Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I don't really agree with much of any of it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 06:45 PM ----------

Eve is far from the standard MMO. Really quite a stupid comparison honestly. I wouldn't tell anyone that likes WoW or Everquest or Guild Wars or SWtoR to go play Eve. It's irrelevant in this discussion.
    Not only did you completely miss the point, but you also insult my intelligence.

Let be elaborate for a simpleton like you.

Soratrox'es post:
    ''An MMORPG is an MMORPG.
    You can dress it up any way you want, but at the core it's still going to be a bunch of people wandering around a place and killing or picking stuff up, and getting better skills and armor/armaments. ''

Not every MMORPG has to be played like WOW, Aion, Rift and guild wars to name a few. Eve was used as an example of a different type of MMORPG altogether. No rule dictates that the players must form groups to beat bosses, acquire loot in form of personal armor/weapons like the ''standard model''. MMORPGs can and is soon forced to differentiate from the standard model in order to keep the genre going.

MMORPG just means lots of players online + Roleplaying. I challenge you to disprove that EVE is not an MMORPG. For lack of further examples in this identical world of various MMOs where every game released after WOW is just an unpolished and better graphically looking game of WOW.

WOW is simply incapable of ''dressing up'' the game any further. A completely new model is required. Also, enough with swords, magic and bows already and don't call SWTOR, swap the light sabers with swords, guns with bows and force with magic and it's basically another medieval + magic MMORPG with Star Wars lore.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    I know a lot of people dismiss this possibility, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard released a set of Vanilla/BC servers (two or three of each). It is something that a large number of players constantly ask for, and has a large chance of attracting back a decent number of old players who complain that they left because of changes in the game.
    And then a few weeks later the severs would be abandoned because people would realize just how bad Vil and bc realy were. WoW should go forward and NEVER backwards. And yes i played both Vil and BC before you ask.
    Aye mate

My ideas of the selling point would be----------

Level Cap to 95
    Co-Op Brawlers Guild type thing.
    NEW CHARACTER MODELS with Sub Races! or
    New Neutral Race we never seen before
    New Continent
    Dedicated PvP Zone
    More Racial Archaeology.
    1 New Profession(maybe)

It's hard to say. This expansion though they did add new things to spice it up.

Challenge mods.

Pet Battles. (Like it or not they're crazy popular.)

Scenarios, and now adding heroic ones for increased difficulty.

Brawler's Guild

Lore scrolls to learn more about the cultures and history of the land.

New battlegrounds with new mechancis.

Talent system overhaul brought major changes to all classes.

It's not like MoP was just Cata with new zones.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    And then a few weeks later the severs would be abandoned because people would realize just how bad Vil and bc realy were. WoW should go forward and NEVER backwards. And yes i played both Vil and BC before you ask.
    100% agree.

10 new levels

new models

new races

new class

free racechange plus customization at launch once for all characters and choice of keeping old models.

its the 10 year anniversary, so i also expect lots of bruhahas and celebrationals and haberdashers to be had and found within this expansion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Blizzards team, is in constant disorder. Cata and Pandaria are probably their worst titles they release.... and by the great disproval of Diablo 3 it seems they are have a total meltdown in their development teams. Return to Outland would be best imo. But with this group of degenerates that they got working their in Irvine they have absolutely no creativity. I mean WoW was designed off of Warhammer. At least the team didnt deny it when the brought it out to the market. They ened to go back to story develop and basics... and they havent been doing it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by msmone123 View Post
    Blizzards team, is in constant disorder. Cata and Pandaria are probably their worst titles they release.... and by the great disproval of Diablo 3 it seems they are have a total meltdown in their development teams. Return to Outland would be best imo. But with this group of degenerates that they got working their in Irvine they have absolutely no creativity. I mean WoW was designed off of Warhammer. At least the team didnt deny it when the brought it out to the market. They ened to go back to story develop and basics... and they havent been doing it very well.

Wow. You really knocked one out of the park there, slugger. I especially like the part where you bitched about them being uncreative, then saying rehashing Outland is the way to go.

/sarcasm

BC wasn't that great btw.

Kinda hope they push the level cap to 100 just to celebrate the 10th anniversary.

I hope to see more character classes too, even though this expansion would technically follow the 'no new class every 2 expansions' pattern.

I'm not sure if mentioning this is against the rules, but there's a number of very successful private servers out there that try to emulate BC and Vanilla as well as they can, so the demand is very much there.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Bear with me on this, you know when the trailers comes out at Blizzcon and you see some text float over the new video showing some new content and the text lists the main selling point/features of the next expansion. Let's speculate on this but not blindly, although you may, but let's take Blizz's more openness of late and really think about this based on previous, could be fun.

I'm going with this:

*level to 95 in new zone. Going on last year and them quasi listening to everyone these days (when seemingly overwhelming point agreed upon), I do expect it to be TBC II/Outlands II
    *New player models and customisations
    *1 new profession and introduction of 3rd profession choice for all players
    *Massive sky graphics improvements.
    *Path of ancestry - go back and do old dungeons and raids and pay homage to your ancestry and build that side of your character, with challenge modes
    *Massive AH revamp
    *New stat - luck. Might be tied to new profession but not something you can gem or scroll.

Now this seems lackluster to me, I am firmly in the camp that expects this game to be growing and improving at a far greater rate than it is at present, in fact I find the game tediously stagnant at the moment and have cancelled but will probably come back if they make some major improvements and do not just make another token expansion like MOP, which was ok for a bit but largely boring - just my opinion folks, I did have some fun or else would not play. I do expect them to look into the whole alt aspect but what I am looking for is something revolutionary or something to close that social chasm they have made from LFR/LFG etc, which are good but destroy the whole raison d'etre and grounds from which the whole game has been born. *Dramatic Music*

What do you think they will promote for the next expansion?
    Don't forget something pointless with pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    An MMORPG is an MMORPG.
    You can dress it up any way you want, but at the core it's still going to be a bunch of people wandering around a place and killing or picking stuff up, and getting better skills and armor/armaments.
    WoW hasn't been an MMORPG for years now. Theme Park MMO ftl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    blizzard are running out of fresh ideas. For the game makers that broke the mold, and gave us the standard of how mmos are meant to run, what they made as innovation has gotten very old, and anything new they try just doesn't come off new anymore. Also, the things that wow really could use on improvement, they seem incapable of making better.

Sounds harsh, but I think you can agree with most of it.
    i actually dont agree with any of it.
    Nice try, byt i think you are way of the mark.

Dance studio! We will get it the next expansion for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    i dont think rpg means what you think it means

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    Dance studio! We will get it the next expansion for sure!
    with new models coming dance studio is actually more likely than ever
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kruen View Post
    I'm not sure if mentioning this is against the rules, but there's a number of very successful private servers out there that try to emulate BC and Vanilla as well as they can, so the demand is very much there.
    The question then is whether people are willing to pay for these servers instead of playing for free on private servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by msmone123 View Post
    So reaturing to Outlands is your way of beeing creative?
    Well thats just funny

The raids in MoP has been very very good as far as im concerned, and so was the first tier and Firelands in Cata.
    The GAme just keeps getting better and better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Considering that this expansion will be released during the 10th anniversary of the game, those selling points are pretty lackluster.

I'm expecting Blizzard to go all out.

-New models that allow us to have tattoos and be sub races.
    -New class
    -New continent
    -2 new professions
    -New game feature that will redefine how we play WoW.
    -Improved talent system
    -4th specs for each class
    -New mounts
    -Being able to play old raids with revamped graphics and heightened difficulty

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting for WoWs 10th birthday.
    This pretty much sums up what I'm expecting. Their 10th birthday, to me, is a huge selling point. I'm not going to find the blue post, but they have stated that their teams are bigger now, able to do more. Since next year is the year, I suspect that's why they also brought in bigger teams, not just for releasing content faster.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    How is WoW not and MMORPG?

I want a combat system that isnt math based. At this point doing good DPS is just reading stuff online and doing math. I would rather play a game like diablo 2 where you have to aim spells and such. I hate elitists.

Oh I agree completely, Vanilla was awful compared to where we are now.
    But it's just my opinion on what this new reveal might be.