Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
56
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Um, chadwix, your MPR link doesn't work. I also don't see any of this MN shit on the Star Trib.

    Please stop posting lies about my state, kthx.
    It was this, maybe? http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...e-sex-marriage
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    cheese fondue

  2. #102
    Stood in the Fire Dragonix80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    BeHiNd YoU...
    Posts
    430
    A step in right direction. I'm happy for Oklahoma and Minnesota.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    You show your true face.

    Why is it garbage if one believes that being homosexual is a choice?
    Notice that I'm not taking sides here, since I've heard varied stances on this issue from homosexuals themselves.

    Do you believe homosexuals are born that way? If so, is there a ''gene'' or a different trait that causes people to be homosexuals?
    Do you have any studies to show me that that is the case?
    I actually read an interesting article, i need to hunt it down, but apparently from what the article said, scientists now believe it starts in the womb, with certain chemicles released in gestation that are meant to ease the fetus into a gender inhibiting other functions cause a masculine female / feminine male.

    However, as a homosexual i never made a conscious decision to be attracted to men, in fact up until 13 i liked girls my own age, but then i started noticing just how cute other boys were.

    As im sure you never woke up one morning as debated over cereal if you were going to be gay or straight the rest of your life.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    A step in right direction. I'm happy for Oklahoma and Minnesota.
    Oh you just gave me my best laugh of the night.

  5. #105
    High Overlord shadowdasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Blaine, MN
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    "Minnisota"???? I've never even heard of that place.
    And you'd do well to forget it's name.

    As a resident of MN, it saddens me how screwed up this state is. I was glad that we voted down the "marriage amendment" but we continue to have cowards in the gov that will not allow same sex marriage, because it's more important to focus on building a stadium for a rich man and his loser of a football team.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Um, chadwix, your MPR link doesn't work. I also don't see any of this MN shit on the Star Trib.

    Please stop posting lies about my state, kthx.
    aye, i was looking around, all i found was SUPPORT for gay marriage in MN.

  7. #107
    Thank god. It was turned down.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    And you'd do well to forget it's name.

    As a resident of MN, it saddens me how screwed up this state is. I was glad that we voted down the "marriage amendment" but we continue to have cowards in the gov that will not allow same sex marriage, because it's more important to focus on building a stadium for a rich man and his loser of a football team.
    Whose punter is an outspoken supporter of gay rights, incidentally.

    And a WoW geek.

  9. #109
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    18,312
    Quote Originally Posted by msmone123 View Post
    Thank god. It was turned down.
    Don't get used to it. It's coming federally within the next few decades.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    A step in right direction. I'm happy for Oklahoma and Minnesota.
    So, taking into account the first of your very enlightened quotes you present in your signature, is the denying of equality and liberty to homosexuals an example of the restraint you believe defines socialism? Is it socialist policy to shoot down a gay marriage proposal?

    It has to be. If not, you are using different definitions of equality and liberty for different people. A double standard.

  11. #111
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Posts
    5,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Different things, though I really don't wanna get there...



    If they voted all FOR gay marriage wouldn't it also be one sided?
    1. Why should only one group of people have the right to marriage and the Government benefits that go along with a legal marriage?
    2. If they voted for true equal treatment under the law then they would be doing the right thing.

  12. #112
    I don't care if being homosexual is genetic or a choice. It doesn;t matter. Who are any of you to pretend like it matters what you think when it comes to someone else? Please, god, explain this to me. Who the fuck are you?

    If I want to poop and eat oranges while listening to Bob Dylan, who are you to tell me I can't? It doesn't have anything to do with you. I haven't read the whole New Testament recently, but I don't even think it says anything regarding Homosexuality. My church accepted homosexuals with open arms, openly gay people. No one gave a shit. So why do you any of you?

    So what? What is your reasoning? This is the land of the free.

    The only problem I have with the other people in this thread is anyone suggesting federal intervention. I'm all for marriage freedom, but this should stay a STATE RIGHT and STATE CHOICE. If the representatives in those states are douchebags, the people should vote in non douches, or start communicating their feelings to them.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  13. #113
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Don't get used to it. It's coming federally within the next few decades.
    It's also coming to MN this year, despite chadwix's deceiving OP. The DFL has a majority in both Legislative houses and the Governor; it will be passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  14. #114
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    18,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The only problem I have with the other people in this thread is anyone suggesting federal intervention. I'm all for marriage freedom, but this should stay a STATE RIGHT and STATE CHOICE. If the representatives in those states are douchebags, the people should vote in non douches, or start communicating their feelings to them.
    Civil rights don't stop at the state line. Why bother having a unified republic if rights differ from state to state?

    As we saw in the 60s, some states have to be forced to do the right thing.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm all for marriage freedom, but this should stay a STATE RIGHT and STATE CHOICE.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Fa..._Credit_Clause
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    cheese fondue

  16. #116
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,973
    To ever straight guy posting on this thread who believes that someone chooses to be gay, try to do it yourself.

    Go on, if its something you can just do and fundamentally change your sexuality just by telling yourself to do it, go ahead and try it.

    Whats that? Don't want to, the idea of kissing someone of the same sex freaks you out? Really, whats a shocker.

  17. #117
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    You show your true face.

    Why is it garbage if one believes that being homosexual is a choice?
    Notice that I'm not taking sides here, since I've heard varied stances on this issue from homosexuals themselves.

    Do you believe homosexuals are born that way? If so, is there a ''gene'' or a different trait that causes people to be homosexuals?
    Do you have any studies to show me that that is the case?
    On this, I believe it can happen a variety of ways, and it really doesn't matter how it happens. Human being have never been a math equation, especially when it comes to personalities. It's sort of why psychology is sometimes looked down on in scientific fields, because there is no dedicated proof of anything, in Psychology 1+1 can equal 2 one day, and banana the next. There has been some scientific proof towards genetics and how multiple children can increase the chance of being gay, and there has been some psychological proof of it being a choice, because of circumstances, and so on. Honestly because of the nature of humanity I don't get why it HAS to be one or the other when it could clearly and quite easily be both.

    What matters is that no matter what peaceful actions a person decides to take, they should get the same benefits as other people doing said peaceful actions in a different way. Discriminating against gays is about like discriminating against left handed people, some are left handed by choice, some people are ambidextrous, and some just happened to turn out that way because it just happened. In the end it really doesn't matter.

    (edit) I did want to add after thinking about it, choice is only really choice in odd occasions or an extremely stubborn person. An example of this is me being fairly open to anything but refusing women in general as a partner because of many reasons I won't list here for many reasons.
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2013-04-24 at 12:26 AM.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Don't get used to it. It's coming federally within the next few decades.
    I hope for two reasons this doesn;t happen.

    1) I am sure that wouldn't be legal.
    2) Hopefully the states get their heads out of their asses before a decades time.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  19. #119
    The Insane Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    To ever straight guy posting on this thread who believes that someone chooses to be gay, try to do it yourself.

    Go on, if its something you can just do and fundamentally change your sexuality just by telling yourself to do it, go ahead and try it.

    Whats that? Don't want to, the idea of kissing someone of the same sex freaks you out? Really, whats a shocker.
    The ones that can change are clearly bi.

  20. #120
    Mechagnome Neetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    561
    I honestly don't get why votes are needed. If you're gay and want to marry a person of the same gender, you're only marrying that person not the whole god damn state. People need to stop worrying about other peoples business.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

    ~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •