1. #1

    What emotes can other faction players see?

    Does anyone know what emotes other opposite faction members can see? For example, if you /lol it will say "<player> laughs at you", but some emotes will just come up as "makes strange gestures".

  2. #2
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,407
    Premade emos can be all seen.

    Player made emos will all go into makes strange gestures.

  3. #3
    Only thing they cannot see or understand is /e blablabla - like: /e has stolen your [Quel'Serrar]! Those emotes are selfmade and thus not viewable.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Does anyone know what emotes other opposite faction members can see? For example, if you /lol it will say "<player> laughs at you", but some emotes will just come up as "makes strange gestures".
    All stock emotes included in the game are shown to the other players. Anything you made up yourself is not.

    On a side note I find it funny when I'm in a bg and see 'strange gestures' at me over and over. It's like the guy went to all this trouble to macro a made up emote, and prolly thinks he's trolling me hard with it, little does he know I don't even understand it! LOL.

    ps - yes I did the same thing and thought I was the cats ass till a friend told me they can't understand it.

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,821
    Yeah all premade emotes will show up normally.

    My mate has a macro he uses to say "Me love you" to Hordies lol - If you type "/s go as sd d a p" I believe.

    Edited for the sake of clarity, before someone else jumps down my throat :P
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-04-26 at 07:13 AM.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Yeah all premade emotes will show up normally.

    My mate has a macro he uses to say "Me love you" to Hordies lol - If you type "go as sd d a p" I believe.
    Player made emos will all go under * makes strange gestures *.

    Check my first reply here.

    At most he wrote it directly in the macro ( /say or /yell) , but not with /e.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Player made emos will all go under * makes strange gestures *.

    Check my first reply here.

    At most he wrote it directly in the macro ( /say or /yell) , but not with /e.
    I never said using /e
    Just type in /s go as sd d a p it will show to Horde as "me love you" it's not using the /e command theres a few different jumble of letters that say stuff^ my friend uses it quite a bit and always to me when I hop on my Hordie to help him move stuff through the neutral AH :P

    Macro:

    /s go as sd d a p

    (save macro)

    Use macro.
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-04-26 at 06:59 AM.

  8. #8
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,407
    Well it was ambiguous since this thread is about emos.

    Be more specific next time .

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Well it was ambiguous since this thread is about emos.

    Be more specific next time .
    Yes Dad...

  10. #10
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Yes Dad...
    Refrain from name calling people. And stay on topic. Lutfen !

    Even though .. I guess we should just let this topic die as it has been given the right answer right at the beginning.

    Iyi gunler !

  11. #11
    They can see /spit. I always do this on an enemy corpse.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Refrain from name calling people. And stay on topic. Lutfen !

    Even though .. I guess we should just let this topic die as it has been given the right answer right at the beginning.

    Iyi gunler !
    There was no name calling, it's called a funny retort, to your *be more specific next time* demand :P

    Indeed the answer has been given hope that helped the OP out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •