Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I don't like talents designed only for one spec. Cloak and Dagger is basicly useless for assassination and combat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoremas View Post
    Hey guys, I'm sure you've all acclimated to using Cloak and Dagger by now, and as great as it is when combined with subterfuge, I really miss having the on the fly utility of SS. However, it's pretty clear that Cloak is superior in almost every way atm, so provide your ideas on how to bring it back reasonably

My thoughts:
    Warriors: Charge 12 seconds (causes short stuns)
    Mages: Blink 15 seconds (breaks stuns)
    Monks: Roll 16 seconds x 2 (x3 talented)
    Rogues: Shadowstep 24 seconds

When compared to the movement of other classes, it's very clear that the ability is lackluster. In today's game of 5.2, CaD trivializes SS.

My simple solution (maybe not best idea) but simply make SS a 15 second CD. Thoughts? Opinions? Better ideas? Please share.
    If this had been posted on the official forums where it's actually read by people who can make a difference you would undoubtedly get the following reply:
    "You can't just compare abilities in a vacuum, different classes have different abilities."

Having said that, shadowstep in it's current form as an ability on 15 seconds is ridiculous because of it's defensive potential. It would make vanish, evasion and smoke bomb unnecessary as defensive go-to key abilities because you can just teleport to safety behind a pillar with help from a team mate more frequently. That would open up those cooldowns to be used exclusively on the offensive and if there's something most rogues can agree on is that they are pretty powerful at the moment and don't actually need something like this right now.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2013-04-25 at 03:46 AM.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

15+ Year Old Account
    How does the change to the range of C&D affect things do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    How does the change to the range of C&D affect things do you think?
    I'm not sure what to think of C&D anyway. Whenever I did arenas the whole point of shadow dance was pretty much finish the opponent. You made sure they blew they're trinket before hand, throw down a smoke bomb. Stun -> ambush -> ambush -> etc. Keep them nice and locked down.

In random bg's it could be quite troll to stun all the healers but the energy regen is so slow and it's fairly expensive.

I don't pvp massively myself, but from these experiences, I found limited use for it.

Deleted
    Wish granted! Cloak and Dagger nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Wish granted! Cloak and Dagger nerfed.
    Only a Range nerf.. to be honest with you, it's not gonna change shit at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Only a Range nerf.. to be honest with you, it's not gonna change shit at all.
    Actually a substantial change since healers and range dps can now outrange our instant garrot and stun teleports. How can you not see this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually a substantial change since healers and range dps can now outrange our instant garrot and stun teleports. How can you not see this?
    They could already, their spells are 40y.. not 30.

If you aren't terrible at predicting enemy movement, this is a change you won't even feel.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2013-04-25 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Cloak and Dagger + Shadowdance work amazing together. Not many comp's in arena train a rogue, but when they do, shadowstep is invaluable. ( I feel anyway )
    Shadowstep is better when you're getting trained. Having to blow a burst cooldown to avoid getting trained is a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Shadowstep: 18s Cooldown, Removes all snares and root effects, and increases movement speed by 70% for 4 seconds.
    ___

This is the Burning Crusade Shadowstep with 2 seconds taken off it's cooldown to account for today's metagame.
    ___

Cloak and Dagger is better control + more reliability for burst, it is superior, you can shut down an entire team for as long as you're dancing or in Subterfuge.
    I actually really like that idea for SS. seems like a mage blink and happens to not be too far fetched considering most class utilities in todays game

They always could. I don't think this changes much as far as whether you should take CnD or shadowstep. It's just a nerf to the range of the spell, that's all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    They always could. I don't think this changes much as far as whether you should take CnD or shadowstep. It's just a nerf to the range of the spell, that's all.
    That is all? The range of CnD is what makes it so good. It's like saying "We just nerfed the speed of your Ferrari that's all. It's still a Ferrari."

Apparently they are thinking in adding an ICD on top of the range nerf, so wish granted... :-/
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

That is all? The range of CnD is what makes it so good. It's like saying "We just nerfed the speed of your Ferrari that's all. It's still a Ferrari."
    Shitty comparison. Ferraris aren't running other cars (classes) off the road. CnD could be 10 yards and I bet most rogues would still take it. 30 yards was just unnecessary, especially when you consider that shadowstep is only 25.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Shitty comparison. Ferraris aren't running other cars (classes) off the road. CnD could be 10 yards and I bet most rogues would still take it. 30 yards was just unnecessary, especially when you consider that shadowstep is only 25.
    The comparison stands. Your analogy however doesn't make sense i this context.