Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    Everyone who plays a Shadow Priest is going to tell you a Warlock will be better in 5.3.

Everyone who plays a Warlock is going to tell you a Shadow Priest will be better in 5.3.
    I play both and I say Shadow Priest will be better. I declare victory on behalf of all Warlocks! <wicked laugh>
    (Super awesome copy-paste skills yo)
    (super awesome restore message skills)

Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-12 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I play both and I say Warlocks will be better. I declare defeat on behalf of all Warlocks! <wicked laugh>
    (Super awesome copy-paste skills yo)

y0u h4v3 b33n h4x3d!!1

- Yva <3

Lol Yva its not funny to change people's posts to your benefit

Yva's diactatorship!!! Viva la revolution
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-05-12 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This means war!

Deleted
    priests poor? ... no .. just not win by defualt anymore.

but i would go for lock. Higher burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Userlol View Post

Except that shadow burst is better and harder to stop -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by Userlol View Post

Higher burst but once every 2 mins though, while priests every 30~40 sec ?

And thats just as destro ,which means you have to land 2.5 sec cast chaos bolts to be effective, which is easy to be stopped or avoided.

Demo and affliction dont bring any actual threat.
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-05-12 at 12:06 PM.

I'd say a shadow priest and lock would be in a 'good' position in 5.3. Play the one you honestly enjoy. It will work out better long term
    Last edited by skitzin; 2013-05-12 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    On the ptr or on live? It should be 50% extra crit, 8 second duration on ptr, 100% crit 4 sec duration on live.
    keep in mind that was one of the trinkets nerfed for proc rate vs player targets.. i duno how it will be.

barring changes to lock - the gate nerf is enough to play spriest, imo. if the 3 sec cast is affected by haste it might not be horrible but lack of passive healing yet again will probably sink the spec the way instant dot dmg is.

should also be noted that DP crit hits harder than CBolt on the ptr [excluding the dot].. that's not good.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-12 at 02:38 PM.

I played Spriest this expansion for the first time and its such a satisfying experience. They are such a complete class and you never really feel like 'man I wish I could...' I wish a lot more classes had the fullness of Spriests honestly.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priests will still do strong damage. Defensive Dispel isn't going anywhere. It's only the stupid .5 second cast that is leaving, and having to glyph (glyph for it right now anyway...) to remove bubble/Ice Block. Still have one of the strongest blanket silences for CC chains, and still have instant procs. Void shift should have been nerfed to like half effectiveness, not completely useless. Something like a targetted Spirit Link. Sucks having a level 87 ability you can't even use.

But they will still be strong. Affliction, at the moment (they did say more buffs were coming for 5.3) is pretty shitty in comparison.

Destro will be insane for RBG's still, and alright/good in Arenas depending on your comp, but Shadow is the other way around. So, up to you.

SP will still be better. Probably more so since gate will be getting nerfed which is a huge loss to warlock utility. DoT damage increase won't change anything due to the current state of arena. Also +10% is actually nothing when the damage is nothing to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post
    SP will still be better. Probably more so since gate will be getting nerfed which is a huge loss to warlock utility. DoT damage increase won't change anything due to the current state of arena. Also +10% is actually nothing when the damage is nothing to begin with.
    I don't know where people get this "dots do 500 dmg!!" thing. Sure I'm not entirely happy with our spread dmg in PvP either, but keep in mind that our dots tick every 2 seconds instead of 3 as of MoP. If you weave MG in between, and protect yourself from getting CS:ed by LoS-running behind pillars (while channeling MG) your spread dmg can be pretty sick, actually.

Playing affli nowadays is a matter of adapting to the new playstyle. What we don't have anymore is the ability to totally rot the ENTIRE enemy team by our own, but do we reallly want, for the health of the game, cata "godmode" affli back? Once the extreme specs like BM/SP/Sub Rogue and in some cases Fmages has been toned down we'll see how affli actually behaves. I think they're doing this the right way; instead of buffing locks to god mode status they're brining other specs down to the "middle field" where affli currently is.

My personal opinion, from PTR testing is that SP and locks will be pretty even come 5.3, just in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniza View Post
    I don't know where people get this "dots do 500 dmg!!" thing. Sure I'm not entirely happy with our spread dmg in PvP either, but keep in mind that our dots tick every 2 seconds instead of 3 as of MoP. If you weave MG in between, and protect yourself from getting CS:ed by LoS-running behind pillars (while channeling MG) your spread dmg can be pretty sick, actually.

Playing affli nowadays is a matter of adapting to the new playstyle. What we don't have anymore is the ability to totally rot the ENTIRE enemy team by our own, but do we reallly want, for the health of the game, cata "godmode" affli back? Once the extreme specs like BM/SP/Sub Rogue and in some cases Fmages has been toned down we'll see how affli actually behaves. I think they're doing this the right way; instead of buffing locks to god mode status they're brining other specs down to the "middle field" where affli currently is.

My personal opinion, from PTR testing is that SP and locks will be pretty even come 5.3, just in different ways.
    DO we want the cata Affliction style back? Every single serious PvPer I know of wants it back! Proc Shadowbolts...can you imagine drainlife filler with KJC? Now we have a game where every class has 2730957345 interupts and they give us a MUST channel spell. Of course we want our LK/Cata Aff back

Quote Originally Posted by syphonlife View Post
    DO we want the cata Affliction style back? Every single serious PvPer I know of wants it back! Proc Shadowbolts...can you imagine drainlife filler with KJC? Now we have a game where every class has 2730957345 interupts and they give us a MUST channel spell. Of course we want our LK/Cata Aff back
    Yeah I'd like the gameplay with the old nightfall, haunt not costing a shard, old soul link and good selfhealing back too. Sorry if I was unclear, I was talking about the spread damage we did in cata, which was kind of insane.