Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

skip ji-kun trash fixed?

A guildie reports that in LFR he can no longer jump up on the first skeleton and walk the ledge into ji-kun's room. He says he can get up on the ledge but that invariably when he tries to walk along the ledge he gets knocked back/off.

Can anyone confirm that this "clever" use of game mechanics still works / has been fixed?

I jumped down the waterfall a few hours ago, so it ain't fixed on EU at least, and I hope it wont anytime soon :-P

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nooooooo

Please tell me it isn't true.

Deleted
    God I hope so. I hate getting kicked from LFR because I can't find that one sweet spot, and people are too lazy to clear trash. Much easier to kick the healer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    God I hope so. I hate getting kicked from LFR because I can't find that one sweet spot, and people are too lazy to clear trash. Much easier to kick the healer
    It's not about finding some sweet spot, it's about backing sideways down the waterfall, if you can't manage that I can only assume that they made the right choice:P.

it's entirely possible that the guild-mate in question is simply bad and didn't know what he was doing. Just curious if anyone else has noticed a change or can confirm that it's still working after reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    It's not about finding some sweet spot, it's about backing sideways down the waterfall, if you can't manage that I can only assume that they made the right choice:P.
    The one I got kicked from earlier today, involved the ledge and 5 minutes of "just walk into the wall you dumbass" (which I tried at every concievable angle, backwards and forwards, running and walking). Wasn't made any easier by the fact that someone had pulled a Gastropod and not bothered to kill it, so it had to be kited around every time I got punted off.

Skipping trash by platforming in random groups is just the most annoying terrible thing ever.

Pulling the boss should just pull the whole hallway of trash. Problem solved.

It is not fixed. Did it on Heroic and LFR tonight.

What is this ?
    Since I am not aware of this, can you show a screenshot to explain? Would be very appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    As someone who's never even seen such a thing attempted in either guild runs or several weeks of LFR with two toons, I don't particularly feel this is the correct attitude to take...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Skipping trash by platforming in random groups is just the most annoying terrible thing ever.

Pulling the boss should just pull the whole hallway of trash. Problem solved.
    That gastropod gauntlet along with the millions of trash before Horridon and not to mention Dark Animus' ones are among the most god awful non-content wastes of time in a raid instance EVER.
    20% of those numbers would've been more than enough to make the "content" last longer.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Why is there even trash in LFR? Its bad enough i have to wait 30 mins to an hour as a dps, but then i have to tolerate trash that DOES NOT DROP ANYTHING...unlike normal and heroic.

Might as well get in -> roll on loot -> leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Why is there even trash in LFR? Its bad enough i have to wait 30 mins to an hour as a dps, but then i have to tolerate trash that DOES NOT DROP ANYTHING...unlike normal and heroic.
    What?
    Please... Just stop right there.
    Stop playing.

If you can even complain about something as little as that, just stop.
    You're obviously not enjoying the game if you can get mad over trash not dropping.

Not fixed, you can still skip the trash.

Where do you do that to skip? I've tried jumping down the waterfall before at an angle it just DC-spammed me until I got the leader to kick me so it ported me out. :/

Deleted
    Does it even drop anything in normal mode?
    I'm serious... Our group has never even seen a single trash drop in this instance that wasn't a green world drop.......

Deleted
    Did it literally 10 seconds ago. Still works.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I'm serious... Our group has never even seen a single trash drop in this instance that wasn't a green world drop.......
    We've seen like 3 boots, 5 belts, a couple of necks. One HPala item was Thunderforged, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Was doing 10man normal one night a few weeks ago and had 3 522's drop from trash between the start and up to 5th boss, so it appears it drops in normal. Done lots of runs before and after that though with no drops at all.