View Poll Results: Do you own/how many guns?

Voters
644. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

    414 64.29%
  • 1

    46 7.14%
  • 2

    34 5.28%
  • 3-4

    59 9.16%
  • 5-10

    58 9.01%
  • 11-20

    11 1.71%
  • >20

    22 3.42%
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    The Insane RICH8472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Illium, Nexus
    Posts
    17,705
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Not your own kidneys I assume...

    I got all confused when I broke the firing pin on my metric FAL, after a little research it turns out I have a metric rifle with an L1A1 bolt carrier and bolt. I had to modify my new fp to get it to fit.
    Why would I sell my own Kidneys? I need them for the drinking.

  2. #342
    Banned vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    6,008
    none I feel that guns are not needed

  3. #343
    The Insane RICH8472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Illium, Nexus
    Posts
    17,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm a small guy with thin wrists! I even have trouble with 45s D:
    Start bodybuilding. The first time I applied to join the forces they turned me down for being too underweight, I only weighed 45kgs, A year of bodybuilding and I was a healthy weight and much stronger.

  4. #344
    Scarab Lord xylophone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Depends. 5.56 can be deadlier than 7.62 at sufficient velocity.
    Are you trying to be a clever ruseman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

  5. #345
    Titan Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    11,929
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Start bodybuilding. The first time I applied to join the forces they turned me down for being too underweight, I only weighed 45kgs, A year of bodybuilding and I was a healthy weight and much stronger.
    I have chronic laziness. It's a very serious and incurable condition.

    Besides, in my area muscle bottoms aren't a valuable commodity.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  6. #346
    Brewmaster Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Exactly; FAL's are too heavy for me.
    Heavy as in just the weight or heavy kick? Carbine length modern FAL's like the DSA Para SA58 can be pretty light(~8lbs). The Kel tec RFB is
    the same weight, if you like bullpup rifles (only commercially available bullpup 7.62x51 that I'm aware of, aside from chassis mods for the M14).

    thats only 1.5 lbs heavier than a standard DI AR-15, and only 1 lb heavier than the average piston AR.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2013-04-23 at 10:05 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  7. #347
    Titan Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    11,929
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Are you trying to be a clever ruseman?
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  8. #348
    The Insane RICH8472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Illium, Nexus
    Posts
    17,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I have chronic laziness. It's a very serious and incurable condition.

    Besides, in my area muscle bottoms aren't a valuable commodity.
    Nothing wrong with a muscular bottom, it looks better in shorts.

  9. #349
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,306
    personally i have around 20-25. collectively between me, my father and my brother, in the 40-50 range

  10. #350
    Stood in the Fire Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Depends. 5.56 can be deadlier than 7.62 at sufficient velocity.
    If money wasn't an object, I'd go with 6.8mm SPC.
    I'm a gun-toting, Constitution clinging American atheist, in that order.

  11. #351
    Titan Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    11,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Heavy as in just the weight or heavy kick? Carbine length modern FAL's like the DSA Para SA58 can be pretty light(~8lbs). The Kel tec RFB is
    the same weight, if you like bullpup rifles (only bullpup 7.62x51 that I'm aware of).

    thats only 1.5 lbs heavier than a standard DI AR-15, and only 1 lb heavier than the average piston AR.
    Both; not that I haven't shot some pigs before, but the FAL in particular is difficult for me to handle.

    But Rich is probably right, I don't handle them frequently enough to get used to them.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 02:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a muscular bottom, it looks better in shorts.
    Not a muscular bottom, a muscle bottom.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  12. #352
    Brewmaster jahasafrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,288
    I've inherited a number of older long guns. From my maternal grandfather I have a 196X Winchester Model 100 rifle in .308. From my dad I have a .22 rifle, a .410 bolt-action shotgun, a single barrel 12 guage break-action, a single barrel 18 guage break-action, and one other that I can't remember (they've been in storage for over 20 years).

    I've never actually purchased a gun, but when I do it will most likely be a Ruger .357.

  13. #353
    The Insane RICH8472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Illium, Nexus
    Posts
    17,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Heavy as in just the weight or heavy kick? Carbine length modern FAL's like the DSA Para SA58 can be pretty light(~8lbs). The Kel tec RFB is
    the same weight, if you like bullpup rifles (only bullpup 7.62x51 that I'm aware of).

    thats only 1.5 lbs heavier than a standard DI AR-15, and only 1 lb heavier than the average piston AR.
    An SA80 loaded with a SUSAT sight is 11lbs, the weight is not an issue at all. I like the weight, it gives me confidence in how robust it is, if you run out of ammunition and your bayonet breaks you can still use it as a club.

  14. #354
    Scarab Lord xylophone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I have chronic laziness. It's a very serious and incurable condition.

    Besides, in my area muscle bottoms aren't a valuable commodity.
    I'm skinnyfat and I don't let it stop me. Just get an FAL carbine.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 02:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Both; not that I haven't shot some pigs before, but the FAL in particular is difficult for me to handle.

    But Rich is probably right, I don't handle them frequently enough to get used to them.
    I handle mine all the time, if you know what I mean. I handle that baby till I get bruises then I handle it some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

  15. #355
    The Insane RICH8472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Illium, Nexus
    Posts
    17,705
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I'm skinnyfat and I don't let it stop me. Just get an FAL carbine.
    Or get a full size one, carry it all day everyday until you get used to it, its still much lighter than the standard British rifle the SA80.

  16. #356
    I have none. I don't care if people legally obtain firearms, but I do think a portion of people go way overboard. I just have never felt the need to own one. Hell, I've never even fired a gun lol.

  17. #357
    Scarab Lord xylophone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,286
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    An SA80 loaded with a SUSAT sight is 11lbs, the weight is not an issue at all. I like the weight, it gives me confidence in how robust it is, if you run out of ammunition and your bayonet breaks you can still use it as a club.
    Weight actually lowers felt recoil as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

  18. #358
    Glock 22, Glock 27, AR-15, Springfield 1911 Operator, Rock Island Armory 1911. I have the first three to protect my life and the lives around me. I have the other two for having fun at the range.

  19. #359
    Scarab Lord xylophone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,286
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Or get a full size one, carry it all day everyday until you get used to it, its still much lighter than the standard British rifle the SA80.
    If I could I would, t'would be glorious. Alas, those pinko commie college professors would throw a hissy fit. I guess they just aren't American enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

  20. #360
    The Insane RICH8472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Illium, Nexus
    Posts
    17,705
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Weight actually lowers felt recoil as well.
    Yup, the SA80 is one of if not THE most accurate assault rifle in the world, it was designed as a target rifle first and assault rifle second, which is what caused the problems with the A1 model. The A2 has few issues nowadays however, a fine weapon.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    If I could I would, t'would be glorious. Alas, those pinko commie college professors would throw a hissy fit. I guess they just aren't American enough.
    *Belgian, credit where credits due.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •