Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    You are missing Game of Thrones, though I am willing to bet you are smart enough to stream that from the net.
    I suggest you check out the new Hannibal series as you appear to have the same taste in Tv as I do.

I'm a fan of the Walking Dead (less so w/ the season finale), Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones. Those are the only 3 shows I schedule my time to watch. I like Dexter, but not as much as the others. I want to watch Mad Men, but I haven't had the time for all the seasons. If I'm really behind on a show, I just go on a TV frenzy and watch every episode in like a week and a half.

There's definitely far FAR more worthwhile TV these days than there were, say... 20 years ago. Lots more risks are taken, more interesting storylines developed, etc.

Then again, there are a lot more channels, and with that, a lot more garbage that isn't even worth looking at. Such is the nature of abundance I suppose.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2013-04-25 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    You are missing Game of Thrones, though I am willing to bet you are smart enough to stream that from the net.
    I suggest you check out the new Hannibal series as you appear to have the same taste in Tv as I do.
    He's got GoT there actually.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

IDK at least on the Saturday/ kids cartoons front nowadays. the late 80's through too the 00's was at least in my opinion the golden age of such shows. in the realm of grownup dramas such as mad men, breaking bad, game of thrones, etc. yes i do agree with you that TV has grown to be amazing. the only 4 cartoon shows that stand out are of course reg show, adventure time, gravity falls, and Avatar. but dramas and comedies like, it's always sunny, workaholics, archer, the league, and Bob's burgers are great watches.

No. if anything TV has gotten shittier. Sure there is the few random series that i feel are worth watching, but for every good program airing there are 100 shit programs i dont want to waste time watching. I prefer to find my shows online where i can bypass all the commercial crap and watch only what i want.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Defiance is also a really good series if you haven't seen any of it; It airs at 8 pm central time on Mondays. If you want to know more about it just Google "Defiance Syfy".

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I remember an episode where the plot was that they entered a gladiator's den with old ghosts. The ghost wouldn't let them go and made them into gladiators. Jake fought through the gladiators, and then the ghost tried to make Jake kill his dog. Jake killed the ghost instead, and they walked away, happily ever after.

Another episode I watched, they went inside this talking gameboy thing, and then they had to play through the levels. Then they beat the game, and they escaped their gameboy friend.

I know a lot of you guys love the animation for that, and it does have very pretty and likable animation, but don't confuse it with "complex interwoven storylines". Just because it has overarching themes doesn't mean it's a masterpiece; everything has overarching themes.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 09:14 AM ----------

That's a nice song (and I've heard it before), but the song does not represent the show. The show is sporadic and pandering to an audience that still loves Spongebob. I grew out of that.

How dare you....I dont even know where the hell you get the comparison between people who watch the two shows. Utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also duck dynasty is hilarious as long as you dont take it to seriously
    People have said the same thing about Jersey Shore, Jerry Springer, and all sorts of other crappy wastes of TV time for as long as I can remember. Duck Dynasty is no different IMO. I'm not big on comedy in general, but if I felt the need to watch something funny(that's still current), I can put on something like Parks and Recreation or Community(neither of which I really watch, tbh) and I guarantee I'll laugh harder than at anything Duck Dynasty has ever done(and that's just counting current stuff, not older stuff like Frasier, Fawlty Towers, Seinfeld, and so).

Quote Originally Posted by andraxion View Post
    Personally, I feel like the channels I really enjoyed have all but sold out. TechTV/G4, Scifi, Cartoon Network, etc., They are full of paid programming, shows that don't match their theme at all, and honestly, just poor quality.
    Agree with that, seems like most channels have gone the MTV route, and there's only 1 or 2 'channels' I actually pay much attention to anymore. (love you AMC)

While there are a few good shows on now, thats always been true... but I think the 'TV is better then its ever been' is drowned out by the inane amount of worthless drek. Remember when all those 'other channels' actually taught you stuff ?

Now it seems the only time I see a documentary, its a mockumentary about digging up dragonbones (which was actually kinda cool) or how aliens might look on other planets.

For me I have found that I have changed more than tv has changed. Growing up I only had 1 or 2 shows that I watched religiously since my parents and my sister liked to hog the remote. Once I got my own place I expanded that to about 7 shows but most I used to be so excited that I couldn't wait to see the next episode so I usually watch the live. Now, I'm watching about the same number of shows but I'm okay with PVRing them and watching them all in one night at a later date.

Just in a general sense from family & friends a lot of the good shows though have shifted from the networks (NBC,CBS,FOX,ABC) to cable like HBO and AMC. There was an episode from one of the guys on Game Of Thrones who also appears on Ripper Street and in comparing the two he said Game Of Thrones will take all day shooting one scene while on Ripper Street they might do 7 or 8 different scenes in one day. I think that level of commitment to a show really shines through. I also think a shorter number of episodes helps too.

TV is really in a weird spot now as they try to catch up to technology.

TV is more expensive than Netflix and Hulu combined. So that's what I have. Cable TV is probably just going to turn into 100% internet in a few decades anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    TV is more expensive than Netflix and Hulu combined. So that's what I have. Cable TV is probably just going to turn into 100% internet in a few decades anyway.
    100% agree with this. While I don't think the any of the streaming services are different enough to warrant multiples (so I just go with netflix) if the big 3 (netflix, amazon, hulu) were all you paid for you would still pay about 1/10 or less of what standard cable costs before any dvr upgrades to get the same functionality.

Combine that with the fact that Netflix is starting to produce their own shows...that happen to be high quality (I was shocked)...I just don't see traditional TV models lasting for too long before we can buy digital TV streaming and actually choose the channels we want.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    actually in the episode where finn wishes the lich had never happened we find out there was actually two,

the first one brought magic, the 2nd one brought the lich and other evil stuff.
    actually, the mushroom bomb brought the lich, and the mushroom bomb was only a single part of the war. so yeah there was only one mushroom war. then known as ww3.

but while i don't watch tv that much, i have heard of a lot of shows springing up recently that have gathered a lot of fans. such as young justice, walking dead, adventure time, mlp, and regular show. as you can tell, i don't quite trust most live action shows. don't ask why.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

TV Shows are better than ever, however watching TV has always sucked, but only now when we're not bound by TV schedules do we notice. We want to watch on demand, on demand is the future, it's only a matter of time before TV stations and shows will have to change the way it's presented to the audience, because right now, downloading stuff from torrents is much better, as it gives you the power of on demand.

Currently I watch

Arrow
    The Walking Dead
    Once Upon A Time
    Doctor Who
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Sherlock
    Dexter
    Adventure Time