Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

1st Quarter 2013 Results Conference Call on May 8th at 1:30 pm pst

source: http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=756727

I was surprised I didn't see anything about this on the front page or forums recently. Perhaps I missed it. Please delete this if it's extraneous but regardless mark your calendars!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Inb4 1 million+ sub loss reported.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Inb4 1 million+ sub loss reported.
    Haha, right? I actually expect sub numbers to stay level or go up since 5.2 launched in March. Anyone who re-subbed or stayed subbed through March 31st will be counted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

I expect -1mil west -3mil east

Before the hate boys come in: almost all the rest of the MMO bunch went FREE to play already years ago.

And no, 100 k or 400 k is not equal to 9 million either.

Difference is about 1 billion dollars revenue per year.

The fact is that MMO's in general took a back seat in recent years for various reasons.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-04-24 at 04:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bet they don't go anywhere. Wow isn't going to lose a million people in one quarter again. Blizz knows what they have fucked up and have fixed it.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-04-24 at 05:08 AM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Haha, right? I actually expect sub numbers to stay level or go up since 5.2 launched in March. Anyone who re-subbed or stayed subbed through March 31st will be counted.
    The week before happened to be when they sent out the 7 day free trial to come back...hmmm..../tinfoilhat
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The week before happened to be when they sent out the 7 day free trial to come back...hmmm..../tinfoilhat
    While we wear that tinfoil hat it is also worth mentionting that 5.2 was probably delayed (becouse it was delayed) so that all the people who came back to test it but then left again becouse it wasnt good enough for them, will still be counted in the Q1 summary as subscribers. Blizzard will do anything to make those numbers look as good as possible.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 05:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Before the hate boys come in: almost all the rest of the MMO bunch went FREE to play already years ago.
    Oh its BenBos again. You seem to show up with same fanatical rhetoric every time someone mentions the subs numbers. Perhaps some of the "haters" have an obsession on that subject around here. But so do you.

And no, 100 k or 400 k is not equal to 9 million either.
    That 9-12mln subs numbers still baffles me since years. I have no idea how all this adds up when all available concurency data shows WoW to be 2-3 times more popular from next in the pack title. While this is still a solid lead, it is nowhere near the "x10 times more" mantra that Blizzard seems to be advertising. It almost seems like half of all those subscribers are not playing the game at all.

Difference is about 1 billion dollars revenue per year.
    I think I remember you to once present a dumb idea that we should all play and support with our money only WoW and Blizzard becouse it is already in the 1st place and everything below 1st place does not matter so supporting any other developer is a waste of money. That was one of the dumbest things I remember reading on this forum. If my memory plays tricks on me and it was not you, my apologies. Otherwise... well...

And how does revenue translate into quality of the product? You suggest that people cant have fun with things that cost less to produce? Does this also mean that Avatar is the best movie in the history of cinema?
    Last edited by Awe; 2013-04-24 at 06:00 AM.

Q4 saw the Chinese release of MOP, the launch of 5.1 and we had Christmas and still 400k subs were lost, in 5.2 raiding participation is down on the previous tier and the Isle of Thunder dailies had a participation of 20-25% on most servers, I really don't think that it is going to increase subs. I have a feeling that sub numbers will be around the pre-MOP launch level.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll lose subs, it's a no brainer. WoW is just a dying game... sorry for those that are new to it and it feels amazing, but unfortunately, the game used to be a whole lot better. PvP was more fun... it was more balanced considering how diverse each class was unlike now. Raiding was more engaging... you had to work your way up... you couldn't go straight from kara into BT or sunwell... or even SSC. The game required an effort out of the player and good epics weren't just handed over to anyone asking for one. W/e... tha'ts an old WoW that non of us can bring back. Lets just hope that blizzard made the right move by taking the dev team off of WoW and putting them on Titan.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    They'll lose subs, it's a no brainer. WoW is just a dying game... sorry for those that are new to it and it feels amazing, but unfortunately, the game used to be a whole lot better. PvP was more fun... it was more balanced considering how diverse each class was unlike now. Raiding was more engaging... you had to work your way up... you couldn't go straight from kara into BT or sunwell... or even SSC. The game required an effort out of the player and good epics weren't just handed over to anyone asking for one. W/e... tha'ts an old WoW that non of us can bring back. Lets just hope that blizzard made the right move by taking the dev team off of WoW and putting them on Titan.
    Debby Downer, everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Q4 saw the Chinese release of MOP, the launch of 5.1 and we had Christmas and still 400k subs were lost, in 5.2 raiding participation is down on the previous tier and the Isle of Thunder dailies had a participation of 20-25% on most servers, I really don't think that it is going to increase subs. I have a feeling that sub numbers will be around the pre-MOP launch level.
    I agree, my guild was 3rd server in raiding at the start of the expansion...than Christmas break hit....and 4 people quit. the rest X-fer'd. over the next month more and more from my guild and server just quit playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    source: http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=756727

I was surprised I didn't see anything about this on the front page or forums recently. Perhaps I missed it. Please delete this if it's extraneous but regardless mark your calendars!
    We had a thread up a bi ago about thus investor call, it got locked because people were complaining etc, plus I don't think many people are bothered anymore.

No matter what happens, if the next expansion is the Burning Legion, expect people to come back. It will be a "BC" type of atmosphere, people will come back just for that. haha

10+ Year Old Account
    9.4m is what im expecting.

Guessing we will be at 8.7m when the xpac ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Didn't somebody link numbers that were reported / filed officially already. According to those there was another slight loss.

Apart from that, this thread will just go the same way as all other threads on quarterly reports have gone....
    The Doomsayers will flock to it. Then if subs are down they will be calling it the death of wow. If the subs are up they all go conspiracy keanu and say blizz is cheating the number some how. Goes the same every quarter.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect it to be the same or even a little higher.
    I know it's a little much but EU WoW has gone from 2 FULL/locked servers to 10 since 5.2 and that has been for 3/4 weeks now.
    Is US Doing that good too?
    Also all Queue times are way faster since 5.2 like LFR from 30 mins to 10/15mins.
    Scenarios instant Que
    And BG's a few secs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Am very certain it will be a drop for sure.

Did someone really suggest that it will be a 4 million drop though?

I think 500k maybe a bit more maybe a bit less.

From a (skewed) personal PoV I have seen quite a few people come back this month anecdotal is anecdotal ofc though

Does baffle me how they even manage to keep 9 million subs is a market that is clearly declining (sub based MMOs).

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I expect it to be the same or even a little higher.
    I know it's a little much but EU WoW has gone from 2 FULL/locked servers to 10 since 5.2 and that has been for 3/4 weeks now.
    Is US Doing that good too?
    Also all Queue times are way faster since 5.2 like LFR from 30 mins to 10/15mins.
    Scenarios instant Que
    And BG's a few secs.
    Just anecdotal evidence but my queue times peaked at the release of the first ToT LFR at around 57 minutes. They are currently well down from that, being 20 minutes most of the time, even doing pinnacle on my monk as DPS on Sunday (normally significantly slower than on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening) was only 22 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    That 9-12mln subs numbers still baffles me since years. I have no idea how all this adds up when all available concurency data shows WoW to be 2-3 times more popular from next in the pack title. While this is still a solid lead, it is nowhere near the "x10 times more" mantra that Blizzard seems to be advertising. It almost seems like half of all those subscribers are not playing the game at all.
    No one said they are. A subscriber is just someone who has paid up to a certain point. I've gone a month or more without logging in but never breaking my subscription...thus I'd still be counted.