Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I loathe these situations but I will repeat the order ten times if I have to in order to ensure the correct piece is crafted. But as mentioned, if the person asks for something and I craft it, then the person says "oops, I actually wanted this instead," it's that person's fault. I've been nice on a couple occasions with simple JC cuts to just resupply with a new gem. Not the same thing when talking about gear that has materials costing thousands of gold.

The OP specifically asked the guy to make haste/mastery the crafter fucked up and made haste/hit like what else do you need?
    Boy, the English language is a fickle beast. Try reading it again dude. He says he asked for Craft A not realizing Craft B was a better option instead. OP should not have said that the other player crafted the wrong item when it was the OP himself that requested the incorrect item to begin with.

Tawney, you really need to get back and edit your original post to be much more clear. You've left out some tidbits of information that are necessary to prevent this confusion from taking place to being with.
    Last edited by jettzypher; 2013-04-24 at 12:41 AM.

I have made the wrong item for someone once and I felt terrible. I gathered the correct mats and made the right item. Ended up selling the incorrect item for a small loss over all.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Boy, the English language is a fickle beast. Try reading it again dude. He says he asked for Craft A not realizing Craft B was a better option instead. OP should not have said that the other player crafted the wrong item when it was the OP himself that requested the incorrect item to begin with.

Tawney, you really need to get back and edit your original post to be much more clear. You've left out some tidbits of information that are necessary to prevent this confusion from taking place to being with.
    Nowhere in that post does he say he wanted the other type of boots. Here is what he says:

Quote Originally Posted by tawney View Post
    I tell the blacksmith I need the haste/mast plate boots not realizing there are also hit/mast boots. BS makes the wrong boots and im left with a huge mistake.
    He says he wanted the haste/mastery boots but got the hit/mastery ones. He says it happened because he didnt know there were 2 types of similar boots.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-04-24 at 01:30 AM.

I've fucked up before and crafted the wrong item. Twice. In both cases I made a ticket & stated the problem, in both cases the mats were refunded within 24 hrs, so I could re-craft the correct one.
    Sucks for the ones who had to wait for the items though... <.<

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Nowhere in that post does he say he wanted the other type of boots. Here is what he says:
    And he tried to correct me -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    Don't I know it. The number of times people have asked me for "the Stam enchant" or suchlike. Such a pain trying to decipher what the heck they mean. *facepalm*
    It is primarily this reason alone why I stopped JC/Ench/Crafting services a long time ago. I just do not have the energy to deal with people that are not intelligent enough to link what they want and/or know the name of what they want.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 08:36 PM ----------

He says he wanted the haste/mastery boots but got the hit/mastery ones. He says it happened because he didnt know there were 2 types of similar boots.

You must not work with people who don't make sense on a regular basis. To clarify the message the OP is trying to convey:

He asks for haste/mastery boots, the BS makes the haste/mastery boots. An honest transaction. Later the OP finds there are hit/mastery craftable boots that he would have rather wanted. So now he's bummed because he had the BS make the wrong boots.

It's obvious that a ticket could be created if the BS made the wrong item. The OP is questioning if a ticket could be made because he made the mistake in telling the BS to craft the wrong item "not realizing" there were other boots with better stats available.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-04-24 at 01:43 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    The OP specifically asked the guy to make haste/mastery the crafter fucked up and made haste/hit like what else do you need?
    no, the OP asked the guy to make haste/mastery the crafter made haste/mastery and completed the transaction

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You must not work with people who don't make sense on a regular basis. To clarify the message the OP is trying to convey:

He asks for haste/mastery boots, the BS makes the haste/mastery boots. An honest transaction. Later the OP finds there are hit/mastery craftable boots that he would have rather wanted. So now he's bummed because he had the BS make the wrong boots.

It's obvious that a ticket could be created if the BS made the wrong item. The OP is questioning if a ticket could be made because he made the mistake in telling the BS to craft the wrong item "not realizing" there were other boots with better stats available.
    You are misinterpreting what he said and putting your own words in his mouth. From his first post, he did not get the boots he asked for saying he got the "wrong" boots. Hes asking if he can get a GM to restore the mats because he doesnt know that a GM could restore the mats in a case of crafting the wrong item(not obvious), i.e. not the one he asked for.

Thats is the interpretation of his post using only what he has said and not any extra information you think he left out. He only says he asked for the haste/mastery boots, got the wrong ones, and asks if he can get a GM to fix it. He never says he wanted the other type of boots.

If someones post isnt clear to you, you should ask for a calcification and not assume hes saying things he didnt say to fit what you think he said.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    From his first post, he did not get the boots he asked for saying he got the "wrong" boots.
    He did get the boots he asked for, not realizing there were also hit/mastery

You are misinterpreting what he said and putting your own words in his mouth. From his first post, he did not get the boots he asked for saying he got the "wrong" boots. Hes asking if he can get a GM to restore the mats because he doesnt know that a GM could restore the mats in a case of crafting the wrong item(not obvious), i.e. not the one he asked for.

Thats is the interpretation of his post using only what he has said and not any extra information you think he left out. He only says he asked for the haste/mastery boots, got the wrong ones, and asks if he can get a GM to fix it. He never says he wanted the other type of boots.

If someones post isnt clear to you, you should ask for a calcification and not assume hes saying things he didnt say to fit what you think he said.

His post is pretty clear to me, and to a few other posters here, but I guess only the OP can set us straight.

I haven't had the wrong item made for me but I have made the wrong item for someone else. They didn't rage or anything at me because I reimbursed them with the actual item and gave them their gold back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    He did get the boots he asked for, not realizing there were also hit/mastery
    Since he says he asked for the haste boots and then "BS makes the wrong boots," it clearly means the BS did not make the boots he asked for. Otherwise he would have said "I had the wrong boots made" or "I asked for the wrong boots." That might have been what he meant but its not what he said and there is nothing he says that implies he means anything other than what he said.

His post is pretty clear to me, and to a few other posters here, but I guess only the OP can set us straight.
    At least as people think he says the BS made the other pair of boots and not the ones he asked for. Either way he sold the boots he got and can now get the right ones made.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-04-24 at 02:16 AM.

Yeah I don't know where everyone is getting the "He asked for Haste/Mastery and got Haste/Mastery." He wanted Haste/Mastery boots, but didn't realize the BS could also craft Hit/Mastery ones. Im guessing the BS didn't look closely resulting in the Hit/Mastery ones being crafted, the ones he didn't want( IE: "BS crafted the wrong ones"). So this is no fault of his own that the wrong ones got crafted by the BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had someone do it to me, twice total if I remember correctly. Personally, when someone asks me to make something, I ask them TWICE what the want, and quadruple check (link it, etc) with them to make damned sure. Most of the time it annoys the shit out of them, but I have never ever crafted the wrong item.

Back when portals required mats, I used to do the same thing for that. I'd check and double check that which portal they wanted, and then off they went. I honestly don't give a shit if it annoys someone, it is infinitely better than the alternative - which is exactly what happened to the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    Yeah I don't know where everyone is getting the "He asked for Haste/Mastery and got Haste/Mastery." He wanted Haste/Mastery boots, but didn't realize the BS could also craft Hit/Mastery ones. Im guessing the BS didn't look closely resulting in the Hit/Mastery ones being crafted, the ones he didn't want( IE: "BS crafted the wrong ones"). So this is no fault of his own that the wrong ones got crafted by the BS.
    The BS probably hasdnt discovered both boot patterns yet and just made the one that he could. Since haste and hit start with the same letter and mastery is on both it would be pretty easy to not realize you arent making the right boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    I made the wrong epic for someone once in Cata, just swallowed the cost and bought mats to make the right one, and sold the mistakenly made epic.
    I lost a little money, but not much, and in the end it was my fault for not being careful.
    I've done the same before. I'm not hurting for gold so had no issue correcting my mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have all professions but 2, which my guild covers so I never have anything crafted.

I have, however, been the one to craft the wrong one. Paid for it out of pocket, I felt so bad. Ever since then, this was years ago, I ask at least 3 times if <item> is the one they want, and include links and then ask once more and THEN craft. So paranoid.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Since he says he asked for the haste boots and then "BS makes the wrong boots," it clearly means the BS did not make the boots he asked for.
    I'm going to quote the OP, bolding the key part where it starts to confuse everyone. I will also add a missing comma, because I believe it is part of the reason so many people are misunderstanding the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by tawney View Post
    I tell the blacksmith I need the haste/mast plate boots, not realizing there are also hit/mast boots. BS makes the wrong boots...
    He told the BS to make the haste/mastery boots, not realizing (the OP) that there were also hit/mastery boots available. The BS made the correct boots (the BS made the what the OP asked for), but the BS made the "wrong boots", in that they were not the hit/mastery.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-04-24 at 02:40 AM.

This is just too damn silly...
    Last edited by jettzypher; 2013-04-24 at 03:22 AM.

He told the BS to make the haste/mastery boots, not realizing (the OP) that there were also hit/mastery boots available. The BS made the correct boots (the BS made the what the OP asked for), but the BS made the "wrong boots", in that they were not the hit/mastery.
    Not realizing that there are another set of boots does not mean he wanted those boots instead. That is an interpretation you are adding to what was said but is not literally in the sentence.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 03:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Are you completely unaware of proper grammar? I'd be inclined to think the BS made the mistake if the OP phrased his sentence like this:

The damn sentence starts off with "I need the haste/mast plate boots." Then follows it by saying "... not realizing there are also ..." This is a pretty blunt clue that he got exactly what he asked for, but he realized all too late that there was something else that was better.
    Your change of the OPs post doesnt make sense. How can haste/mastery boots also be hit/mastery boots? What the OP said was correct grammar, what you said is impossible. Its pretty clear when the OP says that he asked for a certain pair of boots(I" tell the BS I need") and then the crafter made the wrong boots, that the crafter did not make the boots he asked for. The only thing that can be validly implied from the OPs post is that by not realizing there were another pair of boots very similar to the ones he wanted, he didnt realize he had to be more specific to the crafter which exact boots he wanted.