Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pterrowings as tameable pets

I know its highly unlikely but considering we already get these bastards via Dire Beast (which is rather surprising) what are the chances we could soon tame them?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we could eventually tame them, but I don't think it'll be in this expansion. Probably in the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather see Kunchong as tamable pets. I was so mad when I found out you couldn't tame them they look just like the giant bugs from Starcarft.

I really want a pet skyscreamer. I honestly don't see why it wasn't added into the Tome of Dinomancy with Dire Horns :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

I also dont get why so many cool beasts are not tamable.

Like pterrorwings, skyscreamers, kunchongs, even beavers and hydras...

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry1981 View Post
    I know its highly unlikely but considering we already get these bastards via Dire Beast (which is rather surprising) what are the chances we could soon tame them?
    Unless I'm missing something and you are referring to a different one, but I've seen hunters in LFR raids with the Pterrowing model pets.

Both of the models shown here:
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-04-25 at 11:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't an actual pet,just a guardian beast you get with dire beast..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I rather see Kunchong as tamable pets. I was so mad when I found out you couldn't tame them they look just like the giant bugs from Starcarft.
    screw those. as cool as it is to have a pet Ultralisk, I want a pet Roach or Zergling. Or wait, a pet broodling.

Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    That isn't an actual pet,just a guardian beast you get with dire beast..
    Obligatory "not sure if retarded or just trolling" remark. I'm pretty sure the OP knows that, dude. That's why he is asking if we might be able to tame them eventually.

On topic, I maintain that we need Shoveltusks. I'm tired of not having a Shoveltusk.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Obligatory "not sure if retarded or just trolling" remark. I'm pretty sure the OP knows that, dude. That's why he is asking if we might be able to tame them eventually.

On topic, I maintain that we need Shoveltusks. I'm tired of not having a Shoveltusk.
    Obligatory "not sure if retarded or just trolling" remark. I'm pretty sure the guy you quoted knows that the OP knows that, dude. He was replying to the guy above him, who posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Unless I'm missing something and you are referring to a different one, but I've seen hunters in LFR raids with the Pterrowing model pets.

Both of the models shown here:

/headdesk

/tucks tail and scampers away

It was such a huge tease to make them summoned by Dire Beast but not be allowed to actually tame one..

Deleted
    actually if they're like the gaurdian beast version i had rather not have them as a pet.
    it looks really stupid that they walk on the ground instead of flying atleast a few feet up in the air.
    however if they changed that i would like them a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    actually if they're like the gaurdian beast version i had rather not have them as a pet.
    it looks really stupid that they walk on the ground instead of flying atleast a few feet up in the air.
    however if they changed that i would like them a lot more.
    I actually quite like them when they are running and attacking by swinging their wings :P

While I'm all for oversized pets, the direbeast version of pterrowings are quite huge.

Not sure how melee dps would feel on fights like Dark Animus, some were complaining to me about my dire beast making it hard for them to see Anima Font at their feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    We could tame a whelp version. Same model, just have Blizzard scale it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I think they're kind of clunky honestly: Am I the only one not in love with this model?

10+ Year Old Account
    How about a Pterrordax instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    It was such a huge tease to make them summoned by Dire Beast but not be allowed to actually tame one..
    You know what is even a bigger tease? Dire Beast BEAVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    You know what is even a bigger tease? Dire Beast BEAVER.
    Yea lol, I tried to tame one because of that too and saw I couldn't. Made me sad.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 01:39 PM ----------

Next thing you know we'll have a Dire Beast flying shark or something...