Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    God this makes me so angry.. if anything I would want the church to personally go and tell these people that hell is too good for them. I mean, they say these "people" arent a danger to society, but if they raise kids with those values then that disease spreads to further generations.
    It's too late man, too late. The Fail Humans breeded. Who knows what happens.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Did they spend some time choosing the photographs so they would represent the pair as degenerates, I wonder.
    they ARE degenerates. they're fucking morons that, if it were up to me, would just be put to death. they're useless, burdens on existence. their other kids need a better place to live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    This mentality baffles me. Have they never stopped and thought "hey, god probably has a lot on his plate, trying to run the universe and all. Maybe, instead of demanding that he stop everything and fix my problems, I can just take the damn pills!"
    This is still a retarded mentality, but at least it's more of a realistic one, towards the idea of the existence of a deity. Unfortunately, a lot of humans think they are the core of the universe. Of course they are on God's plate, in their tiny little skulls. In the center of it even.

Did they spend some time choosing the photographs so they would represent the pair as degenerates, I wonder.
    I'll take a wild guess that they're the mug shots from either the first or second arrest. We can't all take mug shots like Bill Gates.

A Man is stranded on a floating shipwreck, so he prays for God to save him. As luck would have it a sailing boat comes by and the captain shouts to him "do you need any help?!" The Man replies, "No thanks, God will save me" and the sailing boat moves on. A few more days pass and a fishing trawler passes the wreck and the crew shouts to him "Do you need any help?!" The Man again replies, "No thank you, God will save me!" More time passes and eventually the Man, from exhaustion and dehydration passes away. When entering Heaven he meets God and asks him "God, I prayed for help, why didn't you save me?" God replies, "You jackass, I sent you two ships!"
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Another reason why I firmly believe that children should be protected from religion until they are old enough to deiced what religion they wish to follow or if they want to follow a religion at all without any external pressure from family.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    This is still a retarded mentality, but at least it's more of a realistic one, towards the idea of the existence of a deity. Unfortunately, a lot of humans think they are the core of the universe. Of course they are on God's plate, in their tiny little skulls. In the center of it even.
    You are aware that you're saying that a theoretically omnipotent being that exists outside the normal bounds of time and space has a full schedule. Not exactly outlandish to assume a being like that could do whatever he wants if you're going to assume it exists in the first place.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    I don't honestly see the point to bashing people like this. The whole story is just tragic in so many ways.

I like how my friend summed it up.

The got probation for their first offense, but their child got a death sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't honestly see the point to bashing people like this. The whole story is just tragic in so many ways.
    Couple kills two children out of irrationality and neglect.

Brothers kill 1 child, two adults, out of irrationality and aggressiveness.

Why is the former less worthy of bashing than the latter?

I think the "couple kills children on two separate occasions out of irrationality and neglect" does just fine at representing them as degenerates without the visual aids.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    You are aware that you're saying that a theoretically omnipotent being that exists outside the normal bounds of time and space has a full schedule. Not exactly outlandish to assume a being like that could do whatever he wants if you're going to assume it exists in the first place.
    I am aware of that. People who came up with it/believe in it are not.

But he wont. Because something something free will and something something original sin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    A Man is stranded on a floating shipwreck, so he prays for God to save him. As luck would have it a sailing boat comes by and the captain shouts to him "do you need any help?!" The Man replies, "No thanks, God will save me" and the sailing boat moves on. A few more days pass and a fishing trawler passes the wreck and the crew shouts to him "Do you need any help?!" The Man again replies, "No thank you, God will save me!" More time passes and eventually the Man, from exhaustion and dehydration passes away. When entering Heaven he meets God and asks him "God, I prayed for help, why didn't you save me?" God replies, "You jackass, I sent you two ships!"
    Ha that was cute. I liked it.

On topic, this couple has serious mental issues. What, one death wasn't enough?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    How do people not know medicine is god answering prayers?
    Because that would be like thanking the guy beating the hell out of you for taking a break because you asked nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand, it's also rather ridiculous to assume that god should fix all of your problems for you. It's like the saying about teaching a man to fish. In this scenario, god taught man how to fish, and these people assumed that fishing was sacred and that humans aren't allowed to do it.

Even the most religious among us are going to look at this and go "the fuck is wrong with these people?"

Indeed - black or white mentality - no religious group really 100% advocates against medicine - the problem is people are so misinformed about their OWN faith that they believe that giving their child medicine is "giving into satan" cause its science.....

10 years for breaking the probation is far to light, should be 10 years and a murder charge on top of it. Also I hope the children never have to see their parents again, I can only hope their not old enough to have been totally brainwashed already.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tragedy is something terrible that happens despite our best efforts. This was criminal neglect leading to a death. TWICE. I'll damn well bash these evil people.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Ha that was cute. I liked it.

On topic, this couple has serious mental issues. What, one death wasn't enough?
    Never underestimate faith-based stupidity
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Doesn't this mean that, to them, God killed their children? If I were them I'd look for a new god.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem here is that this couple truly believes that the fate of their child is in god and god's hands alone. Going to a hospital or taking medicine would be showing a lack of faith. And the fact that the child died was god's will.

The judge summed it up best when he said they aren't a danger to society, but they are a danger to their children.

I'm glad the remaining 7 children were taken away from them. Clearly they are too entrenched in their faith to be allowed to make responsible decisions for their children. I can only hope they do not have any more in the future.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Since I doubt most people read the entire article, I'm going to throw this in here as well.

A neighbor of the Schaibles who did not want his name published said Herbert and Catherine Schaible are decent people who raise great kids. They just have one flaw.

"The only thing I can say bad about them is they never took them to the hospital," the man said. "They have one flaw, and this one flaw should make them go to jail."