Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    We have 2 of our tanks get 3 adds each and cleave them down really fast, so that's 6 adds into a massive straight away. Two of our casters put their adds into an inactive large immediately, then hopped on the boss. That leaves 4 adds which are sitting on other people. 3 of these we put into the massive bringing it to 9/9. The last add we just let sit on our tank for the rest of the fight so it would take the empower stacks instead of the massives. Shortly after the initial 6 adds were taken care of the 2nd tank went and filled the other massive up with 9 inactive mini golems. After some practice we were getting both golems filled nearly 45 seconds before the first siphon.

    As for what to DPS, yeah you hit the boss after you have agro on your golem.

    So let me get this straight, on the first siphon you have up 2 massive, 1 large and 5 small (1 active and 4 inactive) up? How early do you end up getting the Interrupting Jolts this way? And after a few siphons do you ever kill the large inactive to fill the massive back up to buy a bit of time?

    My guild hasn't worked that much on this boss but the way we are trying to do it basically gives our dps no opening time on the boss because we fill up all 3 large inactive golems, but the way it sounds in your strat is you have at least 2 dps, if not more, on the boss at the start which is very appealing.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalliope View Post
    So let me get this straight, on the first siphon you have up 2 massive, 1 large and 5 small (1 active and 4 inactive) up? How early do you end up getting the Interrupting Jolts this way? And after a few siphons do you ever kill the large inactive to fill the massive back up to buy a bit of time?

    My guild hasn't worked that much on this boss but the way we are trying to do it basically gives our dps no opening time on the boss because we fill up all 3 large inactive golems, but the way it sounds in your strat is you have at least 2 dps, if not more, on the boss at the start which is very appealing.
    That would mean you get jolt at your third siphon (8 anima per siphon x 3 = 24, 52+24 = 76).

    To be honest the fight isn't a dps check anymore, it's a stay alive fight. Ofcourse the more dps you have the less time you have to stay alive but I'll try to explain what we do ( we allways kill him around 94-96 anima with 3 heal 3 tank).

    At start each tank grabs 3 small adds close to a massive (1 tank of boss with 1 small add aswell) and we help our tanks finish 1 or 2 of those small adds to relieve pressure of them. After that we fill up all 3 large inactive ones. After that is done every dps can go back to nuking boss full time pretty much since tanks doesn't need help with killing the rest due to vengeance/only killing inactive ones. I'm usually free of my add and able to start tunneling the boss 15-20 seconds into the fight.

    We blow bloodlust in the start since we just found that most effective for us and it helps alot with killing off everything.

    After 4th siphon (same time as first jolt) 2 of the tanks take 1 massive each over to a large inactive golem and kills it so the massive is filled up again.

  3. #63
    Yea that's basically how we were doing it before but I guess we are just too slow on getting everything into the large and massive golems so we had no dps on the boss for awhile. It's probably something we'd get faster with practice and more attempts but with that other strat I feel like the kill time would be much, much quicker having a couple of dps with pots, cooldowns and lust on the boss at the pull and also things like matter swap would become much more manageable since we can have everyone in place much quicker and won't have tanks running around on the far sides of the room as long.

  4. #64
    what do you mean by "After that we fill up all 3 large inactive ones" ?
    u kill 2 active golems on each ?

  5. #65
    Hey,

    Just started working on Animus this evening.

    Comp: 2tanks/3heals/5dps (lock,mage,2 rouges, ele) will have boomy/hunter/dk available next raid aswell

    We have rogue doing anima rings, thats np.
    We got lock for soaking matter swap on 1 side and mage on other side. (mage is way worse compare to lock obiviously)

    Anybody from EU (if it matters) can share this week add (inactive/active) split up in his room and how you handle that? Since it seems we are lacking time in p1, due to this setup.

    We got a strategy withc critical points down, but what we lack is the good start positions it seems.

  6. #66
    our biggest problem is the double matter swaps early on, the 2 tanks because they are runnnig both sides killings adds with their massive will randomly get matterswap, even with me and a mage standing on opposites sides of the room at max distance. how do we stop this from happening? how do we stagger the spawning of the 2 massives?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    our biggest problem is the double matter swaps early on, the 2 tanks because they are runnnig both sides killings adds with their massive will randomly get matterswap, even with me and a mage standing on opposites sides of the room at max distance. how do we stop this from happening? how do we stagger the spawning of the 2 massives?
    There is not much you can do about it, if you have a mage and a lock at each side make sure they are standing far back so they are actually furthest away. Your tanks will not get "randomly" swapped. a) they have the debuff and you can't do anything b) they are furthest away and your mage/lock is noit doing what they are supposed to. But since you're 3 tanking you shouldn't have a problem at all with killing off golems until first siphon.

  8. #68
    My guild just got this tonight using Dorfie's strat (thanks for that post by the way). Filling up only 1 large golem left 2 of our DPS free to dps the boss so one of those dps, our hunter, just stood far out and took all of the early matter swaps. He stood near the entrance but to the left and then straight ahead of him, just slightly down from the left massive golem we had a mark down where anyone with matter swap would run to. This pretty much made it so only the hunter would be swapped and made our pulls much, much cleaner than they had been previously. And you never want to activate both massives at the same time. We found that if you activate the 2nd massive right when the second matter swap goes out it staggers them by about 7 seconds which is perfect timing so you have a second or two in between each one and never have them up at the same time.

    You also need to make sure when you have someone standing out to take matter swaps that you position him in a way that the 2 people being swapped will never cross over anima rings. Since last week they decided to not allow teleports out of anima rings and that includes matter swap (which is silly I think) so 1 dps can just take 9 stacks of that DoT and die.
    Last edited by Kalliope; 2013-05-31 at 05:44 PM.

  9. #69
    Any tips to do this without a warlock? we're getting around 15% wipes, we've got the strategy down, its just the matter swaps just before a jolt/after a jolt that's killing us

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    Any tips to do this without a warlock? we're getting around 15% wipes, we've got the strategy down, its just the matter swaps just before a jolt/after a jolt that's killing us
    Mages are pretty decent although not as good as warlocks. I was on matter swap duty for our kills beacuse we didn't have a warlock until a few weeks later.

    Ice barrier is a good 150k absorb with 25 cd so it's up very often, coupled with greater invis & iceblock for those later swaps with jolts at same time. Just make sure people arn't wasting their big survival cds early but rather save them for swaps + jolt at same time and rotate raid cds for as many jolts as possible

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    Yes he can, we have all ranged except warlocks (who are on matter swap duty) stacked and person who got font, use warlock gate and move to other side of room, you just need to be sure he wont be most far person to not get swap.
    Anima font range is under 40y? or does the player has to idle around somewhere far away in a corner.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    Any tips to do this without a warlock? we're getting around 15% wipes, we've got the strategy down, its just the matter swaps just before a jolt/after a jolt that's killing us
    PW:Shield and an early dispel works a charm if Jolt is incoming. Needs your priest to be on his toes with the boss timers though.

  13. #73
    We had a shadowpriest and boomkin stand out to soak anima swaps, and remember you can immmune it the moment you get it so that both parties dont take damage.

  14. #74

  15. #75
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,820
    No. It targets the lowest health active golem present in the encounter.

  16. #76
    We're trying different comps, i think we're going 3 tanks - 2/3 healers - 4/5 dps, but we have some doubts about "optimizing" the first 2 minutes of the fight, can someone explain it step by step please?

    Comp: Guardian Druid/Prot Warrior/Blood DK
    Healers: Disc Priest / Holy Paladin / MW Monk
    Dps: 2x Warlocks / Mage / Hunter / Boomkin / Elemantal Shaman / Enhancement Shaman / Rogue

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by xagonyx View Post
    We're trying different comps, i think we're going 3 tanks - 2/3 healers - 4/5 dps, but we have some doubts about "optimizing" the first 2 minutes of the fight, can someone explain it step by step please?

    Comp: Guardian Druid/Prot Warrior/Blood DK
    Healers: Disc Priest / Holy Paladin / MW Monk
    Dps: 2x Warlocks / Mage / Hunter / Boomkin / Elemantal Shaman / Enhancement Shaman / Rogue
    Just 3 golems on druid, 3 golems on warrior, DK get the boss and 1 golem. The tanks can nuke those 6 down instantly into a massive because they'll vengeance cap immediately (use all defensive CDs).

    So there is 6 golems instantly taken care of. That leaves you with 6 more actives at the start. Put 2 of those into an inactive large immediately. Then you have 4 left that will be on random ranged DPS/healers. Put 3 of those into your massive. It's now 36/36 anima and good to go.

    So you've got 1 golem left. Leave it at 50% HP sitting on a tank until it deactivates itself by losing all it's anima. This means it will eat all the empower golem casts and it won't actually cause the boss to be on higher anima because you'll kill an inactive one in it's place.

    For the 2nd massive, after one of the tanks is done at the start he can just wake it up by killing a random inactive golem, then go around in a circle and fill it up with 8 other inactive golems. Now you have two massives at 36/36 and it should only have taken 1 minute.

    Now remember that one large golem at the start that you put 2 mini golems into? After 4 siphons it will be at 4/8 energy and ur massives will be at 32/36. So drag a massive over to it and kill it to top it back up to 36/36. Doing this extends your enrage timer by 2 siphons, or about 30 seconds.

  18. #78
    Should our Warlock be specced into Supremacy if she's assigned to soaking Matter Swaps for Soul Link? Kind of confused exactly how Warlocks are good for this duty exactly. Spec aside, what talents does the lock take besides SL? Also we kept having issues getting Matter Swap on the Warlock, even when they were the furthest from the group. Anybody else have this happen?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Should our Warlock be specced into Supremacy if she's assigned to soaking Matter Swaps for Soul Link? Kind of confused exactly how Warlocks are good for this duty exactly. Spec aside, what talents does the lock take besides SL? Also we kept having issues getting Matter Swap on the Warlock, even when they were the furthest from the group. Anybody else have this happen?
    Anything except sacrifice. You just make sure the warlocks are always in the position to get swapped and then you just don't dispel debuffs, easy.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Anything except sacrifice. You just make sure the warlocks are always in the position to get swapped and then you just don't dispel debuffs, easy.
    why not dispeling the debuff? it should be dispeled after 5-6 sec .. no ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •