Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    No, because the team that does models has little to do with class design. If there won't be a new class, it won't because Blizzard didn't think of any that could fit or it wasn't right time, it won't be because of models.
    Crap, I meant to say New models= No new RACES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well GC did mention they've been discussing how to add sub-races when they do the new models. Like brown orcs and wildhammer dwarves for example.
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-04-24 at 12:52 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Considering amount of lore background and attention some races get, they are basically little more then two more models. So i don't see big diffrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well it would be nice to finally see it. but then, blizzard are known for making promises but not following with it.

Remember how excited people got when they flashed 'NEW DANCE STUDIO!' on screen with cata?
    *sigh*

As if Blizzard gave over monthly updates for almost a year straight after that announcement, as they have with the new character models? That equivocation is so false it makes a mocking bird blush with embarrassment, sir, and frankly I and my family as well.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    The Zandalari in IoT and ToT i presume are a teaser for the possible troll update, but i think blizzard wants to release them all at once, rather than bleed them to us, so probably in an expansion.
    Blues straight up stated unequivocally the new Trolls models were in no way indicative of the new player models, and that they will be much more impressive and advanced than a simple model edit, in direct response to this very question.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-04-24 at 01:11 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    This. Blizzcon will imo show off the new expansion plus updates on old models and how the world post mop will have changed
    I think it's worth cautioning people that we may only see vanilla model updates.\

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    *sigh*

As if Blizzard gave over monthly updates for almost a year straight after that announcement, as they have with the new character models? That equivocation is so false it makes a mocking bird blush with embarrassment.
    They've put shit on box art that they haven't actually released, nor tested. Them not actually giving us character models wouldn't surprise me in the least, hell I'm still mostly skeptical they'll even release it next expansion if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I remember when Blizzard was gearing up to release MoP they spoke of redoing character models. They said that they were working on dwarves first and that they would be ready sometime after release.

Has there been any updates to the models or any news on when this might happen?
    Tom Chilton said this in his MOP interview with Pico, and he went out of his way to make it unequivocally clear that he in no way was implying they would be released with their completion. He said for all he knew, these would all be released at once, or in windows, they had not yet decided as of last summer.

As of MOP's release, we learned humans and orcs were being worked on from Ghostcrawler, with no word on if dwarves were finished or if they were left on hold.

Originally prior to the official announcement and after, Zarhym told us not to expect brand new state of the art character model updates, but to expect updated models and skins using the same skeleton and animations.

Blizzard changed their mind on that issue, and decided to go all out, making completely state of the art character models with fully animated faces and fingers. They will have brand new animations, based on their old animations as a guide, so you will recognize them as the same maneuvers, just with a new polish and stylized refinement I predict. We were given an example by a Blue Dev that the undead flip they do for a special melee strike will still be there, just updated as if they created it with today's standards.

The skeletons will probably add up with the same universal attachment points, but they will be much more stylized and cartoonish I predict, with the cartoon physics you see in Thrall's new model and the Pandaren, where every gesture and movement is more bouncy and animated and expressive.

Ghostcrawler also said they might make this optional for people who wish to choose to keep their original models displayed on his twitter feed a few months ago.

In the last 4 months, we've had 4-5 different dev statements confirming the level of advancement these new updates will have, comparing them to goblins and pandaren.

And every single customization choice will have an equivalent update, they aren't going to decrease the amount of faces and hairstyles we have. The Worgen and Pandaren have a low amount of customizations for very specific reasons, it has nothing to do with cutting corners (female worgen excluded) or a new stance on character creation. The Goblins demonstrate that well.

If anything, with how long they've desired to do so, now that they are working on the project, there is a chance we could see enhanced customization. They've specifically stated a desire to have things like Wildhammer tattoos and Mag'har Orc skins, via Ghostcrawler himself. If these new models are given the resources usually reserved for a new player race and starting area for the next expansion, it would be a good opportunity to realize that desire. So cross your fingers.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I think it's worth cautioning people that we may only see vanilla model updates.\

They've put shit on box art that they haven't actually released, nor tested. Them not actually giving us character models wouldn't surprise me in the least, hell I'm still mostly skeptical they'll even release it next expansion if at all.
    And you're just jaded and biased at worst or overly delicate and careful at best for indulging in that skepticism with such zealous fervor. As if something on box art trumps almost monthly updates for a year straight, as if those things you speak of had anywhere near the level of importance or meaning to the developers themselves, as if those things you reference were anywhere nearly as important to the majority of the player community outside of the exceptions you can find to cite as if it in any way gives the equivocation a feather's worth of legitimacy.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Considering amount of lore background and attention some races get, they are basically little more then two more models. So i don't see big diffrence.
    They aren't even models, they are skins. Skins are 2d image files, like a jpeg. Models are 3 dimensional rendered structures.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I would agree with you on that, but we've already been told that was the truth and that IF they do the Burning Crusade races, they will come last. There is no need in my opinion to guess at all. But, Blizzard reversed their decision and did decide to go the extra mile in the level of advancement these model updates are getting, they may have decided to go all out in this area as well. It's always a matter of getting around to these things, not necessarily not wanting to do them or not being able to afford the resources. They just can only work on one area at a time in their long list of desires, and now that they are on this project, it may be the time they decide to see what needs polishing the most.

I'm not holding my breath though.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-04-24 at 01:13 PM.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    I hope with new Character models they could add Sub Races with em too.

I thought that was new dances with WOTLK Reveal trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2IvDjY3CtQ

Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    @kurdan7 We talk about that often! But I wouldn't count on it soon. It's an idea we love, but not in near-term plans.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/DaveKosak...13355156283392

Sadly not, yet.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    @kurdan7 We talk about that often! But I wouldn't count on it soon. It's an idea we love, but not in near-term plans.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/DaveKosak...13355156283392

Sadly not, yet.
    That sucks, but at least it's on the to do list. One would think while they are already out painting the house finally they could go ahead and paint the fence while they're at it.

We even had NPC Wildhammer skins available to use in Cata's beta through a hastily made modification for the initial weeks of the beta's life before the rough concept was removed. They should just add the NPC skins for these races as they are for now in my opinion, in the meantime if they mean to make them improved.

But seeing several brand new high resolution specialized custom wildhammer and dark iron and mag'har orcs that were more than just simple color edits would be amazing. With actual modelled details.

Anyone else think that new models = no new races?
    I do.

However, I could see the Ethereals becoming a neutral race like Pandaren if there's another Burning Legion Expansion.

I say it's a fair trade, updating old races instead of adding a new one.

I will gladly take new models over new races.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    When they first talked about it I thought they said Humans and Orcs were first models to get tweaked? Never heard anything about dwarfs.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 01:58 PM ----------

Really no need for new races to be honest, we have enough now.
    You're uninformed. Check out Pico's interview with Tom Chilton over MOP's release. It was I believe a few months later GC mentioned humans and orcs, but he never said if dwarves were put on hold or if they were finished.

As Blizzard changed their mind from doing simple model and skin edits to going all out with new animations and facial expressions, I could see them scrapping the dwarves they did after the humans and orcs pushed the bar up to where the dwarves deserves a redo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    When they first talked about it I thought they said Humans and Orcs were first models to get tweaked? Never heard anything about dwarfs.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 01:58 PM ----------

Really no need for new races to be honest, we have enough now.
    It doesn't help that the remaining WoW races would make terrible playable races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or this topic pops up atleast once every week?

OT: No, Blizzard are being really secretive about new models.
    New models are - Probably - going to be released next expansion or maybe in the pre-patch of the expansion.

I just want my male dwarf to not look so bad compared to the newer races. The awful face stands out so much now.

Deleted
    My question is, how MUCH they change the old models?? Are the give us tottaly new models or they just fix them??????
    And are they save the old models...

10+ Year Old Account
    If given the option, I am certain the VAST majority of players will still use the old char models.

New models are a waste of time really.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    If given the option, I am certain the VAST majority of players will still use the old char models.

I'm glad you're here to speak for them then. Wouldn't want to waste any resources right? Need another zone to forget about once we outlevel it and a new class/race to keep the game fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well it would be nice to finally see it. but then, blizzard are known for making promises but not following with it.

Remember how excited people got when they flashed 'NEW DANCE STUDIO!' on screen with cata?
    Dance studio was Wrath. Paths of the Titans was Cata.....

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post

Speak for yourself. Everyone I know desperately wants new models and hates the current ones.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama