Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "I'm not against gays.. I just dont think they should marry"

Picking and choosing acceptance now are we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Animals with 5 legs tells us what? When were dealing with such small percentages its hard to put all your eggs in that basket.
    Five legs doesn't occur in relatively consistent proportions across populations. Homosexuality does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    A bisexual might, but the truth about bisexuality is that you're dealing with sexual compulsives that don't care where the gratification is coming from.
    That's nonsense. There's a wide spectrum of human sexuality, even among people that self-identify as bisexual. I self-identify as bi, yet there's no possible definition why which I could be called a "sexual compulsive that do[esn]'t care where the gratification is coming from. I've got very, very specific preferences, most of them in women, and I'm not particularly promiscuous. Bisexuality is just attraction to both males and females, it doesn't say anything else about an individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    "I'm not against gays.. I just dont think they should marry"

Picking and choosing acceptance now are we?
    No, just who the Constitution applies to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i now understand the moderation here. Its a seperate topic and doesnt get merged when you are for it, it gets merged when your not.

No need to debate this guys. Notice the threads the support it arent merged. That was my point, have a good evening. Btw, you will be bant for disagreeing, they will find something eventually, dont waste your time
    Counter theory; You're not as clever as you think you are, and the mods saw right through it.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Animals with 5 legs tells us what? When were dealing with such small percentages its hard to put all your eggs in that basket.
    Animals with 5 legs tell us that 5 legs occur naturally. I don't think you've made a point that you think you made.

This thread kinda follow that trend if you are against the majority you are seen as a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I suppose you've sorted throughout all of the ''garbage'' and therefore you had sources to back your claims, but it seems like you don't.

You're the one who said it's a garbage notion that it is a choice, so you know, it'd only be logical for YOU to prove it why it is garbage.
    Asking for a simple study on it isn't much, is it?

as I said, it's not that I even doubt you, I just want a compelling argument.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 11:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    This thread kinda follow that trend if you are against the majority you are seen as a monster.
    It does because that's exactly what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW forums do the same.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So this threads business as usual then.

A subject on homosexuality it opened, in this case a positive one. It starts off with some well meaning people with a clear idea of events.. and THEN it attrached the anti-gay or anti-gay marriage posters from afar, and the thread slowly gets broken down to an argument about gay rights, peoples homophobia and claiming they are not, and the thread gets locked because both sides get aggressive.

Fun fact, the world evolves. If you don't evolve with it, you fall bahind.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    People comfortable with arbitrarily denying basic human rights to significant portions of the population are monsters.
    Last edited by Espe; 2013-04-23 at 11:49 PM.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    WoW forums do the same.
    Nah, WoW forums are "if you don't think we need buffs, you're clearly a moron".

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wisconsingazette.com/nati...-oklahoma.html

84-0. Its nice to see our country is still diverse. Too much of one side (for or against) isnt good for a nation.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...e-sex-marriage
    Yes, too many people voting for civil rights isn't good for a nation.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Do 10% of quadruped species get born with 5 legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, yeah, that's still going to look really stupid in 40 years. I'm presently in an interracial relationship - I'd be pretty fucking insulted by someone saying, "look, you can have your tax kajiggers, but I don't want you calling your relationship the same thing as my all-American, good ol' fashioned, all white marriage".
    1. You're putting words in my mouth I never said. 2. Now you're being racist for no reason.

It's all the same rights just called something else, it's not like it's up to me in the first place and the government only doesn't want homosexual unions because they don't want further tax breaks, that isn't me, that's the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So this threads business as usual then.

A subject on homosexuality it opened, in this case a positive one. It starts off with some well meaning people with a clear idea of events.. and THEN it attrached the anti-gay or anti-gay marriage posters from afar, and the thread slowly gets broken down to an argument about gay rights, peoples homophobia and claiming they are not, and the thread gets locked because both sides get aggressive.

Fun fact, the world evolves. If you don't evolve with it, you fall bahind.
    How is it positive for you if you're homosexual and it was voted down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I suppose you've sorted throughout all of the ''garbage'' and therefore you had sources to back your claims, but it seems like you don't.

You're the one who said it's a garbage notion that it is a choice, so you know, it'd only be logical for YOU to prove it why it is garbage.
    Asking for a simple study on it isn't much, is it?

as I said, it's not that I even doubt you, I just want a compelling argument.
    You're the one asserting the notion in the first place; a notion -against- the current medical and psychological consensus, to boot.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    So, I'm the same as a large group of people that had a blind hatred for people of a different race because I don't agree with it? I don't hate gay people, I'm not homophobic (That means scared of gays, definitely not scared of them) and I think they deserve a civil union that gives them the same tax breaks and everything, I just don't want it to be called "marriage" is all. They're still equal to me and I have no hard feelings toward them, I just don't agree with the wording.
    Why not call it marriage? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/marriage

According to webster, it is the same thing. The word doesn't belong to any one group. "Separate yet equal" was tried before. It didn't work out then. Why would it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    How is it positive for you if you're homosexual and it was voted down?
    Might get taken to the Supreme Court and force a legal showdown that leads to Federal legalization.

Not a monster. Just ignorant and holding a terribly sad opinion.