Adobe Announces New MMO: Photoshop Online (humor)

http://www.orcisharmyknife.com/2013/...op-online.html

Adobe shocked the gaming world today when it announced the conversion of their flagship Photoshop program into a brand-new MMO title, available only to subscribers for a monthly fee.

"We've thought about this for a long time," said Adobe spokesperson Hans Serif. "We've been watching the growth of the MMO industry and the wild success of subscription-based franchises, so we figured 'why not us?' "

[...]
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. Cooperative photoshopping . . . competitively.

That's funny.
    Putin khuliyo

It's not DRM anymore, it's a MMO.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must say, their spokesman has a very familiar name...

Seriously though, April Fools was over a month ago.

Yeah April Fools was over a month ago. Don't you know that is the only time silly stuff like this can happen?!

But seriously, that was pretty good. Made me chuckle.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoe View Post
    Yeah April Fools was over a month ago. Don't you know that is the only time silly stuff like this can happen?!

But seriously, that was pretty good. Made me chuckle.
    I'm all for silly stuff but the style of it makes it look like an April Fools joke. Given the time frame it's almost like they went "Oh shit, no April Fools, rush something" then took a month to do it.

All in all, it was good, but why do it now? Seems like they're wasting resources that could be used on something else... like repricing their product into something that people can actually afford and don't need to download illegal in such vast numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    I'm all for silly stuff but the style of it makes it look like an April Fools joke. Given the time frame it's almost like they went "Oh shit, no April Fools, rush something" then took a month to do it.

All in all, it was good, but why do it now? Seems like they're wasting resources that could be used on something else... like repricing their product into something that people can actually afford and don't need to download illegal in such vast numbers.
    My point is, why not do it now? Why can't a joke be a joke without it having to do with April Fools?

And waste of resources? I'm sorry but this couldn't have taken so much time to really consider it a waste of anything than someones lunch hour. A bit of time that in the end would have had 0 effect on pricing, or anything else that has nothing to do with this silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    I must say, their spokesman has a very familiar name...

Seriously though, April Fools was over a month ago.
    I think serif is a font? Or something to do with it. :P

Edit: Ah nope. Turns out that a serif is the pointless little stylistic tags on the ends of letters. You've probably seen it a few times in MS Window Word's font table.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-05-13 at 03:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    I think serif is a font? Or something to do with it. :P

Edit: Ah nope. Turns out that a serif is the pointless little stylistic tags on the ends of letters. You've probably seen it a few times in MS Window Word's font table.
    Hans Serif - Sans Serif - a type of font.
    Putin khuliyo

Jokes aside, this actually made me kind of annoyed when I first heard about it. If they think that people are suddenly going to start paying for it, they're wrong. The whole point of so many people downloading it is because it is so outrageously priced that unless you have money to throw away, you wouldn't buy it. And now you have to continue paying to keep using it? Awful move. GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Jokes aside, this actually made me kind of annoyed when I first heard about it. If they think that people are suddenly going to start paying for it, they're wrong. The whole point of so many people downloading it is because it is so outrageously priced that unless you have money to throw away, you wouldn't buy it. And now you have to continue paying to keep using it? Awful move. GG.
    I have never understood the $600 cost. GIMP is free and can do about 90% of what Photoshop does.
    Putin khuliyo