Poll: Do you own/how many guns?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    None. I have no need for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    What a dumb video, half the weapons there are not even shotguns.
    shows you that you are very knowledgeable about guns. Only one could be mistaken for not being a shot gun and that is the second women all the rest are unmistakable shot guns other then the women shooting the AR15

- Rock River LAR-15
    - Glock 21
    - Sig Sauer p226

Deleted
    don't have one don't need one

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't own, but everyone keeps telling me I should buy a shotgun for when my daughter gets older

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I own none and don't know how to use them either.
    Sounds like American politicians that try to legislate against "assault rifles". They don't know what they are talking about either.

Why on earth would I provide a comprehensive list of firearms that I may or may not own?

10+ Year Old Account
    I own zero, am entitled to one (if I ever go back to Cyprus, due to being a member of the Cypriot army - good luck with that Kypros), have used them on a number of occasions, and see absolutely no reason why I would ever need to own one unless I take up some sport that requires their use.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Why on earth would I provide a comprehensive list of firearms that I may or may not own?
    Because clearly the NSA is monitoring your online traffic.....

I agree that nothing beats a shotgun for home defence, I always cringe when people try arguing that an AR is better.
    Yeah shotguns and handguns are the way to go. The AR is too unwieldy and weak for home defense, unless its an outdoors situation. I only use the AR for the range or hunting small game. The game warden doesn't like people hunting deer with AR-15s because they don't die quick enough with the .223 and it's inhumane unless its a head or neck shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    shows you that you are very knowledgeable about guns. Only one could be mistaken for not being a shot gun and that is the second women all the rest are unmistakable shot guns other then the women shooting the AR15
    I exaggerated when I said half but the video clearly shows more than just regular shotguns, you don't put scopes on shotguns unless you are a complete prat, That fool did it to on purpose to inure that woman.

I hate videos that are edited to only show one side of the story, I could do the same thing with AR's proving how poor they are for home defence.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2013-04-23 at 03:17 PM.

No firearm. No gun culture where I live. I don't see any reason to own one right now or in the future.

Nope. IMO the danger of having one in the house outweights any feeling of safety I might get out of it.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Seven rifles, three handguns, and a shotgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Zero, there isn't a gun culture in Scotland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Zero, there isn't a gun culture in Scotland.
    Hunting is still a big thing in Scotland, its where i go.

I have none.

Reason: No hobby-interest in them and I feel safe where I live.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    Yeah shotguns and handguns are the way to go. The AR is too unwieldy and weak for home defense, unless its an outdoors situation. I only use the AR for the range or hunting small game. The game warden doesn't like people hunting deer with AR-15s because they don't die quick enough with the .223 and it's inhumane unless its a head or neck shot.
    average weight of a 12 ga shot gun is 8 to 9 pounds
    weight of an AR15 is 6 to 8 pounds

over length of a 12 ga shot gun is between 36 and 48 inches
    length of an AR15 as short as 16 inches average is 30

kick of a 12ga shot gun is about 54 ft pounds
    kick of an AR15 is about 14 ft pounds

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 11:45 AM ----------

I exaggerated when I said half but the video clearly shows more than just regular shotguns, you don't put scopes on shotguns unless you are a complete prat, That fool did it to on purpose to inure that woman.

I hate videos that are edited to only show one side of the story, I could do the same thing with AR's proving how poor they are for home defence.
    please show me a video of an AR15 putting a women on her ass from firing it would love to see it. an AR15 only has 14 ft pounds of kick compared to a 12ga that has about 54 that is over 3 times the kick
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-04-23 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    People need more than 1 gun for home defence?

You Americans... what will you do next?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    average weight of a 12 ga shot gun is 8 to 9 pounds
    weight of an AR15 is 6 to 8 pounds

over length of a 12 ga shot gun is between 36 and 48 inches
    length of an AR15 as short as 16 inches average is 30

kick of a 12ga shot gun is about 54 ft pounds
    kick of an AR15 is about 14 ft pounds
    2 pounds makes a big difference? As for the kick it is not a problem if you train with it, as you should with all firearms.