Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Such a bad way to spend their lives.
    I raided 4 x 4 hour and i think i was way too much.
    It's not particularly bad considering that it only lasts for 1-2 weeks, after that they are back to raiding even less than most guilds since they are clearing the instance so much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I get that, once on farm, they usually just clear raids in 1 or 2 short nights. But still, I don´t even fathom the idea of spending 1 or 2 weeks playing 14 to 16 hours. I have a job, family, friends and life to live. I can´t bunker down that long for any 1 thing for so long.

I´m not trying to point fingers here. its just that I really didnt think it was THAT extreme. A 16 hour raid day meant they got up at some point, started raiding, stopped, went to bed, woke up and went to raid again. Thats just not worth any sort of tittle to me. But, again, thats just me.
    The top guilds get paid to do that. Sponsors want to encourage them to get world firsts.

Same as any long term thing. like le mans. they drive it for fun but also for money, who would drive 24 hour race if they didnt get paid and they only lost money?

Only race that i know of which doesnt really reward anything other than bragging rights is Baja 1000. Every year offroad contestants race that approx 1000 mile offroad race and winner gets 4 grand, maybe.

Its for fun. raiding is for fun. some people just want to be the best in it. nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    During the race at 14 hours a day you've got to wonder how many of them end up hating the game.
    I usually start hating the game after doing PvP for 2-3 hours. xD

The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre80 View Post
    Yeah after progression is over, they just burn through and do 13/13hc in like 3-4 hours on Tuesday then they're all done and rarely log in for a while until they have to farm PTR for the next tier's raid.
    Alt runs...

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    It's not particularly bad considering that it only lasts for 1-2 weeks, after that they are back to raiding even less than most guilds since they are clearing the instance so much faster.
    1-2 weeks? lmfao. try 2 months bud.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Alt runs...
    they aren't required to run those..and they're much more casual..lmao

Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

Who cares how much they spend, it's their lives and they play for the thrill of the competition. Doing that many hours for one or two weeks is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    Actually most top guilds raid less in total than most 3-4 nights a week guilds. Seeing that they during farm only raid very little compared to casual guilds
    This. The whole idea is to be done quickly and then chill out. This isn't the preferred way for most people, but those who like it get the chance to. Being the best at anything takes effort.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk

They still raid more than anyone else. Don't kid yourself. They have alt runs that they must attend so that those alts are equally geared and ready to go for the next expansion. That's still easily 10+ hours a week raiding. It's a lot better, but it's certainly not a breeze. These guys have to live and breathe World of Warcraft every single week.

The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre80 View Post

they aren't required to run those..and they're much more casual..lmao
    They aren't required to run main runs either.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I usually start hating the game after doing PvP for 2-3 hours. xD
    I mean when does it just become work and less a hobby or game.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

This kind of guilds have sponsors who pay them for play games, play wow is their job.

It's a lot of time, I won't lie - Think about it! You still have to sleep, and do other things in the day!!

-> The big thing most people don't realize is: Even people raiding 4 hours a day - you still have to show up early, min/max, make sure your system (computer) is running 100%, as well as internet, etc etc.. There is just so much more to this.

Mad props to the world first teams!

With item upgrades etc taken into account, it is pretty safe to say that Method and other top guilds raid more during progression than the average guilds. Our guild for example spends around 10 hours A WEEK on raiding. If they raided 14-16 days every day for 1 month, that is hard to top.

This proves that time matters so much in WF raiding.

Where does this "1-2 month" comes from? They raid hardcore for 1 week. The 2nd week they are back to a "more than normal but not 24/7" shedule. After the 2nd week the content is clear. Do you inculde the first week, where no heroic mode was avaiable? Yeah, clearing ToT normal mode does require 16h/day...
    I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone - whispering their hidden song...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    After there world first, they probably just clear the instance every week and on there alts and be done with it, shouldn't be more than 4 raid nights
    2 nights max - 1 for mains/alts, 1 for alts/mains

They might step it up a bit just before patch end to make sure all alts are fully geared but basically you're looking at 8 hours a week max.

I'm not even in a top raiding guild and I play this much, nothing unusual for me. It's their life, their choice.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

Ironically they'll spend LESS time raiding a tier than anyone else. Now that it's on farm they can blitz through that raid in half the time as anyone else for the remainder of the expansion. Don't forget the reason you try weird strats/combo's/anything is because they're UNDERGEARED to do the fight. So they have to have that tank change out that one glyph to gain 713 more dps because in conjunction with X Y Z and then A B C they can cause each player blah blah blah. You get it. So once they have it on farm, all they're doing is speeding the clears up EVERY WEEK because they have the mechanics down flawlessly.

Stood in the Fire
    And this is AFTER they've been at it on the PTR for who knows how long. It's some crazy dedication.

There is something to take under account. Theres an intensity vs. frequency matter at play here. Yes, over the course of the life span of a tier I (the LFR dude) will probably spend more hours raiding than they will, meaning I will raid more frequently but with less intensity. While they do some rather intense raiding over a relatively small period of time.

The difference is more than just absolute hours spent playing. A 14 - 16 hour a day raid week is something rather harsh, even if they drop it afterwards. That is a rather big compromise of time for a video game no matter how you look at it. Being sponsored or not. This, to me, puts all this "best of the best" raiders into perspective though. That level of effort for a video game is something I find rather strange, but thats just me.

So, if you consider that "time" is relative... maybe in truth, taking under account "quality" of time, they spend way more time than the average person acctually raiding. But that sounds rather philosophical.

Also, remember, that this guys spend a substantial ammount of time on PTR which the average player does not.
    Last edited by caballitomalo; 2013-04-23 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Actually they have less than everyone else.
    Actually its about the same as/more than an usual heroic raiding guild. 16hrs is what you do weekly.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 07:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    its only 1 or 2 weeks, then they go back to normal raiding schedule
    This tiers progression lasted 1 and a half month.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.