Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should I delete my extra shaman?

So I have two level 85 shamans. The first one is a dwarf shaman that I've had since Wrath. The second is a pandasham that I just got to level 85 an hour or so ago. I really, really wanted a pandaren shaman whenever MoP hit so I decided to level a new shaman rather than pay for a race change. It's sort of a shame to delete my shaman that I've had since Wrath, especially after paying for a race change to a dwarf in cata but I'd like to have the extra character slot. I know I wouldn't lose any mounts that I had obtained on my original shaman or anything so it's just a matter of personal attachment to my original shaman.

What should I do?

Deleted
    Do what your heart tells you.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many slots are used on that server?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    DON'T DO IT! Spare the poor shammy he didn't do anything to deserve this

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    How many slots are used on that server?
    Nine. Planning on leveling a warrior and a priest soon.

delete the panda because it's a fucking panda

dwarfs are cool, don't delete the dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Nine. Planning on leveling a warrior and a priest soon.
    just fyi you have 11 slots per realm now, so those 2 are still within the limit

10+ Year Old Account
    You could always transfer to a free server or something. Or if you play on any other servers, ask some friends to pitch in $5 each to help transfer.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    delete the panda because it's a fucking panda

dwarfs are cool, don't delete the dwarf

just fyi you have 11 slots per realm now, so those 2 are still within the limit
    Haha... I love my panda. Shaman gear looks really great on them. Their animations look great too... not so sure about the running animation though. Other than that, they're awesome.

I guess i'll just keep the dwarf though. The only reason I'd delete him in the first place is because I don't like having characters I don't play at the log in screen. Don't like having a full list either.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 05:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    You could always transfer to a free server or something. Or if you play on any other servers, ask some friends to pitch in $5 each to help transfer.
    That's a great idea, thanks! I'll just keep him until I decide to transfer him somewhere.

Delete, these are the first signs of being a hoarder!

Nah, it would only be a shame if it has some legendaries, usefull maxed out professions with rare recipes (you just do not want to trow away vial of the sands for example). If not, its just nostalgia holding you back. If you dont play it, you wont miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I flipped a coin and it said to delete it.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To you, its just simply "deleting a character" but to those in the world its a heinous murder! How would you feel if your family, your friends one day disappeared never to be seen again? If they were just "deleted" as you so eloquently put it. He's served you unquestioningly for years let the man have a happy retirement, don't "delete" the poor sap :/

If you have 2 empty slots wait until you actually need the 11th character slot before you start looking at deleting toons.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    To you, its just simply "deleting a character" but to those in the world its a heinous murder! How would you feel if your family, your friends one day disappeared never to be seen again? If they were just "deleted" as you so eloquently put it. He's served you unquestioningly for years let the man have a happy retirement, don't "delete" the poor sap :/
    I like you ^__^ I've actually deleted my hunter who was my main in vanilla 3 or 4 times. Had him restored for a last time a month or so ago. Just too attached to leave em be.

Well, i looked up the character (oh yes, I am a stalker), it is not exactly one of those character that has weeks of /played. Fresh character made in cata, got 85 18 months ago (end Firelands). Did half a Firelands run, and 4-5 DS runs + 8 times cleared LFR. Has 4k of honorable kills. To me, it does not look like a character much played on. Just your average alt, some weeks played a lot, then goes in the fridge for 3 months.

You will never ever play it if you level that pandaren to 90. So, do not walk to the light, and type delete with capslock when you delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Well, i looked up the character (oh yes, I am a stalker), it is not exactly one of those character that has weeks of /played. Fresh character made in cata, got 85 18 months ago (end Firelands). Did half a Firelands run, and 4-5 DS runs + 8 times cleared LFR. Has 4k of honorable kills. To me, it does not look like a character much played on. Just your average alt, some weeks played a lot, then goes in the fridge for 3 months.

You will never ever play it if you level that pandaren to 90. So, do not walk to the light, and type delete with capslock when you delete it.
    How'd you find my shaman? it's true that he was very much an alt. I usually only played on him whenever my guild or a friends guild needed a healer. I didn't get him to 80 till mid-late ICC so I didn't get much done on him. I did get some JC patterns though, he has maxxed JC. But so does my panda, minus 3 levels. I'm going to keep him just because of Chazus' suggestion. I'd love to eventually transfer him to another server as well as faction change. Have a druid on Arthas that I'm using as a Herald toon and I really like the server =3

I wouldn't delete him until you actually need the space. Right now you still have some empty slots, use those before deleting characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it the other faction. I have 2 pallies one alliance one horde.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Screw the Pandaren shaman.
    When the Dwarves get new models there will be NO REASON to have a pandaren shaman. Dwarves are just more awesome.

Every time someone deletes a shaman, god kills a kitten.
    Please think of the kittens!

Deleted
    Keep it I have a 60 hunter who I retired on Burning Crusades release that I just can`t find in me heart to delete and me 85 druid who was me first character I made 8 year ago but haven`t played him for over a year now :S