Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    to each their own but being good at WOW is not gonna make you any better at REAL LIFE.
    Irrelevant post is irrelevant.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

The top guilds actually still raid more than average guilds... consider this.

4 weeks of 15hours per day 7 days per week = 420 hours, after progression is over though they drop down to maybe 4 hours if that so the remaining time of the tier approximately...,
    16 weeks of 4 hours per week = 64 hours. Total hours for the entire tier main raids approximately = 484 hours.

Comparing to your average heroic raiding guild of say 16 hours per week over the course of the entire tier we see...,
    20 * 16 = 320 hours

So the average heroic guild still raids far less in the long run....

Why does people you don't know and will never meet, probably in an entirely different country, choosing what they want to do with their time affect anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Why does people you don't know and will never meet, probably in an entirely different country, choosing what they want to do with their time affect anyone?
    If a South American strawberry picker decides to rub his nuts on all his produce before it's shipped to America.. I care a little.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    If a South American strawberry picker decides to rub his nuts on all his produce before it's shipped to America.. I care a little.
    I think the takeaway message of this thread is, "If you're not washing your strawberries before eating them, there's something wrong with you."
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    I think the takeaway message of this thread is, "If you're not washing your strawberries before eating them, there's something wrong with you."
    So you'd still eat washed strawberries after they've been on a pair of testicles? Alrighty. Different strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    So you'd still eat washed strawberries after they've been on a pair of testicles? Alrighty. Different strokes.
    Like all other plants, strawberries fertilized with vast quantities of animal excrement. Do you really think a little bare male skin is the worst they've seen?
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

The Patient
    In the long run they'll most likely end up raiding less than most semi serious guilds.

From now on they'll clear in 4ish hours a week, meanwhile alot of other guilds are still doing 12-20h weeks progressing. Whatever floats your boat, I prefer the latter, instead of gulping it all down at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    Like all other plants, strawberries fertilized with vast quantities of animal excrement. Do you really think a little bare male skin is the worst they've seen?
    This post has suddenly encouraged me to do a much better job of washing my fruits/vegetables before eating them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    In the long run they'll most likely end up raiding less than most semi serious guilds.

From now on they'll clear in 4ish hours a week, meanwhile alot of other guilds are still doing 12-20h weeks progressing. Whatever floats your boat, I prefer the latter, instead of gulping it all down at once.
    At least they get most of their wiping done all at once. I think I'd prefer that method, although raiding in a top 50 guild seems stressful due to all the pressures on performance.

I remember back in Classic we would spend 6-7 hrs per night, long before the "race" ever really even began. So this doesn't surprise or shock me.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

There are so many actual professions with odd schedules that have you working long stretches like this. It's not unhealthy if you do it right and science backs that up. It's all about diet, preparation, and planning.

Some of you need to actually think before saying such retarded things like the OP saying "it seems unhealthy derp". You should actually read their mental and physical health guidelines to progression raiding. It's probably a healthier lifestyle than what you're doing frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Hello, I posted this bullet point here with the interest of knowing how much time people spend on the game and particularly on raiding. I would like to hear others oppinions because, for a long time, I heard people say that high end raiders spends several hours a day during progression and then just slowed down during farm. Now, I never thought it was something in over 10 hours a day frame. But 14 - 16 hours game sessions? Damn.

Regardless of the fact that they "slow down" after world 1st, how much is slow for a person raiding 14 hours a day?

How much do you spend on raids and in the game for that matter? I, for one, raid 2 to 3 nights a weeks and spend between 2 - 3 hours of raid time each. Thats it, my guild isnt progression at all but I do enjoy what content we get to finish.

I just say this because I honestly think... the ammount of time "high end raiders" spend on the game... sounds unhealthy.
    Ppl do plenty of unhealthy shit. And I'm sure we could sift through your life and find the same. But you made this thread because you know you'll get the troves of method hate that you want so badly. Here's a tip on how to be happy in life. Worry about yourself. There are ppl that would look at you and think "That dude plays a fantasy video game 2-3 nights a week? For 2-3 hours a night? What the fuck is wrong with him? That's why you shouldn't judge other ppl. Because there is something in you somewhere where someone, or many ppl would think you were fucked up. While they are in the spotlight taking it from haters, you're in the shadows safe. Guarding your ego.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I remember back in Classic we would spend 6-7 hrs per night, long before the "race" ever really even began. So this doesn't surprise or shock me.
    There are ppl that play 14-15 hours a day that don't raid either. People are under the misconception that anyone that isn't progressed has a life and doesn't play much. But that's far from the truth. We are talking about WoW afterall.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

Lots of misinformed people in here. I know a few people in BL/Exodus/ Midwinter etc. They raid several hours going for W and US firsts. Then after progression they stop and go down to a more lax environment. Or do they? Nope, they raid on Alts, mains, alts of alts etc. They do in fact spend much more time than the average person raiding in this game. Nothing against that to each their own, I just wanted to educate some people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter;20919903
    [/COLOR
    There are ppl that play 14-15 hours a day that don't raid either. People are under the misconception that anyone that isn't progressed has a life and doesn't play much. But that's far from the truth. We are talking about WoW afterall.
    This. It seems like most players use WoW as a chat room.

Look for it like this:

Theyre sponsored hardcore world first raiders: they spent any time they can to achieve the goald they want, after that they raid what they can - i would assume that sometimes they cant bring 25man to go - and thats not so incredible, 2-3 weeks of free of real life time and thats i - next content 3months or more in the future - what makes top guilds top is what skill they bring to the table and what amount of real life they can sacrifice of THAT specific moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post

4hrs a week really? they do not raid less in the long run. Top guilds keep 3-4 toons geared, maybe more but i don't know. After progression is over they might raid in a more relaxed time frame but they still have to clear the tier multiple times a week to keep alts geared because World Firsts have shifted to having multiple geared toons and funnel gear to mains once progression starts. I highly doubt they can clear ToT multiple times in 4 hours.

I wonder what their family and coworkers/fellow students say when they literally disappear for 3 weeks straight because they're playing a game? Can just imagine what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Irrelevant post is irrelevant.
    Best example of "show, don't tell" I've ever seen.

Thats why its not for everyone... I for one could never do that. I don't even raid now because i'm not dedicated. Can't cancel things to raid. Hopefully in the summer i can
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

I always wondered if these hardcore raiders realize its just a game that will dissapear in a couple of years. Working so hard for something no one but themselves will remember instead of sharing some time with their families, friends. To each its own i guess, but i hope they dont regret the time spent playing like this later.