Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Charges against Ricin suspect dropped... suspect was seemingly framed.

What is definetly an interesting turn of events, the charges against Paul Kevin Curtis involving sending out Ricin-laced letters to several politicians, including Barak Obama, were dropped - stating that new evidence proves he's innocent and that somebody else used his information to set him up. They're currently back on the hunt again...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/23/us/ric...html?hpt=hp_t1

The attorney for Paul Kevin Curtis told reporters Tuesday that federal authorities are looking at another suspect in connection with ricin-laden letters sent to President Barack Obama and others. Charges against Curtis were dismissed Tuesday by a U.S. Attorney, who said "new information" has been uncovered. Curtis told reporters Tuesday that he wants to "get back to being normal."
    I'm curious to see how this ends up and who REALLY sent the stuff!

EDIT: Update - April 27th
    Sounds like they got a new guy in custody, James Everett Dutschke.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/27/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1

Only connection between the two guys, so far, is that James apparently has previously worked for Paul's brother a year ago. /shrug
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-04-27 at 11:15 PM.

Clearly it was John Mccaine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense. Can people from Mississippi even write letters?!

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-04-23 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Of course they can, I once knew a man from Mississippi that knew the entire alphabet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Of course they can, I once knew a man from Mississippi that knew the entire alphabet!
    I hope they voted that man Governor.

Someone get Rich his pills, hes seeing things again!

Ha that was a good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.xstend.com/07607bea.jpg

In all honestly though . . . really? Framed? Then who did it?

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-04-23 at 11:19 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the thing is someone from Mississippi only knows as many letters of the alphabet as they have teeth. Letter retention and tooth ratio are in direct correlation here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please refrain from region bashing, it is just as bad as nation bashing

This is a pretty big deal. I feel like we should have more to say about it than shitting on Mississippi. I don't really know what though - I guess I hope the real perp gets caught, but not much else to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I can't say anything bad about Mississippi, I'll just say....hurray for justice!
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Too bad since the dude's name was revealed he will forever have to carry around the stigma of it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Innocent until proven guilty.. well that means when mass media says they are guilty.
    Suspect =/= guilty.

We will never know. The data will probably remain secret. Or by the time someone posts them, people have forgotten. Not sure what you can discuss about this subject

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    What is definetly an interesting turn of events, the charges against Paul Kevin Curtis involving sending out Ricin-laced letters to several politicians, including Barak Obama, were dropped - stating that new evidence proves he's innocent and that somebody else used his information to set him up. They're currently back on the hunt again...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/23/us/ric...html?hpt=hp_t1

I'm curious to see how this ends up and who REALLY sent the stuff!
    Id be looking at the post office, if you have their stamper thing you could mail letters from anywhere in the world and just put his name on the envelope.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually knew a guy who knows that guy. Kinda weird>.>
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Man look at all the mods being wet blankets again. They're pretty good jokes. You should learn to like them.
    Inb4 power abusing mod ragebans me

Do they have motives for this guy sending out these letters? Was there anything inside of the letters or just the poison.
    Talk to the mods about it then. From what I can guess it was likely some crazy political extremeist. That's my unofficial theory.

Officially I haven't heart anything.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Talk to the mods about it then. From what I can guess it was likely some crazy political extremeist. That's my unofficial theory.

Officially I haven't heart anything.
    </3 Awwwwwww.... =(

He had resources to fight it. Some of us would have gotten a trip to prison due to lack of money for defense.

A bit sad how pictures of suspects are shown in the media, even though they pose no threat (already in custody), and later turn out innocent.
    Maybe media should use the same common sense they do with children suspects - and suppress that info, until they are found guilty.

Of course if police needs help finding suspect, that's a bit of another story, but if a suspect is already in custody, I see it as irresponsible to show their picture+name if they haven't been convicted yet.