1. #1

    Holy Paladin ToT Tips

    I was 2/12 in ToT until about two weeks ago when I joined a 12/12 guild and I was taken along to learn the rest of the fights during their normal clearing. I noticed that I was often one of the last healers on the meters, which is odd because I consider myself a pretty good healer. My main thought is that I just have a problem adjusting to the 25 man scene while learning fights. All the other healers outgear me slightly, but I'm not entirely convinced that is the sole issue. I am a Mastery paladin, same as our other Paladin (Roselle). I have logs from the second week I raided with them where they took me for Lei Shen (My first time there). I've already been told I need to work on my CD and DR usage, which I'm still working out. Any tips on that would be helpful. I also think that I might need to wait to replace some of my 489/496 pieces for more spirit so I don't go completely oom during AoE healing phases.

    Logs:
    Jin'Rohk to Primordius
    Dark Animus
    Iron Qon to Lei Shen

    Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A9tus/advanced

  2. #2
    Holy shock. Use it properly. And CS for more HP. this should probably be in the paladin forum ;3

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Holy shock. Use it properly. And CS for more HP. this should probably be in the paladin forum ;3
    Agreed with this. It's likely an issue of using spells wrong. I can't really look over the logs right now, but as a holy pally you really shouldn't be going oom on AoE healing phases.

  4. #4
    I thought I was using my Holy Shock pretty efficiently. I'll have to take a looK at some of the boss logs and see, thanks for bringing it to my attention

  5. #5
    Notice how the other Pally is still using their T14 4pc? Its a damn good 4pc, you shouldn't have replaced it yet. Assuming you even had it to begin with. Its a REALLY good 4pc. For example:

    Lei Shen:
    Your Holy Shocks: 63
    Roselle: 100

    Guess where that 50% more Holy Shocks come from? If you look you can see he also had more Light of Dawns, because that's what happens when you have more Holy Shocks.

    But its not just Holy Shock. He also cast more Divine Lights than you, more Holy Radiance, more Light's Hammer... he cast more than you did. And you can't tell me that you were out of mana because you didn't even use your mana regen abilities. He used Divine Plea multiple times (you, zero), he used a mana pot and he used a glyphed LoH. Then he went out and spent that extra mana on casting more heals per second than you.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Notice how the other Pally is still using their T14 4pc? Its a damn good 4pc, you shouldn't have replaced it yet. Assuming you even had it to begin with. Its a REALLY good 4pc. For example:

    Lei Shen:
    Your Holy Shocks: 63
    Roselle: 100

    Guess where that 50% more Holy Shocks come from? If you look you can see he also had more Light of Dawns, because that's what happens when you have more Holy Shocks.

    But its not just Holy Shock. He also cast more Divine Lights than you, more Holy Radiance, more Light's Hammer... he cast more than you did. And you can't tell me that you were out of mana because you didn't even use your mana regen abilities. He used Divine Plea multiple times (you, zero), he used a mana pot and he used a glyphed LoH. Then he went out and spent that extra mana on casting more heals per second than you.
    Holy was my off set in the previous tier. I did not get my 4 piece of t14, so I simply gathered ToT upgrades. Lei Shen isn't much of an indicator, if I'm honest. As I mentioned in the OP, It was my first time and I more or less spent it running around like a chicken with its head cut off. In addition mana wasn't really my problem during that encounter because of the down time and I didn't throw off an unnecessary Divine Plea. I was also dead for a while during the kill so, naturally, the numbers are skewed. If you want to bring up a valid point, bring it up on one of the eleven fights that I had done previously.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Holy was my off set in the previous tier. I did not get my 4 piece of t14, so I simply gathered ToT upgrades. Lei Shen isn't much of an indicator, if I'm honest. As I mentioned in the OP, It was my first time and I more or less spent it running around like a chicken with its head cut off. In addition mana wasn't really my problem during that encounter because of the down time and I didn't throw off an unnecessary Divine Plea. I was also dead for a while during the kill so, naturally, the numbers are skewed. If you want to bring up a valid point, bring it up on one of the eleven fights that I had done previously.
    Ok.

    Iron Quon:
    He has 500 more Holy Radiance hits than you, 5 more Divine Lights, 40 more Holy Shocks (partially due to 4pc), 150 more Light of Dawns (which comes from more HoPo out of those extra HRs and HSs).
    You have 107 more Holy Lights.

    While you're casting Holy Light he's using more mana intense spells that do more healing and also using more mana regen CDs to make up for it. Same basic concept as the Lei Shen fight.

    Megaera:
    More Holy Radiance, more Divine Light, less Holy Light. Again he uses more mana to generate more healing and more HoPo, and he also uses one more Divine Plea than you. Again he uses LoH and a mana pot for mana and you don't.

    Primorius same thing. I don't have time right now to look at the rest.

    I've also noticed he occasionally uses some HPS CDs more than you, but its not that big of a gap. On fights where it matters much like Megaera you were tied. What he uses more is just mana CDs, a pot, LoH and sometimes more Divine Pleas.

    I may have been harsh on you in the first post since I thought that was your 2nd Lei Shen kill but there's still no need to sass me when I'm taking time out of my day to try to help you. My points still stand. He casts more stuff than you, or at the very least more expansive stuff that generate more HPS. Holy Light really doesn't do much my friend, its a filler to use in between the real heavyweights of healing. Especially in 25m where HR will hit the full 6 people more often and give you HoPo for doing so. He also uses more mana regen CDs to presumably compensate for that extra mana cost while you just cast efficient heals and fall behind on HPS.

    That may not all be a bad thing. You do have more Beacon heals since Holy Light transfers 100% so you're contributing slightly more to stabilizing the tank's HP. But if you want HPS and to look good on meters then raid healing to the maximum possible potential of your mana pool is the way to do it. That's what he's doing.
    Last edited by RavenGage; 2013-04-23 at 11:20 PM.


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    That may not all be a bad thing. You do have more Beacon heals since Holy Light transfers 100% so you're contributing slightly more to stabilizing the tank's HP. But if you want HPS and to look good on meters then raid healing to the maximum possible potential of your mana pool is the way to do it. That's what he's doing.
    We're not the worlds best burst aoe healers on demand anyway; best to leave that to the monks and such. I hardly ever bother with LoD (on megaera with [ha up and] spamming hs > lod > cs > lod > hr lod > hs lod etc, the monks still raping me) and I use HR as appropriate to build HP if the raid needs it. I hardly ever use DL either, a smart HL saves mana and does the same healing. We excel at is stabilizing the raid ans tanks (through EF's and single target healing)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Ok.

    I've also noticed he occasionally uses some HPS CDs more than you, but its not that big of a gap. On fights where it matters much like Megaera you were tied. What he uses more is just mana CDs, a pot, LoH and sometimes more Divine Pleas.

    I may have been harsh on you in the first post since I thought that was your 2nd Lei Shen kill but there's still no need to sass me when I'm taking time out of my day to try to help you. My points still stand. He casts more stuff than you, or at the very least more expansive stuff that generate more HPS. Holy Light really doesn't do much my friend, its a filler to use in between the real heavyweights of healing. Especially in 25m where HR will hit the full 6 people more often and give you HoPo for doing so. He also uses more mana regen CDs to presumably compensate for that extra mana cost while you just cast efficient heals and fall behind on HPS.

    That may not all be a bad thing. You do have more Beacon heals since Holy Light transfers 100% so you're contributing slightly more to stabilizing the tank's HP. But if you want HPS and to look good on meters then raid healing to the maximum possible potential of your mana pool is the way to do it. That's what he's doing.
    This is more or less the validation I was looking for. My previous post was not meant as sass, only as an elaboration and an explanation of the flaws in your reasoning based solely on that fight. As stated in my OP, I was looking for validation as to whether or not it was my cooldown usage and general lack of ability in 25 man raiding that causes the difference between her and me. I do thank you for taking the time to post and am in no way ungrateful, but I seek information that has a valid and logical premise. I am used to 10 man healing so my Holy Light habits tend to shine and I am trying to work out my 10 man habits.

  10. #10
    I don't heal anymore. Holy Light is very situational in 25, pretty much only when you are healing smooth tank damage imo.

    Here are our logs from last night, we did some heroic and normal 25man

    Heroic Horridon: 9 Holy Lights by 1 Paladin, 3 by the other (12 minute fight)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1012&e=1736

    Normal Council: 2 holy lights (5 minutes)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2662&e=2959

    Heroic Tortos: 0 holy lights (7 minutes, 4 healed)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5925&e=6355

    Heroic Megaera: A bunch of holy light, because of healing single target tank DoT, none cast during other phases.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11197&e=11730

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •