Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldur View Post
    I always wondered if these hardcore raiders realize its just a game that will dissapear in a couple of years. Working so hard for something no one but themselves will remember instead of sharing some time with their families, friends. To each its own i guess, but i hope they dont regret the time spent playing like this later.
    Their Wold First will be immortalized by Wowprogress / Guildox even if Blizz decides to stop supporting WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Their Wold First will be immortalized by Wowprogress / Guildox even if Blizz decides to stop supporting WoW.
    Not really.

How many people know who were the best SC1 players back in its heyday?

Looks like people think that they raid whole year 14-16 hour / day .. When its only couple weeks. That doesnt ruin anyones life really.

Do people really think folks in Method/BL/Paragon/etc get *anything* from their sponsors (Razor, Asus, whoever) outside of the occasional free mousepad or headset?
    Jsz
    <The Requiem> US-Horde Mythic
    > twitch.tv stream <

actually, if you knew how the system works for these guilds or hi end guilds is astonishing. First off, aside from the normal 14-16 hour raid content that they might do on there mains what they also do is gear alts. 1 alt in a 10m is funneled loot week in and week out. Now given the amount of people a pro 10m guild would have say 13 or so in there core roster x that by 11 alts. 133 toons to run in raids. lots more then 14-16 hours a day at raid content

Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    actually, if you knew how the system works for these guilds or hi end guilds is astonishing. First off, aside from the normal 14-16 hour raid content that they might do on there mains what they also do is gear alts. 1 alt in a 10m is funneled loot week in and week out. Now given the amount of people a pro 10m guild would have say 13 or so in there core roster x that by 11 alts. 133 toons to run in raids. lots more then 14-16 hours a day at raid content
    You think they all have 13 raid ready alts? Lol....

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    2-3 nights a week at 3 hours each for my guild. Never saw a point in racing to world firsts. Not like I can put it on my job resume and get offered a dream career for it and outside of wow no one cares.
    It's horrifying to me how many individuals come up with that tired anecdote. Most hobbies would not be considered a worthy bullet point on a resume. I suppose it could show devotion and the ability to work cognitively for inhumane amount of hours... but that might be stretching it.

Anyways, I always felt it must be nice to have this kind of passion when it comes to anything in your life. How many people out there can say that they are that passionate about anything in their life...

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Sad ain't it. And all for something that has no impact on the real world.
    I fail to see the issue sinking say ~three weeks of your time into it if you can effort it. Of course I totally admit that I probably couldn't pull that off for even one content as I am not yet successful enough for my taste but still everyone who can...I don't see the sad part in doing what you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Not really.
    Well people involved in the respective scenes of course like it is pretty much for everything else as well. Not that I feel that this is really comparable considering that the "best" sc1 players made shittons of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    It's horrifying to me how many individuals come up with that tired anecdote.
    Seriously this. As if you'd put your gym visits or number of watched games of your favorite sports team on your cv unless I suppose you apply for a job at a local fastfood chain or something.

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Actually they have less than everyone else.
    It's a lot less, I'm in a 20hrs a week (5x4hrs) guild and previous tiers we've gone from the usual 20 hours per week to like 8-10 hours, even less if we're not taking trials or not selling boost runs.

As far as I can tell the time top guilds and a guild like mine put in to kill 13/13 is going to be somewhat close. We might kill things a month or more after them but they've still had the same ammount of total raiding hours.
    What seperates top 10 guilds from top 20/30 guilds is mostly just time.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

We're 4/12 (Ji'Kun and Council will very likely go down this week, putting us at 6/12) in heroic Throne of Thunder and hold to a STRICT 9 hour a week schedule. It can be a bit of a scramble to fir everything into three short three hour raid days but raiding had finally become the recreational release I've been looking for... Instead of another 20-30 hour a week job.

Heroic ji-kun aint fun ¤_¤

When I did progression raiding a while back (from Vanilla through WoTLK) going for server firsts it we often did 6-8 hour nights. 14-16 seems fairly to scale for what they try to/do achieve.
    But then again, I am a Snowman on Fire!
    Yizelin the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Well people involved in the respective scenes of course like it is pretty much for everything else as well. Not that I feel that this is really comparable considering that the "best" sc1 players made shittons of money.
    I'm only arguing against the idea that WoW World Firsts will be immortalized.

I'm sure WoW World First guilds get paid big bucks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Such a bad way to spend their lives.
    I raided 4 x 4 hour and i think i was way too much.
    Why is a bad way to spend their lives? They are doing something they love. And enjoy. There's people slaving at jobs every day for 12-16h and are miserable, but you'd say they are good workers and responsible people. I work at event organization and I love it - couple of years ago we organized a festival and I was working 16h almost every day and on the event launch I was working 20h. Bad way to spend my life event if it was just a small section lf my life?

And now they're raiding far less than you? You will raid more than them all up in this tier, by a large amount. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    As I pointed out earlier, that would be 6 bosses per hour which is impossible, regardless of how skilled and efficient you are.
    Well, I havent raided with BL since End of cata, but no, 6 bosses in a hour is not impossible. Lets just say its 6 hours a week instead, Im guessing method is going to do sale runs, which in turn will be $$. You can make a decent amount between Sale runs + streaming, which a few of them do. The raiding these guy do is insane for sure, raiding 16 hours a day for 2-3 weeks is something alot of people can't do, but you cant flame people who ARE able to do it, the majority of the people have jobs and/or school, they just are able to manage their time well and are WILLING to make SACRIFICES to do what they enjoy and what they want to achieve.

Basically once progression is done the best guilds are down to 3 hrs a week full heroic clear. In the long run they probably have more spare time than the average guilds
    Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Not really.

SC players what?

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    Basically once progression is done the best guilds are down to 3 hrs a week full heroic clear. In the long run they probably have more spare time than the average guilds
    Because they do only one heroic clear a week, oh wait ....

High Overlord
    I wonder how much our progress would be with 14-16h raiding per day
    4/14hc with 12h in week now. Would be nice to try it on one tier

My question is: How do these guys earn money? I can't imagine that the whole raid group of each guild is rich by default or having an income through twitch/youtube etc.
    I guess living of relatives is one way to do it.
    But considering how many guilds there is that get fast progression (which is purely because of the hour spent per day) I'm worried that I'm actually indirectly paying for this through the social securities.