10+ Year Old Account

Jin'rokh CD usage

Are you guys using your CDs on pull for trinkets or saving them for first puddle/BL? Tried both and can't notice much of a difference, but I am not happy with where I am on this boss.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Are you guys using your CDs on pull for trinkets or saving them for first puddle/BL? Tried both and can't notice much of a difference, but I am not happy with where I am on this boss.

Thanks guys
    You're probably going to want to post logs if you want a detailed response. I wouldn't recommend using your cds on the pull, wait for the first puddle. My group usually kills him in around 3:30-4 minutes, http://worldoflogs.com/reports/eszbu...e/?s=389&e=632

Ideally, you'll use your cds on the first puddle, and the 3 minuters should be up again around 10% boss health. I got a few upgrades this week, so I should be 200k this week. As far as trinket swapping, not really necessary to save them for the puddles, at least for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I really just needed validation. I normally DR/BB on the pull then it is normally up 15 secs into lust/first puddle. The only bad thing about this is I sometimes have to run out of the puddle for static shock debuff to be dispelled and sometimes my CDs are blown, so it leaves the CD usage feeling really awkward. Almost like 6 in one, 1/2 dozen in the other you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I really just needed validation. I normally DR/BB on the pull then it is normally up 15 secs into lust/first puddle. The only bad thing about this is I sometimes have to run out of the puddle for static shock debuff to be dispelled and sometimes my CDs are blown, so it leaves the CD usage feeling really awkward. Almost like 6 in one, 1/2 dozen in the other you know.
    In my group they just let the debuff time out on melee who can't immune it.

It just happens sometimes that having proc-trinkets lowers your dps. sims and gear guides don't take these kind of things into account.

But in the end it's Jin'Rokh, so whatever
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    It just happens sometimes that having proc-trinkets lowers your dps. sims and gear guides don't take these kind of things into account.

But in the end it's Jin'Rokh, so whatever
    Must beat the rogue in our group! MUST!

Heard some people swapping/re-equipping trinkets before the pull to make it procc during a pool. Not sure of the specifics, though.

I've found that if I wait until the puddles my CDs aren't ready in time for execute so I've been using them off the pull. I'd say it depends on your raid dps.

Im using bloodbath+reck at the pull with prepot and trinket procs, bloodbath is ready again just about when ionization hits and running out with ~5 secs left works well, third bloodbath at the start of the 2nd pool and then depending on how fast you kill it you can delay the last bloodbath. For me it seems better to use reck at the start 12.8k strength from talisman+prepot.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    Im using bloodbath+reck at the pull with prepot and trinket procs, bloodbath is ready again just about when ionization hits and running out with ~5 secs left works well, third bloodbath at the start of the 2nd pool and then depending on how fast you kill it you can delay the last bloodbath. For me it seems better to use reck at the start 12.8k strength from talisman+prepot.
    I completely agree. Given that the fight is so short, and procs etc don't favor the cyclical nature of it - its better to use them rotationally. Its definitely not the place for a "Swifty" macro. You'd only have one peak rather than having a few with more possible proccd puddles.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1023&e=1293

This is my log. I bloodbath on pull, use reck+banner on 1st pool. BB again just before ion.

Save my CDs for 3rd pool execute phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1023&e=1293

This is my log. I bloodbath on pull, use reck+banner on 1st pool. BB again just before ion.

Save my CDs for 3rd pool execute phase.
    You de-sync your reck/banner with your bloodbath?

Deleted
    In general I think you are best to burst during the pools. Especially if your trinket procs line up well.

Yes. For my first set. Appears to work well if you look at the log. My skull banner is reserved as a raid CD and used on first pool with heroism. I prepot and decided not to delay my first BB to make use of my procs and mogu.

My bb is up again on first pool albeit not in tune with my CDs but better than lose one BB cast by saving it

You de-sync your reck/banner with your bloodbath?

Yes. For my first set. Appears to work well if you look at the log. My skull banner is reserved as a raid CD and used on first pool with heroism. I prepot and decided not to delay my first BB to make use of my procs and mogu.

My bb is up again on first pool albeit not in tune with my CDs but better than lose one BB cast by saving it
    You can just use BB on pull, and then use Reck 20s into the first pool when BB comes back up. Best of both worlds.

Then you don't get heroism buff. If the raid delay heroism for me to align with BB, ionization will hit in the middle of hero. Which means certain groups need to run out and get dispelled.. Which means those people won't get full benefits of hero.

Second, delaying reck and skull 20 seconds to wait for BB would mean that the CD may (depends on how fast we down boss) not be available for execute phase on 3rd pool
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-04-25 at 03:31 AM.

It's easier if you let the buff drop off. This gives time to dps. That's how we do it. At 10secs I run out and let it drop off.
    I lose no dps time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    It's easier if you let the buff drop off. This gives time to dps. That's how we do it. At 10secs I run out and let it drop off.
    I lose no dps time.
    10 seconds? THat's a lot of lost DPS time.

Then you don't get heroism buff. If the raid delay heroism for me to align with BB, ionization will hit in the middle of hero. Which means certain groups need to run out and get dispelled.. Which means those people won't get full benefits of hero.

Second, delaying reck and skull 20 seconds to wait for BB would mean that the CD may (depends on how fast we down boss) not be available for execute phase on 3rd pool
    Hero lasts 40s. If you hero as soon as the pool spawns, you'll still have 20s left on it when you hit your CDs. If you're killing it in 4:20 or over, reck/banner will be back up in time to fully utilize. If you're killing it somewhere between 4:00-4:20, then you'll want to save BB to use immediately in the first pool so you don't lose out on the reck. If you're killing it in less than 4:00 or so, you may just want to use it on the pull since you'll be cutting into the 2nd reck's active time if you wait to use it with the first pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    10 seconds? THat's a lot of lost DPS time.
    I don't run out of melee range, and around 10 or 8. I just do that so I make sure i'm in a spot i'm not going to blow anyone up.
    But it's a lot better than running out long before it expires to get a dispell. Rogues and DKs can prevent them selves from getting the debuff. So I don't have any problems finding a safe spot in melee range.