Deleted

Worgen: how much of a dps increase?

Hello!

I really feel like playing some feral druid right now (primarily PvE, but I might play some PvP aswell). I'm torn between choosing a night elf or a worgen.

How much of a difference is there between the two races, in terms of dps? Can anyone show the difference mathematically with, let's say, an item level of 500?

Thanks in advance.

Simply with Wrathcalcs on my ilvl 517 Tauren, choosing Worgen gives me ~1.4-5k dps increase.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2013-04-23 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Simply with Wrathcalcs on my ilvl 517 Tauren, chosing Worgen gives me ~1.4-5k dps increase.
    So it's in other words negligible?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchy View Post

Thanks.
    Depends in what level you are raiding, but yeah, good rng would factor for much more

Quote Originally Posted by Touchy View Post

Thanks.
    racials are only worth it if your going for world first kills. even if your doing heroics raids its still not worth it imo. so pick the race you like

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    racials are only worth it if your going for world first kills. even if your doing heroics raids its still not worth it imo. so pick the race you like

Dunno man, I see what ur saying but I'd love to have a Troll's berserking, it'd align perfectly with INC+CA
    But according to wrathcalcs the dps increase from Worgen to Troll is minimal (0.5k dps), however, from anything else (Tauren/N Elf) it was a little more (1.5k difference).

PS: I'm talking from a Boomkin perspective

Difference in 535 item level (as feral, of course):

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

RNG is a way bigger factor. Unless you're hardcore pick whichever you like more.

Deleted
    Having swapped to troll for rerolling on US servers, the thing I most miss (besides all my mounts, achievements and pets...) is Darkflight. So, so useful.

I had the same dileema awhile back, and I ended up race changing my druid from Worgen to night elf. The DPS increase is negligible and I got sick of seeing the stupidly awkward Worgen female model (I'm a woman and I almost made my first male character, a Worgen male, because the I hate how unfinished and amateurish the females look).

Deleted
    Thank you all for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    (I'm a woman and I almost made my first male character, a Worgen male, because the I hate how unfinished and amateurish the females look).
    There's nothing wrong with choosing your opposite gender for your game character. I usually do the same, choosing female characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Difference in 535 item level (as feral, of course):
    hmm probely simulation RNG, else i dont understand difference between tauren and night elf
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    hmm probely simulation RNG, else i dont understand difference between tauren and night elf
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Race

ne got 10 more base agi

No, it's simulation RNG, even across 25000 fights there's still a small variance. The error for those profiles is about 100 each so any two could be off of each other by up to 200.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-04-26 at 10:54 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    im surprised the troll racial is not more then that.

The troll racial is a big buff, but that damage only really effects your Burst rotation, and your CD usage. The Worgen's 1% passive crit doesn't have a CD or uptime, so the damage is relatively close. If you want to maximize your potential damage, go Worgen or Troll, but unless you are pushing content, the damage is negligible.

Worgen for PVE, with darkflight being the main reason, but 1% crit is also nice.

NE for PVP, shadowmeld is awesome, and also neat for questing and other random stuff.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week