Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Question for Mages who do LFR

I'm a Hunter, and have always found it difficult to get a specific weapon to drop from LFR bosses. How is it for you Mages? The Seun-Wo staff weapon is what I'd be after if/when my Mage alt becomes Level 90.

I haven't used a coin and I've been clearing LFR every week and I got 2 weapon drops.

If you are fire the Seun-Wo staff is pretty bad but for frost it is pretty good.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyLove View Post
    I haven't used a coin and I've been clearing LFR every week and I got 2 weapon drops.

If you are fire the Seun-Wo staff is pretty bad but for frost it is pretty good.
    And what about Arcane? It's my primary spec on my Mage alt (the other being Frost for PvP).

I have been using coins sparingly and havent had a single weapon drop yet. I did however, have a new off hand drop today which was nice, but it's not a weapon. It's not a bad staff for arcane (pretty good for frost like SillyLove pointed out).

10+ Year Old Account
    Run LFR with guildies whenever i can, if they are not on i go solo and have yet to see ANY weapons.

I despise staves but if i got one that was a big upgrade i would begrudgingly use it.

Atm i have the Klaxxi rep sword mogged to Quel'delar (sp) and i am working on getting the PVP sword with conquest points right now.
    Yeah not ideal and knowing my luck i will buy the PVP sword and within a day or 2 a LFR weapon will be mine.

Deleted
    For me, weapons seem to drop regularly. Point is some spriest or lock always gets it, which ends up with me being the only one in our raiding squad left out and still wearing a 496 wep... But, reset again, got coins and hoping for the best tonight. Staves, 1H, I don't really mind. Either one would be a great upgrade for me... /praytothegods

Edit: LFR-wise I had quite some luck getting the staff from Lei Shi in Terrace on my second run. Other than that I have the Venom-wand (502) from ToT.
    Last edited by mmocaf86d25fb1; 2013-04-24 at 05:23 AM.

I ran LFR regularly looking for a weapon. I had a blue untill just this past week. Horrible luck on my end.

Eh, I've ran every single LFR since they came out and I've only won a trinket. :S

Pretty bad luck but I've been supplementing with VP Gear.

Deleted
    RNG is RNG, the only thing that can differs from classes is the number of weapon you can use.

I have yet to see any weapon in LFR, and only last week we've seen one from horridon in NM, been killing him since the start of ToT.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might be running a Mage in future instead of my current Hunter. Frost seems like fun.

Gear wise, I'm not keen on the set bonuses for the Mage, so if I get to 90 before 5.3 comes out, I may just go for select pieces of LFR gear, instead of a whole range.

got lucky last tier and got my Sha-Touched LFR weapon first or second run through ToES...however i was then unlucky and never got the normal version of it even after 10+ kills. As for this tier, havent seen a weapon drop on my mage in LFR, but got lucky and got Normal Nadagast's Exsanguinator last week from a coin roll.

On my alt (dk), i got the 2h sword from Council first run through LFR...it's not the best, stat wise, but pretty decent.

Summary: RNG is RNG

Weapons are pretty easy this tier because 2 of the 3 items on Horridon's loot table are weapons, and 1 of 2 for Consorts.