Last edited by Riordrian; 2013-04-24 at 11:39 AM.
Some minor ideas I have had that I think could make it but not in top 7:
- There is something wrong with smelting.. many miners or multi millionaires (such as myself admittedly) roll a miner ONLY for smelting. If blizz is going to continue to allow bots year in and out, there is no point being a miner. But smelting is invaluable. This post is a trap. I know Blizz will read this and I know they will have knowing smile. The rest of you just vote up notion. TY.
- gathering professions. Had a long think about this and I have decided that although predicting there would be 3 professions in next expansion and this seems to have been picked up by many on here, I would like to add this very simple, basic idea: Next expansion sees gathering as secondary profession. Think about it. Would completely change all economies but not because we won't gather. Those that know.. Why does mining have the more important smelting, and herbs has the .. nothing. This is where i think the new profession will come in but hope not. (I predicted there would be something with herbs coming like prospecting)
- The heirloom wardrobe - trophy cabinet This should have happened long ago. Essentially, there is an extra pane in the game where you can consult your Heirloom collection and you can now do this from any character in your realm and you can select a piece to wear. No more sending heirlooms, it's now part of some trophy cabinet. NO charge for equip. You can't mix transmog with this this yet.. But something that is being looked into.
- Item squish. Has to happen now. Seems so trivial and not something to postulate for too long but believe me, blizz have a tough job with this..
What I think they will carry on with and which was new/experiment in mop:
-rare world boss - isle of thunder (that was really bad, so soulless, if they do with old world.. ugh this could be terrible). Please no for old zones.
-farm, very big success (no borat gif) - will be added upon, much welcome but blizz, fishing like the farm, you are welcome..
Not much more than that. I hated WOTLK for strict reason, they made incredibly, undeniable beautiful beautiful landscapes and scenarios with perfect music then made you stand in Dalaran for 2 years. This is a video game crime. And now they got away with it? Do contact them to let them know. Thanks.
Last point for me for now, please bring back talent trees. The current situation would work with DIII, but WOW? It's really bad, Blizzard we are all striving for some individuality, why are you making us all the same and the same time making us not be with each other in game, unless anonymously?
Many could respond to this and say quit if you don't like it and others realise that the game was better before, but what would be truly epic (and hope blizz see it) is that to mix old and new would be amazing but you have to understand what this means.
Well it's pretty much a given that new player models are coming but I do think they will go one step further that will make an even bigger difference despite not being anticipated, and that is sky changes.
Playable nerubians and I'm playing wow until the day I (or the game) die.
Alright. The ones I bold are ones I am 75%+ certain of. Italicized ones I do think will happen but am not sure enough to bold. Others are just hopes/desires.
1. Level cap 95
2. New continent will be another planet or moon of Azeroth.
3. Legion makes a push against Azeroth and we repel them before taking the fight to them.
4. New Alliance Race - Broken. New Horde Race - Ogre.
5. New Player Models.
6. Guild bases.
7. Legacy System.
Bonus #8. Talent System expanded to 9 tiers.
---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 04:28 PM ----------
Which also means all out will never happen again. They're going for a steady content rate, not one that spikes and pits.
"I quit WoW."
If I say it's Azshara next enough times, eventually I'll be right. So here we go again. It's got to be Azshara next, so get ready for the Sylvanas expansion we inevitably get instead!
why exactly would the auction house need to be revamped?
long live the sin'dorei race! death to the draenei mongrels!
[QUOTE=Soratrox;20919256]People seem to think that the entire might of the burning legion just hangs out on Argus standing around doing nothing. Remember that the legion is an invasion force, they have forces and resources deployed on hundreds, maybe thousands of worlds fighting to take them over. In comparison the amount of legion forces actually stationed on Argus is probably relatively slim. [quote]
And with portals, those offensive forces are seconds away.
Time and Time being.....never. No force on Azeroth has ever crushed a Legion offensive. The Night Elf Empire tried and was beaten back. The Night Elf Empire tried with help from the Tauren and Earthen and demigods - and was beaten back. An avatar of Sargeras was killed....as part of his plan. Kiljaeden was defeated because he was using most of his power to hold open the Sunwell.Also consider that time and time again, Azeroth has crushed the legion offensive.
The Legion has been defeated. It has been defeated on Azeroth and Outlands. But only once has it sent an army and that army was defeated when Malfurion destroyed the Portal and lucked out when they were dragged back into it. And that was done at the cost of most of the continental landmass.
Barring plot armor? No. They couldn't. Not as they are now. It will take a lot more than Azeroth, even united, to take on the Burning Legion.Do you really think the allied Alliance/Horde offensive backed by the dragon flights, and Naaru couldn't lead a successful assault on Argus?
Being able to downscale yourself.. for example to do old raids. This removes the need for the oh-so-much-crying "vanilla-tbc servers". Just like PvP will be in 5.3 (ilvl 496 max, iir). (I'm prolly gonna get flaameeedddd)
2 are right, 1 is close. the rest, no.
If Diablo 3 and even Heart of the Swarm show anything, it's that innovation is lacking at Blizzard.
WoW has been stagnant and boring for years now and it's obvious all the creative heart has gone away from blizzard to other companies.
WoW was a great game in its day just like Doom, Quake, and Morrowind, but it's time to move on really.
None of my friends from WoW still play, I don't think that many people even have subs any more, it's just that those who do still think WoW is what everyone plays when very few actually play it now.
Oh cool. We're making our own fancylists?
-Blood Elves and Draenei can now pledge themselves to either faction, along with a fancy-dancy story like Worgen/Goblins/Pandaren have
-Revamped TBC and WotLK zones
Revamped character models including subraces
-Revamped Heroic system+downscaling, heroics are removed, instead the random queue can put you in any dungeon at or below your level, and will push your level and stats down to match
-Greatly expanded character customization, with an embellished Talent system, Glyph system, a revamped version of Path of the Titans(Ancient Power) which develops for level 60+ players, and a new 'trait' system which replaces trinkets and racials
If we're sticking to 7; if we have more I'll take a profession system revamp for $200 Alex.
If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.
CRZ as option, that can be turned off.
It is very easy to read between the lines and predict a few. Blizzard has been teasing for a long time now.
- At least a couple of new race models. A slight possibility for all races to be updated over the course of the expansion, but Blizzard knows that they are sitting on a marketing goldmine so I wouldn't put it past them to spread the love over a couple of expansions.
- Transmogrification rules loosened a bit, but again not entirely. For example I think it will take Blizzard at least a couple of expansions to allow legendaries to be transmoggable.
I would bet my house on these two.
I'm looking forward to the next expansion. But hopefully it'll be as standard as MOP, and better than Cata...