Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well it would be nice to finally see it. but then, blizzard are known for making promises but not following with it.

Remember how excited people got when they flashed 'NEW DANCE STUDIO!' on screen with cata?
    "Blizzard is known for making promises it can't keep, remember that ONE THING that was flashed on the trailer screen for Wrath*? Yea, they do this shit ALL the time."
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    My question is, how MUCH they change the old models?? Are the give us tottaly new models or they just fix them??????
    And are they save the old models...
    One of the twitter posts mentioned new animations.

That one has me worried, I like my current races for their animations, I don't want those ridiculous casting animations like the Worgen ending up on my characters.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 09:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Speak for yourself. Everyone I know desperately wants new models and hates the current ones.
    Countering his anecdotes with your own anecdotes. Congratulations on the circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post

That one has me worried, I like my current races for their animations, I don't want those ridiculous casting animations like the Worgen ending up on my characters.
    But Pandaren has nice ones you won't disagree?

I acutally would like for my pristess to have improved running animation, but walking is already cool and badass the way it is. And I'd also impre 2H weapon animation, jumping (Trolls are meant to be as swift and agile as Night Elves, They should also made a back flip or something to show thier jungle agility), and kicking.

Trolls guys has awesome animations they way they are already. But females are sadly abit stiff compared to them.

And i really would not cry after dance studio, I don't really get why people are so upset about it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Anyone else think that new models = no new races?
    Fully possible. We didn't get a new race in Wrath either, it's not like we need one every expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 11:59 AM ----------

That one has me worried, I like my current races for their animations, I don't want those ridiculous casting animations like the Worgen ending up on my characters
    No need to worry. They are remaking the models from scratch, but the animations will for the most part be the same, it's just that they will be a lot better made, much smoother. I read a blue post about it less than two weeks ago, but I'm sure it won't be that difficult to find.

I hope they implement so we can choose between, Brown and Red Orcs.

Would love to roll a red one.

Deleted
    Personally, I thinkt he only thing we'll ever see is new textures. But new models are too much of a hassle for Blizzard, that's why they decided on only one new race for MoP. New race model means they have to adapt the models of every piece of gear existing in the game to fit it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    The Zandalari in IoT and ToT i presume are a teaser for the possible troll update, but i think blizzard wants to release them all at once, rather than bleed them to us, so probably in an expansion.
    If those are the new troll models (which I doubt) they better step up because they feel kind of clunky to play as (got the trinket on my DK). Not to mention how small they are xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Countering his anecdotes with your own anecdotes. Congratulations on the circle.
    But that's kind of the point. The person I was responding to said, and I quote, "If given the option, I am certain the VAST majority of players will still use the old char models." I have a completely different perception. They're both anecdotes. Neither of us is right, and neither of us is wrong, but he's stating his opinion as if it is fact.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    If those are the new troll models (which I doubt) they better step up because they feel kind of clunky to play as (got the trinket on my DK). Not to mention how small they are xD
    Those are reskins as far as I know. Not the same thing as new models.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

They gave details on the new animations. Read the entire thread and maybe you'd know this. The new animations are going to be recreations of the old animations, but with the detail and style of today's capability. They specifically referenced the Forsaken heroic strike as an example, you will still do a flip, you're just going to see more detail like finger animations and more nuance and style.

And think for a moment more about your statement about anecdotes. Anyone who has follow this issue for the last 5 years can tell you out of a hundred posts in favor of this idea, you will see about 1% roughly of people against the idea. This is one of the most universally requested features from the community, and it's just absurd to even have to point this out to someone.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Achren View Post
    I really hope they'll add a dragonmaw skin for orcs. Screw the Mag'Har, black orcs is where it's at!

Also, regarding the current animations, didn't Blizzard say somewhere that animations that most people dislike (like male nightelf casting animation) would be redone, while popular ones would be kept?
    No, they didn't say this at all to my knowledge. They've said all animations are being redone with the advanced movement and stylization of the new models, it will all be the same basic maneuver in concept you already have seen, just animated with today's detail and nuance.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    But that's kind of the point. The person I was responding to said, and I quote, "If given the option, I am certain the VAST majority of players will still use the old char models." I have a completely different perception. They're both anecdotes. Neither of us is right, and neither of us is wrong, but he's stating his opinion as if it is fact.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 12:56 PM ----------

Those are reskins as far as I know. Not the same thing as new models.
    No, they are new models, built on the same old skeletons. They have actually brand new rendered objects, a skin is merely an image file, like a jpg. A model is a digitally rendered shape with virtual volume and mass. The new trolls are new models, on old skeletons, basically like brand new armor models being worn on top of their bones.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-04-28 at 12:26 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    If given the option, I am certain the VAST majority of players will still use the old char models.

New models are a waste of time really.
    Not this guy. I can't wait for the model updates to arrive, my Vanilla characters (especially dwarves and trolls) look really outdated standing next to Pandaren.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

new models will probably be in the next expansion I'd imagine. they're certainly a big feature and I could definitely see them on the trailer as a feature.

I think the better way to say what HeatherRae was trying to communicate is that Blizzard is not exactly a company of idiocy or inefficient use of its staff; if they didn't think the majority of the playerbase wanted the most-used races to have new, updated models, they wouldn't be committing a massive amount of man-hours to doing it.

I hope that they take it as far as they can - new skeletons, new, different models, remove the hunches from every vanilla Horde race, make undead armor look slightly less homeless-guy-style, new fighting and casting animations, etc..

I've been playing an Orc for the better part of six years and played a human for almost as long (not concurrently) and I am so tired of the same damn animations for everything I do - especially since I have never seen a new particle or animation for my attacks since my class was added to the game. Monks have a ton of fighting animations, even for the old races - casters have gotten new particles, Warriors, Paladins, Rogues and Shaman make use of one to two new melee attack animations but I get nothing - my "primary" strikes only differ in what color the hemispherical "swoosh" particle that appears before me for a split second is.

I'm not necessarily saying people can't be attached to the way things look now but I personally am completely tired of how my characters look and attack - it's less painful if you're a class that's gotten one or two animations in the last few years, but I haven't on my death knight, who is my one and only really commonly-played character.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post

And you're just jaded and biased at worst or overly delicate and careful at best for indulging in that skepticism with such zealous fervor. As if something on box art trumps almost monthly updates for a year straight, as if those things you speak of had anywhere near the level of importance or meaning to the developers themselves, as if those things you reference were anywhere nearly as important to the majority of the player community outside of the exceptions you can find to cite as if it in any way gives the equivocation a feather's worth of legitimacy..
    Calm down lol

My point was that Blizzard has a history of saying they'll do something, and not doing it. I'd give you examples, but I'm sure you know how to use google.

And I love how you call me 'zealous', but you're in tune with what the developers find meaningful and important, as well as the pulse of the majority of the playerbase...

LOL - Right'o.

Face it folks. Ya been Had, Hoodwinked, BAMBOOZLED, RUN AMOK.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Calm down lol

My point was that Blizzard has a history of saying they'll do something, and not doing it. I'd give you examples, but I'm sure you know how to use google.

And I love how you call me 'zealous', but you're in tune with what the developers find meaningful and important, as well as the pulse of the majority of the playerbase...

LOL - Right'o.
    I'm quite calm, covert passive aggressive manipulation noted however.

I've played this game since 2004, I am intimately aware of every feature they've announced or referenced without actually releasing. There is something called context you have to completely ignore to expect that analogy to hold any meaning towards the bearing of this subject. Context matters, there are actual reasons for each and every feature they've started and not completed, and you're just ignoring it to shoehorn your token cynicism into place as if somehow a project not being finished intrinsically makes all in progress projects equally in danger of never happening. Or perhaps you're just being needlessly careful and cautious just in case as you're one of those people who can't stand to be wrong. I however am fine with being wrong, but you're going to have to actually demonstrate it with a concise and logical point that stands up for more than a second when you blow on it.

It doesn't take being in tune with the developers, they've said many many times on the art team they would love nothing more than to update the models. It's called paying attention, and you're just playing more covert aggressive games to suggest I'm being presumptuous or zealous, but brilliant use of "I know you are but what am I" there. Dances are a pop culture joke. These artists live and breath Warcraft, many of them got hired because they have a near obsessive hobby with painting and drawing the classic races of Warcraft, you actually want to even suggest a silly pop culture joke is more important to them than making awesome looking orcs and elves and tauren? Be my guest, and keep right on "lol"ing as you pat yourself on the back there.

And it's clear to anyone with eyeballs in the last 6 years you see one post out of dozens and dozens, often only one or two at the most in ten page+ threads who are against the idea of model updates. If you're unaware of that, you simply haven't followed the issue. I am not trying to change your mind with evidence, I am simply saying what many of the people reading this thread want to see said who actually know what the fuck they're talking about. And FYI, Ghostcrawler has already said they might very well make the model updates a choice for those who want to keep their original models.

Oh, did I use a bad word? I guess I must not be calm. I'd better worry about myself rather than the issue at hand. Oh me oh my, maybe I used too many words, that must mean I'm very very emotional, and that's bad too, right?

What is important is that the context behind those features which were announced but never happened have no bearing on this issue. They aren't going to suddenly decide the models aren't right for the game. That takes an appreciation for aesthetics however for you to resist saying "how do you know lol".
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-04-28 at 12:16 PM.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

They better not change the human female casting animation. I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    They better not change the human female casting animation. I love that.
    For the 100th time, they will be changed in that they will be more detailed and more stylized, while being the same basic maneuvers. Her fingers may move around, the slant of her hands may be different, the positioning of her feet and their spacing may suddenly bother you, but it's still going to be the same basic concept animation wise, merely updated as if they created it today.

Did anyone EVER ask the Devs if the BC models will get updates as well? This would be kinda ridiculous when Vanilla models look so much better than BC models which need a overhaul as well, they could also give the Goblin and Worgen models a texture refresh (same thing but higher resolution). The female Bloodelfs have bugged Animations, way to skinny body and a blocky face, the male Bloodelfs.. god damn it.. so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Did anyone EVER ask the Devs if the BC models will get updates as well? This would be kinda ridiculous when Vanilla models look so much better than BC models which need a overhaul as well, they could also give the Goblin and Worgen models a texture refresh (same thing but higher resolution). The female Bloodelfs have bugged Animations, way to skinny body and a blocky face, the male Bloodelfs.. god damn it.. so bad.
    BC models still looks fine as they are, and they wont be updating them for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    BC models still looks fine as they are, and they wont be updating them for now.
    Did you ever actually look at them? You can see the Polygon connections on the face of female bloodelfs, it looks so damn weird, how is that fine, also go and cast underwater or while running, swimming to top as well, it's completely broken since forever not even classic models are broken like this, they just look bad