Poll: Would you like a title with the faction or group you become exalted with?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Title with exalted status

I were wondering earlier, would you like a title with the faction you become exalted with? There are a lot of factions in game and a great many of them don't come with a title. Fair enough it's a way to show off that you have become exalted with them and worked hard to do it and earn bragging rights, but what about the RP aspects as well? Mainly for RP aspects I guess, but it would be nice to be able to have a title along with that rep achiv, for example Yourname <of the Kirin Tor> or <Ravenholdt>

I personally would love this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what faction. As a warrior Guardian of Cenarius or Argent Champion suck ( Ok Argent champion is nice for human maybe, but for orc it don't fit imo). But i don't mind, they can add title to every faction after getting exalted, however im still waiting for Blademaster <Name>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Depends what faction. As a warrior Guardian of Cenarius or Argent Champion suck ( Ok Argent champion is nice for human maybe, but for orc it don't fit imo). But i don't mind, they can add title to every faction after getting exalted, however im still waiting for Blademaster <Name>
    Eitrigg would like a word with you!

_______, knight of the ebon blade.

sounds kinky lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I always wondered why isnt there a tittle/achievment for Hated reputations.
    Like 10 would reward with "Hated X" tittle
    20 would be "Renegade X"
    and 30 could be "X, one who takes shit from noone"
    That would give us reason to make rivers go red with blood of members of factions we dont really care about anymore.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2013-04-23 at 04:27 PM.

Already have ~50+ titles and haven't farmed that in like 4 years. Would be nice to have "The Defiler" from AB exalted but that's Archimonde's title so dunno really...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Already have ~50+ titles and haven't farmed that in like 4 years. Would be nice to have "The Defiler" from AB exalted but that's Archimonde's title so dunno really...
    firelord is Ragnaros'

also: Razelikh also uses the "defiler" title.

10+ Year Old Account
    More titles that hardly anyone would actually use to be honest. Too many titles and titles become meaningless, which I'm sure some would think they already are just because of this. I'm fine with the current system of vanity items at exalted with many of the rep factions.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    More titles that hardly anyone would actually use to be honest. Too many titles and titles become meaningless, which I'm sure some would think they already are just because of this. I'm fine with the current system of vanity items at exalted with many of the rep factions.
    Titles are meaningless anyway if you think about it, ok they are there to polish and buff nails when you have gained a hard earned title, but to be honest, most of them are for RP anyway, there's not much of a difference in todays gaming society where earning a title from wrath in MoP is that big a deal

This would effectively double (rough guesstimate) the number of titles I already have...90% of which I've never used. Pointless, IMO.

Certain factions could work but definitely not all of them, as Kazgrel pointed out, there's already a lot of titles that we barely use, most of the people stick to one title and that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    This would effectively double (rough guesstimate) the number of titles I already have...90% of which I've never used. Pointless, IMO.
    Don't earn the title then! simple!

It can work out sometimes, but most of the time it just becomes kinda bloaty, especially with a lot of very easy factions.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

to all the people saying there shouldn't be more titles because you don't use most of your titles:

no shit you don't use most of your titles. do you use all face options? all skin colors?

titles should be seen as character customization, not e-peen strokers.

I want to be a lord. where's the lord title? there isn't a lord title. why? because there are far too few titles. and among the titles that do exist, most are so specific that IMHO it doesn't make a lot of sense to wear them. we need more titles. more simple titles. more general titles, that someone with any sort of backstory could have.

titles like this in-game at the moment include "farmer", "the noble", "the insane", "the seeker", "the explorer", et cetera. but these are so few in comparison to "IMMA A GODSLAYER!" titles that it makes me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many titles imo. There are a couple that could sound pretty awesome, but other than that, nah not really interested. Prefer just mount and pet rewards.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I want to be a lord. where's the lord title? there isn't a lord title. why? because there are far too few titles. and among the titles that do exist, most are so specific that IMHO it doesn't make a lot of sense to wear them. we need more titles. more simple titles. more general titles, that someone with any sort of backstory could have.

titles like this in-game at the moment include "farmer", "the noble", "the insane", "the seeker", "the explorer", et cetera. but these are so few in comparison to "IMMA A GODSLAYER!" titles that it makes me sad.
    Totally agree. I'd love to have more general-use titles available.

I wish the "military rank" titles weren't exclusive to PvP, either. Several of my WoW characters are named after characters from my stories who have military ranks, and it would be cool to have the matching ranks on the WoW characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Totally agree. I'd love to have more general-use titles available.

I wish the "military rank" titles weren't exclusive to PvP, either. Several of my WoW characters are named after characters from my stories who have military ranks, and it would be cool to have the matching ranks on the WoW characters.
    I guess I'm sort of biased. I love collecting titles, and I continue to do it even though I know I wont use any of them. My main is a priest named "Nebyula" a deliberate misspelling of Nebula, and when the Starcaller title came out I rushed to get it and have literally used nothing else since.

Because Starcaller Nebyula? It's so ridiculously perfect I just can't even.

I swap titles on alts all the time, but my main is using that title for life. So my interest in getting new ones is pretty low, I just enjoy getting them for the sake of getting them, so should probably disregard my opinion :P
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, 90% or more of all of the pets and mounts I collect will never be used, but I like to have them. Titles are basically the same thing. Even if you never use them, having them won't hurt you, and you don't have to try and collect them if you don't want to.

Plus titles would be considerably easier to implement than pets or mounts--no artwork, no animations, just text. It wouldn't be taking development time from anything else, other than maybe if Blizzard really wanted to add a special way to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Don't earn the title then! simple!
    As someone who just collects achievements in general, most of them simply come with the territory.

I just want Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent and Disappointing Minions permanently. :P