the enemies live through the initial set of CDs for burst getting enough fury to do anything afterward is ridiculous. Then....Affliction. It suffer from dots that barely hit for 5k. Corruption only hits for maybe 3k. While you have EVERY other classes dots ticking for upwards of AT LEAST 12k. Not only is our dot pressure no pressure at all but we are then double throttled on our single target by Malefic Grasp and Haunt, both having there own faults as well.

Malefic Grasp is a channel with a big flashy spell effect that is required for us to do any damage to a target, just making it that much more beneficial when someone lands a interrupt on us. We also have Haunt which is a 30% damage throttle, has a cast time, doesn't do much initial damage, and even requires a shard to use. Now, this wouldn't be such a problem if we didn't need to prioritize Soul Burn: Soul Swap to get our dots up quickly. Considering we also seem to be penalized on our dot damage because we can use that spell. Then in the midst of all that there's also the use of shards on Demonic Portal, Pet Summons, and even AoE cursing sometimes. Then don't even get me started on the lack of passive defenses in the trade for a few active ones that NEED to be used in pairs to make worth a damn. This is the reason we complain, Themagewarlock.

Destro and Demo are also bad in pvp. Most of the talk is around Aff because that is our pvp spec (they intended for it to still be but effed it up badly). But Locks dont really have any good specs at the moment, so it doesn't really matter what spec you want to discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why u assumed I'm frost spec but your right. I don't know ask blizzard, but I suppose it's easyier for them to make affliction better for pvp than arcane. Do you think every spec should be viable for pvp and it is a lot harder to balance around every spec. My grammar sucks so excuse me.
    Kinda off-topic, but arcane is fairly easy to fix for PvP. Just double the arcane charges you get from attacking players, taadaa, fixed arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I am not sub 1.5, neither do i think about 5.0
    but i do tend not to agree with you mate, and without claiming your a bad/uniformed player.
    i guess it will be easy to miss, since no one cares about duels anyway that Demo DA form is increadibly good in duels, you can faceroll anything aside dk's.
    destro is pretty good with the heals, can last for a long time.

and your mark on mobility... are you serious? with portal and gateway on duel (gateway isnt lay on hand or somthing) your unreachble if intended....
    anyways this isnt the point as 1v1 is not even a 1/100000 of the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't know why you guys even bother to PvP anymore. Since 5.0 the system has been so incredibly broken that I quit all together. That said I think Blizz had planned to nerf self heals all around a while ago so I'm not surprised. These nerfs are fine as long as every non-healer gets a nerf equally as large. What they really need to trim down is the ridiculous burst in this xpac.

Deleted
    I don't really know about all the warlock changes on the PTR now, but to me it feels like warlocks could lose some survivability but should gain some damage to make up for it. Most of the time it takes a lot of effort to down warlocks, but whenever I play against a warlock team on any of my healers I feel like I barely have to touch any healing spell to keep my partners up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    There have been a lot of posts about non hybrid classes' healing being nerfed; I haven't seen a response to the issue yet though.
    The response I've seen is that "PvP power will effect ALL healing leaving it at the same place as it is on live overall".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

If they nerf our self-healing even a notch, we are dead meat indeed. This is the only thing that makes Destro somewhat viable (at least in RBGs and 1v1).

Also, the change to Demonic Gate is simply not needed - why do the enemy has to be able to kill it? Next thing is we'll have our portal killed as well.

The Demonic Gate is our level 87 spell and it is supposed to be really good. Not only is it too situational (I don't use it in 1v1 and in arena is too hard to get off and then very often Im too far away to use it, and in BGs it's a pain to have to recast it at different places).

And now, not only is it a pain to cast, set up and actually be able to use it, but players will kill it right away (especially the bots in BGs) and you will never use it at all. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT 87lvl SKILL! I can't wait to see the 97lvl one (oh, wait, do you remember Cataclysm lol)

Deleted
    And those who are saying destro is weak for pvp what game are you playing, you got a lvl 90 talent which gives u a lot of mobility, I play warlock also so I'm not mage fanboy or anything I loving my destro more than my frost mage at the moment. Also my ice lance only hits 40k on good geared. Also I started wow in 5.0 so I didn't know affliction was normally main pvp spec sorry I understand now why u want it buffed

To clear things up, healing will be almost as good as it is now with PvP gear in 5.3 for non-hybrids. Battle fatigue is going from 30% to 45% and non-hybrids will receive 40% of their power as a healing increase (check 5.3 ptr notes). Let's throw out some numbers:

Currently:
    You do 70% of your potential self-healing due to battle fatigue.

5.3:
    With 50% power you will do ((0.5 * 0.4) + 1) * 0.55) = 66%
    With 60% power you will do ((0.6 * 0.4) + 1) * 0.55) = 68.2%

Should be about the same. PTR might not have the new power bonus or include percentage heals yet. Someone may have answered this stuff, but I tried to skim over the random whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Minginging View Post
    To clear things up, healing will be almost as good as it is now with PvP gear in 5.3 for non-hybrids. Battle fatigue is going from 30% to 45% and non-hybrids will receive 40% of their power as a healing increase (check 5.3 ptr notes). Let's throw out some numbers:

Currently:
    You do 70% of your potential self-healing due to battle fatigue.

5.3:
    With 50% power you will do ((0.5 * 0.4) + 1) * 0.55) = 66%
    With 60% power you will do ((0.6 * 0.4) + 1) * 0.55) = 68.2%

Should be about the same. PTR might not have the new power bonus or include percentage heals yet. Someone may have answered this stuff, but I tried to skim over the random whining.
    None is whining, i do not understand why everyone keeps whining about whiners, everyone is simply consired about the future state of locks.

my final say, is atm vs most teams who smart enough to target me as afflic lock, I have only but my healing 2min cd, absorb 1min cd, shieldwall 3min cd, and that's pretty much it. and most of the times i have to use wall+shield since it seems like this shield absorbs 30k dmg.

and alot of teams who train me just get those in few easy meunevers (you cant prevent your healer from being cc'ed for the entire arena lets face it, even with imp dispelling, los, trinket and every usage of mechanic your healer is going to get cc) when that happens you will use one, and possibly more then just 1 defensive cd, which after that your dead meat unless u can go defensive for the next 30~60 second. and you might die anyways, i had my share in dying inside bomb with rogue hunter on me while everything is popped im talking about sac pact + shieldwall + healthstone + dark reg and they still nuke me.

ok now ill refer for the guy i qouted, iv seen in the ptr we gained only 25% extra heals from the pvppower, and standing with 60~62% pvpower still reduced my healing for alot.
    and it still doesnt explain why my healing went from meaningful to nothing, and my absorb was reduced from 230k to 120k. i might be wrong here and they didnt added somthing, but id like if you can go on the ptr yourself and check....