Thread: Weapons curse

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weapons curse

Hey all, I've been playing my Rogue since Vanilla and after years of being an Alliance Rogue I just recently made a new Horde Rogue on a new server. I hit 90 about a week ago and have gotten up to ilevel 487 bu somehow haven't gotten a single dagger since I hit 90. I've been running around with a quest green(ilevel 437) and the blue 450 you get from the Arena scenario.

I've been spamming dungeons to atleast get a single 463 but haven't had any luck with drops, I've done all of the LFRs open to me and even killed Lei Shi and Stone Guard 5 times each using my extra coins and still nothing. I've had this problem slightly on my Alliance Rogue, it took me forever to get weapons. My Ally Rogue up until this patch was using the normal Stone Guard dagger and the Winterveil Tree dagger. I've had the Legendary gem for months and never got even an LFR weapon to put it in. Are weapons supposed to be this hard to come by?

I've been debating just PvPing to buy the honor daggers but I'm not sure how long it will take since I have to reach the season cap first. Also since I just rerolled on this server I don't have a massive amount of gold to afford the crazy high prices of AH weapons.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any tips that would help?

Deleted
    I know you won't like this answer; but RNG is RNG, tough luck.
    We have raided for like half a year now (since week 1 MoP raids were open) and we still haven't gotten a single mail caster belt for our ele shaman. This includes bonus rolls on Feng in MSV and Tsulong/Lei Shi in Terrace. He used the PvP malevolent belt for all of T14 and Tyrannical up until last week, when he bought the spirit/crit (worst stats for ele sham btw.) belt from the new valor vendors.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2013-04-24 at 01:49 PM.

RNG is indeed RNG, and she's a capricious bitch. Been trying to get Lei Shi's sha-touched dagger for months now, with no more luck than you.

You could run the Isle of Thunder PvP dailies, they award 525 honor a day, which should get you to the season cap in two weeks. You can cut that time short by doing actual PvP of course. It's not the quickest way to get weapons, but it has the not-inconsiderable advantage that you're certain to get it.

I can think of the dagger relic found in the Dread Wastes, Wind-Reaver's Dagger of Quick Strikes. (I can't link items) I really wanted this one when I just hit lvl 90, but it was really camped at that time - you might be able to find it a little easier these days.
    It's ilvl 450... but at least it isn't a green :P
    Or if you have a buddy that is a blacksmith, he can make you a dagger - mats aren't so bad for the 463 ilvl one.

I would just keeping queue'ing for MV & ToES - it took me many months to get my sha-touched dagger (over 20 weekly kills, so 5 isn't so bad) - it was even after they did away w/ upgrading items so I'm stuck w/ it until I get new daggers.

I've also had awful luck w/ dagger drops - but as you know... rng sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    RNG is indeed RNG, and she's a capricious bitch. Been trying to get Lei Shi's sha-touched dagger for months now, with no more luck than you.

You could run the Isle of Thunder PvP dailies, they award 525 honor a day, which should get you to the season cap in two weeks. You can cut that time short by doing actual PvP of course. It's not the quickest way to get weapons, but it has the not-inconsiderable advantage that you're certain to get it.
    Ah, I didn't even think of doing the Isle PvP dailies, that's a great idea. I'm about half way through Revered with the Sunreavers and with all the LFRs and dungeons I'm running I usually valor cap in 2-3 days, so I should be able to easily make the switch.

I really wish there were some valor weapons available, even if they're not as good, just so I could get something. For classes like us where so much damage is based on our weapon it really hurts. I look like such a noob with 4pc T14(though I did just get 2pc T15, not sure if I want to break the set yet) but a green dagger.

Klaxxi to exalted, u can buy 463 daggers with gold.

i been using those for a really long time. after spending every single elder charm (3 a week since charms were released) on lei shi, i finally got lucky last week getting the lfr one.

Deleted
    When you are exalted with the Klaxxi you can buy a 463 dagger.
    Otherwise, just keep doing those dungeons, your luck will eventually change

You think your luck is bad?

I'm still using a NORMAL mode Dagger of the Seven Stars and RAID FINDER Dagger of the Seven Stars.

To put this in perspective--I have an average ilvl of 517. I have 522 4pc, HC TF trinket, etc., have cleared ToT + Raid Finder + coins every week, only on dagger bosses.

No daggers from Mag/Qon or any shared loot/bags/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by broggernaut View Post
    You think your luck is bad?

I'm still using a NORMAL mode Dagger of the Seven Stars and RAID FINDER Dagger of the Seven Stars.

To put this in perspective--I have an average ilvl of 517. I have 522 4pc, HC TF trinket, etc., have cleared ToT + Raid Finder + coins every week, only on dagger bosses.

No daggers from Mag/Qon or any shared loot/bags/etc.
    That's pretty much my Alliance Rogue. Been raiding since the begining of the expansion, only missed maybe 1 or 2 boss kills, did raid finder every week, multiple times for extra coin loots and he's STILL to this day using the normal Stone Guard dagger and the Winterveil Tree dagger. I was really hoping it was just a fluke but now going through it again on my new Horde Rogue is really getting frustrating...

I've yet to see normal dagger of the seven stars. Although I did get normal spiritsever on our second normal lei shi kill and lfr spiritsever on my first lfr lei shi kill. Those are the only time those daggers have ever dropped. My bad luck this expansion has been tier pieces. So far I have not one piece of T15 (lfr or otherwise) and I got my 4th piece of t14 one week before t15 launched.

I'd have to say the worst luck I've ever had with a single piece of loot were the shoulders off Morchok. It took 23 weeks to get it. I already had the legendary daggers before those shoulders dropped.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-04-24 at 03:26 PM.

Don't understand this. 7250 honor for the season gets you access to lvl 470s from pvp. You can get that in a 8-10 hours and its guaranteed.

If you were complaining about raid drops you'd have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    I know you won't like this answer; but RNG is RNG, tough luck.
    We have raided for like half a year now (since week 1 MoP raids were open) and we still haven't gotten a single mail caster belt for our ele shaman. This includes bonus rolls on Feng in MSV and Tsulong/Lei Shi in Terrace. He used the PvP malevolent belt for all of T14 and Tyrannical up until last week, when he bought the spirit/crit (worst stats for ele sham btw.) belt from the new valor vendors.
    Unfortunately, it is true. At the start of the expansion I had the issue on my warlock, later, when I had leveled my moonkin, I got every single weapon in the first LFRs I did - just ALL weapons available dropped for me in that same day, running them once.

But then, for melee it's much worse. But that's a discussion apart, whether so much damage should come from your weapons.

I was running my first kill of Lei Shei on LFR and got 2 Spiritsevers. One from drop one from bonus loot. RNG is really a terrible thing, but it is a must. Get the Malevolent Gladiator's Daggers if nothing else. They take like 2 days to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Don't understand this. 7250 honor for the season gets you access to lvl 470s from pvp. You can get that in a 8-10 hours and its guaranteed.

If you were complaining about raid drops you'd have a point.
    I had considered that before, but I wasn't sure how long it would take to get to that honor amount and wasn't sure if it would be better spending my time spamming dungeons. I definitely will aim for it now. I just think having to do PvP due to horrible luck is kinda of crappy. Also, yes you can get the two honor daggers but they're still lower than even the LFR PvE daggers.

I really don't have a problem with RNG and random loot, but atleast give us something to get via justice/rep/valor even if it's not the best out there, it's atleast something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar experience back in ICC, and made it through 6/12H with 245/232 daggers while bemoaning my fate (I wasn't going that quickly at the time... I got my first ICC dagger at the 20% buff). It sucks.

If you need a stopgap - grab a friend, do arenas. The new system allowing you to get all of your missed conq. for previous weeks may make it a tedious grind, but a grind you can do in 1 day. That should hold you until you get some raid weaponry.

Deleted
    I had this problem, forced to play combat with a raid finder sha-touched weapon.
    It does end. I persuaded my guild to let me do Megaera/Iron Qon every week instead of another dps, and a dagger finally dropped. It was even thunderforged. Don't give up!

Do you have non dagger weapons? If so, just use those while you gear up. Odds are if you run the lfrs and coin all the bosses that drop daggers, you won't have to wait too long... but some people do end up unlucky.

I'm not sure that the 470 pvp daggers are better than the 463 blues you can buy with gold from rep (pvp weapons only have 1 secondary stat), but the 498 pvp conquest daggers certainly are and I suggest you start working on that in case you continue to have bad luck which is entirely possible. You don't want to look really foolish 5 weeks later still using blue weapons like the guy in that other thread who has apparently been stuck with a 463 OH for quite a while.

Turn JP into honor, that counts towards season cap. You can do season cap in a day, maybe 2, just doing dungeons and WG/TB.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    always had the same problem but at least in DS i could buy the first stage of legendary dagger the first week, seems like the only tier i had weapons from the start lol

How about the blue weapon from the Arena of Annihilation scenario…?

I am currently rocking a pair of LFR weapons myself, MH is the mace from Dark Animus (tmogged into Hanzo Sword) and OH is the Claws of Shek'zeer fist weapon (tmogged into Void Talon); both have the prismatic socket from Wrathion with _160 AGI gems in them; and the Sha-Touched OH, of course, has the +500 AGI gem as well…

REALLY wish Blizz would give me the option of using my Fangs of the Father as tmog items though…! And on more than just daggers, I like Combat and would like to use the best swords/maces/axes/fists available, but also be able to make them LOOK like my Legendary Daggers…!

The only other option I see is for Blizz to create additional quest lines for those who possess Legendary weapons to work through and upgrade our Legendaries to current tier stats; heck, make it cost 10k gold or more as well; I am sure plenty of folks would love to continue rocking old Legendaries and would pay the taxation…!!!