View Poll Results: Do you own/how many guns?

Voters
644. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

414 64.29%

46 7.14%

34 5.28%
  • 3-4

59 9.16%
  • 5-10

58 9.01%
  • 11-20

11 1.71%
  • >20

22 3.42%
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    average weight of a 12 ga shot gun is 8 to 9 pounds
    weight of an AR15 is 6 to 8 pounds

over length of a 12 ga shot gun is between 36 and 48 inches
    length of an AR15 as short as 16 inches average is 30

kick of a 12ga shot gun is about 54 ft pounds
    kick of an AR15 is about 14 ft pounds
    2 pounds makes a big difference? As for the kick it is not a problem if you train with it, as you should with all firearms.

I have one.

I dip my arm in alcohol and set it on fire.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Why on earth would I provide a comprehensive list of firearms that I may or may not own?
    OP is working for Bloomberg and the ATF.

None

Hmm im from the UK and I must have seen a real gun maybe once or twice in my life and that was in a museum type place lol. Nah fuck guns and everything they stand for, im not going to get into a debate about them because it wont lead to anything but im glad to be from England were they are non existent in everyday life.

Stood in the Fire
    I don't. I don't hunt or collect. I've gone to the range with friends a couple of times. I sort of liked the challenge of being accurate, but not enough to spend the money.

None. I have no use for a firearm.
    Go and tell my baby sister
    Not to do what I have done
    Go and spurn that house down in New Orleans
    They call the Rising Sun

The Patient
    No and I don't want to. Besides, the process of getting a gun in Finland after the couple school shootings isn't worth it.

Zero. I don't see why anyone needs one.

Protection? BS, sorry but a big bat will work just as well.
    Hunting? Nope, I don't see why you should kill animals for sport. You disgust me.
    Making me feel like a big tough man? Nope, I've got a massive cock and a g/f covered in bruises that proves my manliness.

Mechagnome
    I own a single 22 Handgun. I've shot a few thousand rounds through it in around 5 outings.

I chose it because it was an excellent way to learn how to shoot a handgun, one of the most accurate handguns. I've shot rifles, hunted, even automatic weapons. I don't have any intention on hunting anytime soon, so I bought the only thing that could have any practical use, and I highly doubt it would ever be used for self defense. It's also insanely difficult to find a shotgun range in a large city, and going shooting relieves stress, it's fun to do.

So long as you have respect for weapons, you have no intention to kill anyone, and aren't a maniac, weapons are perfectly fine.

Warchief
    none , dont need them either im not druglord or mobster...

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    2 pounds makes a big difference? As for the kick it is not a problem if you train with it, as you should with all firearms.
    More to the point though RICH, anything but a shotgun in a housing estate puts neighbors at risk unless they have very solid walls and widows.

I don't own a firearm, although from the poll pov I think it's strange I'm supposed to explain why I don't have one. It's not like you'll automatically get one if you're born. But fair enough, as far as I know most firearms are illegal where I live. I don't need one, I'm not allowed to shoot it and all in all it seems like a waste of money to get myself licensed to have one, buy one and get a license to shoot it.

I'd rather spend my money on a holiday or a new PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    More to the point though RICH, anything but a shotgun in a housing estate puts neighbors at risk unless they have very solid walls and widows.
    Now I'm no expert on ballistics but surely shotgun pellets would more easily go through wall than a .22?

Herald of the Titans
    I refuse to vote in the poll, because I don't think that's anyone's business. Not that I don't think this is any interesting thread, it certainly is, OP. If others want to share that information, all the power to them, but I choose to keep that information private.

well let me ask you this. lets look at what the experts use for close quarter combat just like you will se in home defense. Do they use shotguns? nope do they use pistols some times but the weapon you see the military use most often is the full automatic version of the AR15 the M16A2 with a shorter barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Zero. I don't see why anyone needs one.

Protection? BS, sorry but a big bat will work just as well.
    Hunting? Nope, I don't see why you should kill animals for sport. You disgust me.
    Making me feel like a big tough man? Nope, I've got a massive cock and a g/f covered in bruises that proves my manliness.
    Most actually hunt for the meat.

Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Most actually hunt for the meat.
    The sweetest deer is the deer you killed yourself.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    So killing an animal for sport, eating it, probably honoring 90% of its body is worse than raising cows to be slaughtered, injecting them with hormones, and killing them, using 75% of the animal?

Also, if you eat fish, most fish you get is fished in a way that kills coral reefs and entire habitats in one go. If you've ever eaten anything fast food fish, you should be ashamed, they killed whales for your fish fillet.

Unless you're a vegetarian, there is little argument there.

Hunting is probably one of the best ways to honor the animal and the habitat, if you eat meat. Fishing by traditional line and pole is perfectly fine as well.

308 bolt action
    kar98k
    44 rev
    22 lr x2
    20g single
    1891 mauser

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    well let me ask you this. lets look at what the experts use for close quarter combat just like you will se in home defense. Do they use shotguns? nope do they use pistols some times but the weapon you see the military use most often is the full automatic version of the AR15 the M16A2 with a shorter barrel

I beg to differ.