Returning - Which Class to Level?

Hey All,

So I stopped playing during Cata and have decided to pick up the game again, I have three characters at 85:
    - Hunter
    - Druid
    - Priest

The Hunter used to be my main however I enjoyed all three back then and am happy to be any role, I am wondering out of those three classes which is in the best position currently?

After personal opinions here, would love someone with experience across all three.

Thanks,

Hello there Kali, I hope your enjoying your return back to wow, as for your question of which class is best it's dependant on a few things, first is how well you know that class ( for me my priest I know back to back so it made it easy to level from 85-90) and 2nd of all you need to enjoy the class, all classes have had quite huge changes in certain areas the class you might of liked in cata you may now dread, but it's pure play style and what you fancy playing, hunters are very good in this expac due to thier pet leaving you able to kill many mobs without effort and priests can also be a good class to play even in discipline, for Druids I have never really levelled one passed 60 yet, blizzard have reduced exp from 85-90 by 33% now so maybe you could level your hunter to 86 and then do the same for the priest/Druid and it might give you something to compare each class with.

I hope this helps you Kali.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Kalti,

I would suggest to play them all for a few hours (Days) and then take a look which of them is more enjoyable, expect to be around with 1 90er for a while
    Also check out class video's so you can choose faster and then you got a view how everything is atm, classes has changed a quite a bit in MoP.
    For the rest Play the class you like most not the ones that are the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

depends what you intend to do

i would suggest druid or hunter, purely for the fact that there'll be a ridiculous amount of dailies you need to complete to get reps sorted on your first toon to hit 90.

once you've got those reps to revered, you can buy the rep bonus tokens that give you double rep on all other toons on your account, once you have those, level your other toons as you can hit honoured/revered with some factions just through levelling. (with the bonus)

also, in 5.3 the xp required between 85 and 90 is being reduced by 33%, so i would definitely recommend just focusing on 1 toon for the time being that you will grind all the reps on and gear up fully before you worry about the others.

but i cant really give you any insight into what they are like to play at 90, sorry.
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-04-24 at 11:10 AM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Druid feral. Om nom nom

Priest - or rogue! Just started playing on my lvl 80 rogue which i only touched for half a level in cata, and i most say they did a great job making assa more appealing (atleast to me).

Priest is what i play now, all 3 speccs are greatly enjoyable, and disc is very strong atm aswell if thats something that counts in your book :P

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Priest - or rogue! Just started playing on my lvl 80 rogue which i only touched for half a level in cata, and i most say they did a great job making assa more appealing (atleast to me).

Priest is what i play now, all 3 speccs are greatly enjoyable, and disc is very strong atm aswell if thats something that counts in your book :P
    I did enjoy Disc back then to be honest, is shadow in a good place too?

Hows Druid tanking currently though, is it still crazy easy to get LFD groups as a tank and hence make it easier to level?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Help me choose which class to level" threads are too subjective and aren't allowed here.