Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    OK, so can someone explain exactly how this works?

Jump down the waterfall? Jump up on the first skeleton? Walk the ledge into jikun's room?

As I recall, after Megaera you climb up a dirt tunnel and get into an area that looks like a storm drain. There is a steep upward slope to the right with a waterfall down the center, and some rubble to your left. You can see Jikun's room through a gap ahead of you. What you seem to be saying is that there is a way to get into Jikun's room from this spot. Am I correct?

Still working on US as of 7 minutes ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

If people would just not step on all the crap along the way, it is a lot faster.

Problem is ... people cannot walk without tripping over their own feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Why is there even trash in LFR? Its bad enough i have to wait 30 mins to an hour as a dps, but then i have to tolerate trash that DOES NOT DROP ANYTHING...unlike normal and heroic.
    I have to agree with this. We should be able to just walk into the instance, aproach vendotron-9000 and have loot dispensed. In fact, I find the whole leveling thing boring, and dailies are boring. As soon as we create a character, there should be a button you press that levels you to 90 and kits your character out in the best available gear. Then it ports you to the latest capital city so you can stand around and show off how bad ass you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    I have to agree with this. We should be able to just walk into the instance, aproach vendotron-9000 and have loot dispensed. In fact, I find the whole leveling thing boring, and dailies are boring. As soon as we create a character, there should be a button you press that levels you to 90 and kits your character out in the best available gear. Then it ports you to the latest capital city so you can stand around and show off how bad ass you are.
    I lol'd =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    OK, so can someone explain exactly how this works?

Jump down the waterfall? Jump up on the first skeleton? Walk the ledge into jikun's room?

As I recall, after Megaera you climb up a dirt tunnel and get into an area that looks like a storm drain. There is a steep upward slope to the right with a waterfall down the center, and some rubble to your left. You can see Jikun's room through a gap ahead of you. What you seem to be saying is that there is a way to get into Jikun's room from this spot. Am I correct?
    To quote myself:
    It's not about finding some sweet spot, it's about backing sideways down the waterfall
    You don't want to jump or run out from the waterfall, you want to back down from it sideways to ensure that you fall down as close to the waterfall as possible. You will then get thrown up on ji-kuns platform.

Worth noting that this took me less than a minute to figure out after hearing that there was a bug with the waterfall, it's really easy to do, not a specific spot or angle required.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    You don't want to jump or run out from the waterfall, you want to back down from it sideways to ensure that you fall down as close to the waterfall as possible. You will then get thrown up on ji-kuns platform.

Worth noting that this took me less than a minute to figure out after hearing that there was a bug with the waterfall, it's really easy to do, not a specific spot or angle required.
    Oh, so from the entrance to the room, you spin around, then back up or strafe into the Jikun room?

Blizzard creates TOC, a raid with no trash.

Reaction: "OMG this is the worst raid ever! You just walk in and fight bosses!"

Blizzard puts trash in raid.

Reaction: "OMG, trash in raid is pointless! Get rid of it!"

Deleted
    Oh, so from the entrance to the room, you spin around, then back up or strafe into the Jikun room?
    A picture says more than a thousand words, or something like that (forgive my drawing skills, on a touchpad). Basically you walk backwards in the direction/line the red arrow is pointing out. The blue line is obviously the waterfall. The point is that you want to have as little velocity away from the waterfall/fall down as close to it as possible.

<snip>

Warning: Please don't post pictures of exploits. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-04-28 at 08:18 AM.

Beautiful, thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Blizzard creates TOC, a raid with no trash.

Reaction: "OMG this is the worst raid ever! You just walk in and fight bosses!"

Blizzard puts trash in raid.

Reaction: "OMG, trash in raid is pointless! Get rid of it!"
    I loved ToC. Boss, boss, boss, boss, new room, boss, done for the night. Lore supported the way it worked. Faction champs was super fun, plus it made it new every week.

If they could have just put each boss in a different environment, I don't think people would have complained as much. Have a Gnomish teleportation device that moves the arena all over Northrend or something, people mostly complained about sitting in the same room all night long.

Trash just artificially extends the raid length, once you know what to do its just a time sink until the next boss. The amount and "difficutly" of some of the trash in ToT just really hurts the raid when people need to afk for real life issues between bosses. (plus I'm a little bitter because we have only seen one trash drop this tier)
    Last edited by dkdk; 2013-04-24 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    If people would just not step on all the crap along the way, it is a lot faster.

Problem is ... people cannot walk without tripping over their own feet.
    It's funny when I'm on my rogue and see all of these skeletons filled with waiting monsters.

We were able to get this to work tonight, mostly. We found that everyone was able to do this except the 2 Draenei in our raid, they couldn't get around the corner thing. Seemed to be a size/hitbox problem. I imagine some horde races might have a similar problem.

As a workaround, we got everyone else to make the jump. We then had someone jump down to the Ji-Kun nest closest to the waterfall that you jump from. The 2 draenei then killed themselves with a Bore Worm and we were able to mass rez them from the nest.

that schema is not how i do it hmm, i just jump from the stairs, stafe to the water to get behind the normal way to ji'kun wall and jump into the cavity. Nothing to do with the waterfall. So yeah, I go "behind the wall". So ugliest laptop schema done:

<snip>

Go in middle of stairs on the round end, speed boost and jump accros on the edge of the wall beyond where there is a part to block you, make sure you hug the wall and go behind that wall and jump down in the cavity behind the wall. Hugging the wall is the key.

Sorry for very bad touch pad schema, really have no skill to draw without a mouse lol.

I'm a pandaren, so size doesn't matter, you just need a speed boost.. did it with body and soul, or speed of light on my paladin.

Warning: Please don't post pictures of exploits. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-04-28 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

I'm a pandaren, so size doesn't matter, you just need a speed boost.. did it with body and soul, or speed of light on my paladin.
    I can confirm that size does matter. My character is a Pandaren, and I am able to do it no problem. One of my roomates plays a male Draenei, and when I made fun of him for fucking it up, I went to his PC and wasn't able to do it to save my life. I am able to get onto the ledge, but when I try to hug the wall and round the corner, it kicks me back to the sewer area before I get to the corner. I know I'm doing it right because I can do it without fail on my character. And the only other person in my raid who also wasn't able to do it was a male Draenei as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    I can confirm that size does matter. My character is a Pandaren, and I am able to do it no problem. One of my roomates plays a male Draenei, and when I made fun of him for fucking it up, I went to his PC and wasn't able to do it to save my life. I am able to get onto the ledge, but when I try to hug the wall and round the corner, it kicks me back to the sewer area before I get to the corner. I know I'm doing it right because I can do it without fail on my character. And the only other person in my raid who also wasn't able to do it was a male Draenei as well.
    Funny thing is that pandas are bigger than draenei... they seemed to reduce their size with MoP, for some reason.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Uhm, while it does look tempting to do this I'm gonna pass because it looks like a duck (exploit), quacks like a duck, and therefore in Blizzard's eyes it will be a duck.

MALE DRAENEI ! Love them! Social experiment: Does he often feel an urge to backpaddle?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    That gastropod gauntlet along with the millions of trash before Horridon and not to mention Dark Animus' ones are among the most god awful non-content wastes of time in a raid instance EVER.
    20% of those numbers would've been more than enough to make the "content" last longer.
    What's wrong with the Dark Animus trash? It's like 2+6 mobs or something. In 10m it might be a little tricky to separate the long range from the short range casters without multiple taunts, misdirection etc., but after that they're a piece of cake.

I don't see the advantage, if one person fucks it up you're waiting 15 minutes for them to stop chain-dcing at which point you'd have been faster to simply clear the trash properly. People in LFR can't navigate the easy-mode durumu maze without dying, how the *bleep* do you expect them to pull the ji'kun jump off?