Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Before the hate boys come in: almost all the rest of the MMO bunch went FREE to play already years ago.

And no, 100 k or 400 k is not equal to 9 million either.

Difference is about 1 billion dollars revenue per year.

The fact is that MMO's in general took a back seat in recent years for various reasons.
    That's because they failed to compete, not because they wanted to.

Sweet speculation thread! Subs have dropped no question. I can only hope that this will be the call where they fire ghostcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Sweet speculation thread! Subs have dropped no question. I can only hope that this will be the call where they fire ghostcrawler.
    Yeah hate him all you want he's good at his job. Hes like a member of congress anything he does will get shit, same with anyone in his position.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Guessing the subs are down a bit, but I'm still having fun and not fuzzed about the numbers tbh. If they said it was down 2mil I'd still be having fun with our casual, slightly bad, raid group.

Who gives a shit.

They're pushing content as fast as ever and its still high quality.

A game that is this old will always push burned out players out faster than it brings in new players, its just a fact. As long as there are enough players that its worth Blizzard still pushing out content that is all that matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Yeah hate him all you want he's good at his job. Hes like a member of congress anything he does will get shit, same with anyone in his position.
    lol "good at his job", said no one ever. Also, congress has a 9% approval rating so next time pick a better analogy. Creating shittons of dailies is "creating quality content" that was the hallmark of previous expansions. oh wait.

lol "good at his job", said no one ever. Also, congress has a 9% approval rating so next time pick a better analogy. Creating shittons of dailies is "creating quality content" that was the hallmark of previous expansions. oh wait.
    You don't understand what im saying, congress was a good analogy as i bet Ghostcrawler has like a 15% approval rating.Whenever there is any change with anything the community call for his head, its not his choices as we all know you can't get the wow community to be happy his position is hated like congress.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

You don't understand what im saying, congress was a good analogy as i bet Ghostcrawler has like a 15% approval rating.Whenever there is any change with anything the community call for his head, its not his choices as we all know you can't get the wow community to be happy his position is hated like congress.
    I see some parallels but let's face it, GC has dumbed the game down since he took over, classes have no flavor, they stopped creating dungeons in favor of stupid dailies that have rewards for raiding that have nothing to do with dailies, and PVP is in shambles. The few quality of life improvements he has championed could have been thought up by pretty much anyone. Quite honestly, I enjoy wow but the guy is a cancer upon this game.

I see some parallels but let's face it, GC has dumbed the game down since he took over, classes have no flavor, they stopped creating dungeons in favor of stupid dailies that have rewards for raiding that have nothing to do with dailies, and PVP is in shambles. The few quality of life improvements he has championed could have been thought up by pretty much anyone. Quite honestly, I enjoy wow but the guy is a cancer upon this game.
    Alright lets see
    1) GC has dumbed the game down since he took over: Changed from overly complicated with things that were a pain. This can be considered a good thing.
    2)they stopped creating dungeons in favor of stupid dailies that have rewards for raiding that have nothing to do with dailies: Nope they stopped making catch up Heroics in favor of keeping people doing the raids in LFR to gear up, Rewards for raiding ? Not sure what you're talking about but maybe coins and thats already been altered.
    3) PVP is in shambles : Always said and always debated.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

He's not a quest designer. He's a class, item and tradeskill designer. He doesn't do raids either but I'm sure he has some input like everyone on their team. You people only dislike him because he's very vocal and doesn't sugar coat his opinions.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 01:49 PM ----------

Really? Warlocks in TBC/Vanilla before GC took over. Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Tap, Tap, Tap, Repeat. I guess that was a extremely complicated method of playing the game and today it's just faceroll. Keep going though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    He's not a quest designer. He's a class, item and tradeskill designer. He doesn't do raids either but I'm sure he has some input like everyone on their team. You people only dislike him because he's very vocal and doesn't sugar coat his opinions.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 01:49 PM ----------

Really? Warlocks in TBC/Vanilla before GC took over. Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Tap, Tap, Tap, Repeat. I guess that was a extremely complicated method of playing the game and today it's just faceroll. Keep going though.
    As for catch up in raids, tell me who wants to wait in 30min-1hr queues to catch up on an alt? Especially when you most likely get a half cleared instance.

And now every class is the same with almost zero differentiation. dps dps dps dps. wait for some stack to reach 5, use special and repeat. yeah, keep going though.

Wait, I can get raid rewards for doing dailies? Where can I get my 502, 522, or 525 items from dailies? OH WAIT I CAN'T. They stopped creating dungeons SO THEY CAN GET RAIDS OUT FASTER. Sure, you may have an opinion on GC, but lying about what he's done to support it? I can easily do that: GC is the best thing to ever happen to this game! Every time I log in I get a million dollars personally from GC, that's why he's the best!

As for catch up in raids, tell me who wants to wait in 30min-1hr queues to catch up on an alt? Especially when you most likely get a half cleared instance.

And now every class is the same with almost zero differentiation. dps dps dps dps. wait for some stack to reach 5, use special and repeat. yeah, keep going though.
    You could see that about anything. "Oh man all video games are exactly the same: press button, press button, press button, win. Video games have ZERO differentiation." Learn to actually make arguments instead of making up stuff

So why should Blizzard offer raid level gear in 5mans in order to catch up for future raids? Doesn't it make more sense to use the Raid Finder to earn raid gear? By doing this is also keeps older content relevant. Before the moment a new raid came out everyone rushed into a 5man to gear up for the new raid. That's ass backwards.

Neither my hunter nor my DK work of a combo point system. That's only a few of the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Wait, I can get raid rewards for doing dailies? Where can I get my 502, 522, or 525 items from dailies? OH WAIT I CAN'T. They stopped creating dungeons SO THEY CAN GET RAIDS OUT FASTER. Sure, you may have an opinion on GC, but lying about what he's done to support it? I can easily do that: GC is the best thing to ever happen to this game! Every time I log in I get a million dollars personally from GC, that's why he's the best!

You could see that about anything. "Oh man all video games are exactly the same: press button, press button, press button, win. Video games have ZERO differentiation." Learn to actually make arguments instead of making up stuff
    Perhaps you've become crosseyed in your fit of rage while you were typing up your post but clearly your ability to comprehend is the issue here. The problem is that they attached coins for extra raid loot for dailies. A system that has zero to do with raiding. Had you earned coins FOR raiding to get extra raid gear that makes sense.

And way to distill my argument to something completely idiotic about class homogenization. Don't pretend it doesn't exist because it does and it makes the game boring when each classes play exactly the same and don't offer anything unique in terms of gameplay.

So why should Blizzard offer raid level gear in 5mans in order to catch up for future raids? Doesn't it make more sense to use the Raid Finder to earn raid gear? By doing this is also keeps older content relevant. Before the moment a new raid came out everyone rushed into a 5man to gear up for the new raid. That's ass backwards.

Neither my hunter nor my DK work of a combo point system. That's only a few of the classes.
    Once the 5 mans with catch up gear were introduced no one did the old raids, this is keeping them alive and i guess some people just hate it.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Because catch up raiding hasn't worked in the past and it was the primary issue in TBC having to run people through previous tiers. LFR queues have already become pretty painful and it's only going to get worse as we get further along in the expansion. Supporting this inane idea of forcing people through old raids when clearly blizzard went away from that is ridiculous. All you are doing is supporting Blizzard's laziness.

Because catch up raiding hasn't worked in the past and it was the primary issue in TBC having to run people through previous tiers. LFR queues have already become pretty painful and it's only going to get worse as we get further along in the expansion. Supporting this inane idea of forcing people through old raids when clearly blizzard went away from that is ridiculous. All you are doing is supporting Blizzard's laziness.
    I find it funny still that you don't want to run old raids to gear up for new ones. Blizzard isn't forcing you to do anything. But if you want to raid you run the Raid Finder or join a pug to earn gear for the next tier. I think the phrase character progression comes to mind and it trains you how to play your class versus blazing through a 5man dungeon.

I understand you may not like it but guilds are not forced to return to older content. Guilds are also not forced to run old content for attunements in order to do new content. An individual is responsible for this and they can use Raid Finder to attain gear to make them competitive.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 03:23 PM ----------

Once the 5 mans with catch up gear were introduced no one did the old raids, this is keeping them alive and i guess some people just hate it.
    Oh I know. Old content was completely dead. Until they removed the BT/Hyjal attunements the gating was hell especially for alts.

blizzard are clever, if you split chinese players and 'other' players that would be interesting. But they don't, they include the millions of chinese who pay far less than the rest of the world for their subs.

I doubt you'll see much of a drop at all.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

I'm guessing a bigger drop here, don't care though 8)

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why go through the hassle of canceling it if I know I'll eventually come back?
    Meh, just seemed like $15 you could use on something else