Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

new character models

I remember when Blizzard was gearing up to release MoP they spoke of redoing character models. They said that they were working on dwarves first and that they would be ready sometime after release.

Has there been any updates to the models or any news on when this might happen?

The Zandalari in IoT and ToT i presume are a teaser for the possible troll update, but i think blizzard wants to release them all at once, rather than bleed them to us, so probably in an expansion.

We will see it at Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    The Zandalari in IoT and ToT i presume are a teaser for the possible troll update, but i think blizzard wants to release them all at once, rather than bleed them to us, so probably in an expansion.
    So was the tv commercial of the juck norris human model... ??

In fact, I doubt they didnt do anything beyond drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    Sure hope not. Zandalari trolls aren't Darkspear trolls. Leave the Zandalari to have their night elf'ish skeleton, I prefer the current troll model over the Zandalari mobs in 5.2. But guess we won't know till they show us, and I imagine we'll see it at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    We will see it at Blizzcon.

This. Blizzcon will imo show off the new expansion plus updates on old models and how the world post mop will have changed

This year's Blizzcon is shaping up to be absolutely massive so I wouldn't be surprised if they're revealed then, along with the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it would be nice to finally see it. but then, blizzard are known for making promises but not following with it.

Remember how excited people got when they flashed 'NEW DANCE STUDIO!' on screen with cata?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well it would be nice to finally see it. but then, blizzard are known for making promises but not following with it.

Remember how excited people got when they flashed 'NEW DANCE STUDIO!' on screen with cata?
    And then Blizzard, along with everyone else, realized how "dumb" Dance Studio is.

Besides, they've kept all of their promises with Mists. I'm not going to doubt them after lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I hope with new Character models they could add Sub Races with em too.

I thought that was new dances with WOTLK Reveal trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2IvDjY3CtQ

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    So was the tv commercial of the juck norris human model... ??

In fact, I doubt they didnt do anything beyond drawing.
    commercials are made with animations and live-action mocap.
    They didnt make a model just for one commercial. They just animated the old one to do those silly tricks. As you see none of the commercial are ingame footage.

I can see it being released or at least hinted/teased about as a draw to Blizzcon, seems to be their pattern.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    This. Blizzcon will imo show off the new expansion plus updates on old models and how the world post mop will have changed
    whole world isn't umm big?

10+ Year Old Account
    the devs said some time ago, because of the effort it took to update the old world in cata, it made the endgame content suffer, so they wouldn't be going back to update the old world again, not for a very long time if at all.
    tbh I think wow would be finished before they consider it again.
    #boycottchina

My guess is it will be a selling feature for the next expansion, plus going back to the Burning Legion ( i assume anyways). Those two things alone might bring back some subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    My guess is it will be a selling feature for the next expansion, plus going back to the Burning Legion ( i assume anyways). Those two things alone might bring back some subs.
    How would that work though? only give new models to people who get the next expanion?

I'll hold my breathe, new character models have been hinted at since WotLK.

I do wonder if they will have to give everyone free race/face changes when and if they do update the models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think that new models = no new races?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-04-24 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted

Well at least it's not on the box... aerial battles are still on the WotLK box and still they haven't brought something even close to them. Might be time, the PvP servers crowd would love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Anyone else think that new models = no new classes?
    Do we really want MORE classes?
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Anyone else think that new models = no new classes?
    No, because the team that does models has little to do with class design. If there won't be a new class, it won't because Blizzard didn't think of any that could fit or it wasn't right time, it won't be because of models.