Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's actually lots of achievements in the game right now which seem to be at a impossible to achieve (or close to it) level. In my opinion there's many achievements (primarily those in pvp) which need to be reworked. Why even have a 2700 in 3's achievement anymore when only 1 (or 2?) teams last season actually reached this rating in the US. Why not just replace this with a rank 1 achievement, seeing as more people are getting rank 1 than getting 2700 nowadays. For now, unless there's some huge rating inflation, this achievement shouldn't even be in the game, it simply serves as an annoyance for those who take achievements seriously. As for the battlemaster achievements, some of these could definitely be reworked in accordance to how random BG's work right now, trying to do them solo will only irritate your team such as in AV hanging around towers when everyone wants you to zerg the boss only leads to arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I got mine on March 24th 2012, in a pug, like I've done with all of my bg achievements.
    Back when you could Pug it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    We'll I agree with him. I was able to premade most off my achivements. Makes it so much easiere- But then they choose to remove it for whatever reason. Premade normal BG's was great fun....=/
    Because 10, 15 and even 40 people premade groups were running rampant. Farming the other side for honor kills for all 600 reinforcement at their graveyard was never intended for Alterac/IoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    So I tried it again last night on another char and got it on the second go. Some of you people should spend more time practicing and less time complaining, I think! The achievement is fine.
    See, it's that kind of attitude that's going to ensure you're going to keep having "bad luck".
    I'm going to wish you guys to work harder since that's better than good luck.
    Got a screenshot? I'd really like to see the date on the achievment. Personally I already have it and couldn't care less but I am convinced you're lying. Even with 5 people in a premade the only way to get "The perfect storm" is being incredible lucky and having a completly braindead and undergeared enemy team. There is really no "try harder" or "work harder" part involved here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Because you are the only one who is having fun when you march into a battleground with a premade group and basically start pistol whipping blind kids. Though, I don't think anyone would really give a shit if they were rewarded adequately for participating. I'd probably do BGs all day if I got Conquest points whether I won or not.

Personally though, I found Ironman pretty easy to get. I did get it in Cataclysm, though. This expansion has made it extremely difficult to get a lot of the PvP achievements. I feel sorry for anyone trying to get Arena Master right now.
    Well I'm still doing that though. Just now we're queueing with 5 instead of 10 people. The end result is pretty much the same though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I have the perfect storm achievement...and i have never been in a premade 0o

I hate the "win 100 xx" ones, if i win 100 of them i would have bought every honor item in existence by the time i get it :S
    Getting the perfect storm achievment used to be fairly simply back when you could get lucky and not face any opposition at all or vastly outnumber them. Also the childrens week before account wide achievments used to be a good time to attempt to get it since you had games where the entire enemy team headed straight for the middle.
    Outside of that you'd need to face a team that has no understanding of the game mechanics whatsoever, that is not interested in actually winning, of whom every single last one is horrible equipped and heads straight for middle. If even 2~ people have any kind of brain function you wont get it.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-04-26 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yes, because you can carry a BG by yourself.
    Obviously you can't, but being an exceptional player helps. Getting an achievement like Perfect Storm requires that your group have a decent number of exceptional players and it requires that the other team has a decent number of bad players. If you are an exceptional player yourself, one piece of the puzzle is already filled in. If you're decent at best (or maybe even bad) then that's one extra slot of group RNG you need.

Back when I got Battlemaster, the only achievement I ever needed an organized group for was the one to win AB by 10 points where we set it up perfectly to let the other team get a lead and capped at the exact right times by controlling all 5 points but not capping flags until needed.

Perfect Storm, and a lot of other "hard" ones, I got through my unhuman amount of BG grinding.

Well considering last summer from march- October I ran pvp premades thru openraid and got alteast 30 people battlemaster titles and did atleast every achievement needed x10 it is highly doable and stop being lazy...ill post the charts I used back then.

Love Kakashi ~ open raid for those who ran with me

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some are a bit over-the-top compared to others, but as many have said, it's not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Well considering last summer from march- October I ran pvp premades thru openraid and got alteast 30 people battlemaster titles and did atleast every achievement needed x10 it is highly doable and stop being lazy...ill post the charts I used back then.

It's funny how everyone saying that people should stop being lazy have exclusively done the achievement through 3rd party services and/or addons. The achievements are there for RANDOM Battlegrounds. And as such, one would think that they should be obtainable with RANDOM groups.

Are they there for random battlegrounds? Can you please provide me with factual evidence that says these achievements are for random battlegrounds plz....

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    So let me get this right, you don't think being a Master of a battleground should require you to Perfect it? Pugs get this when one person is vocal and gives concise and clear instructions. It happens by luck, by a leader, by a pre-made via addon, but it does still happen, and can still happen without any premade or addon.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    They are not impossible by any means, I got the *cough* we had it all along achi pre-nerf in AB by solo queue.
    Same here and the The Perfect storm while solo, just need to keep at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Are they there for random battlegrounds? Can you please provide me with factual evidence that says these achievements are for random battlegrounds plz....
    The fact that you cant get them in rated BG's? Or that they remove premades? If you're a player who doesn't use 3rd party addons to circumvent queues with tons of people, what does that leave you with?

Random. Battlegrounds.

Deleted
    I got Perfect Storm in a premade, just 5 of us, 2 to DR, 3 to MT, took us around 5 tries to get it right, wasn't that difficult though.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    The fact that you cant get them in rated BG's? Or that they remove premades? If you're a player who doesn't use 3rd party addons to circumvent queues with tons of people, what does that leave you with?

Random. Battlegrounds.
    Last time I checked you can q bags with 5 people without the addon an do a lot of the hard ones... Hell I got a few friends an perfection with 10 randoms and 4 friends.... Also I got people av perfection in a que with 4 friends I just macro'd instructions and everyone followed....

Just be vocal with the people I'm your bg and youll find out some people want the same goal... But if you go into a bg and expect a handout for a achievement, I'm sorry this isn't pve where you can get freebie carries...if you don't know the strats theirs websites of detailed explanation...

Eots perfect storm with 5

Make two groups, have a healer in each and if you get boomkins and ele shamans have them knock them off the nodes... It's so easy.. Also if your an active bg player and your not running battleground targets and healers have to die, your making pvp a lot harder on yourself....
    Last edited by kilj; 2013-04-27 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    So I tried it again last night on another char and got it on the second go. Some of you people should spend more time practicing and less time complaining, I think! The achievement is fine.
    Think you are lying. Either provide a screenshot or tell me how I can practice being in four places at the one time and hold on to waves of attacking opposition in four different places at the same time. Seriously, think about the achievement for jst one second and drop the whole L2P BS. If you are looking to get this achievement in a random it's luck and no other way about it.

How do you hold 4 positions? Called communication......

Deleted
    How do you hold 4 positions? Called communication......
    We are talking about random BGs. Getting people to listen to your communication is as much luck as having a successful four base zerg at the beginning. If it was as easy as using chat don't you think everyone would have this achievement by now and this topic would be redundant? My point stands; getting the Perfect Storm in a random is solely about luck and has very little bearing on personal skill. So please, do tell me how I can hold four bases at the same time in a random using my own personal skills and not relying on luck.
    Last edited by mmoc6765cb3ae1; 2013-04-27 at 05:29 PM.

Just because some people don't communicate doesn't mean you stop trying after one or so games... Either way sounds like you want a freebie or something to QQ about

Deleted
    Just because some people don't communicate doesn't mean you stop trying after one or so games... Either way sounds like you want a freebie or something to QQ about
    QQ? No, I'm merely responding to the people who claim this achievement isn't down to pure luck and is something to do with some skill. Fyi I got this achievement in a random in Wrath and it was pure luck, and I have both my Battlemaster and Khan titles. Anyone who claims that this achievement is obtainable by other mean than either blind luck or by installing third party addons is just flat out dreaming. Yes, people can try time after time to communicate with other random players but getting them on the same page is going to take luck. This is about as RNG as achievements get which is the whole point I was making, so if that makes me a QQer so be it. Although I'm struggling to think of how anyone can term any 1600-0 win a "freebie".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Obviously you can't, but being an exceptional player helps. Getting an achievement like Perfect Storm requires that your group have a decent number of exceptional players and it requires that the other team has a decent number of bad players. If you are an exceptional player yourself, one piece of the puzzle is already filled in. If you're decent at best (or maybe even bad) then that's one extra slot of group RNG you need.

Perfect Storm, and a lot of other "hard" ones, I got through my unhuman amount of BG grinding.
    Actually you would have to meet one of the worst groups possibly imaginable on the other side. Otherwise you wont get it, ever.

"PvP Premade" - That wont work for these guys. Hey I got mine back when achievments weren't account wide and all of those people had join the battleground with their alts to get their achievments and weren't even interested in PvP. Will that help these people in any kind of way? No, it wont.

I think you need to be smacked over the head with some blunt object solely for mentioning something that isn't possible anymore.

Any BG will have a bot quota of around 20-30% you don't even notice. That leaves 70-80% of people who could in theory communicate. Most of them however wont unless it's about flaming people. Trying to coordinate a random battleground is nearly as good an idea as trying to teach a monkey to do your tax billing for you.

How is a pvp premade not possible anymore????????

Go get OQeue

How is a pvp premade not possible anymore????????

Go get OQeue
    Achievements should not be solely earnable through the use of 3rd-party addons. That is the sign of a broken game.