Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    why not dispeling the debuff? it should be dispeled after 5-6 sec .. no ?
    Because. If you dispel at 5 seconds on someone both targets take 50% damage and it costs your healers valuable gcds. If you don't dispel it all when the debuff expires the person it was on takes zero damage and the warlock only takes a 50% hit thanks to soul link. It results in less damage and less gcds from healers.

It also makes the damage very predictable. You can shield the warlocks for every swap and they barely take damage.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2013-06-09 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

we're going to progress on this beast next ID - 10man.

Our average Itemlevel is 532. Our DPS is not godlike, but its quite decent.

Tanks: BrM / Prot Pally (+ Prot Warrior as 3rd Tank)
    Heals: Disc, Holy, Resto Dudu, Resto Shaman
    DPS: (Fury), Rogue, 2x Fire Mage, Shadow, Warlock, Hunter

While this thread has a lot of good information and tipps, one question (that has been asked one month ago) stuck out though:

Is it possible with current gear levels to just "brute-force" this boss and only activate 1 Massive and Dump the Rest into 3 inactive Large ones?
    Or won't that ever be possible? (yes yes I know the fight mechanics)
    How much DPS would be needed for that to work? Or is it being done already?

Thanks guys!
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Deleted
    Looking at WoL there seems to be an asian kill where they ignore everything and just burn the boss, 6 people except the tanks have taken dmg from small golems so they probably tank 3 each. They both use the tanking meta which has like 50% uptime. But holy shit the first adds die at the 1 min 46 sec mark, tanking 3 as a monk is pretty scary even for 10 seconds on the pull.

I started thinking about a 1 massive tactic but this is the obvious tactic if you are gonna brute force him.
    Probably doable without asian ilvls but you probably need pretty much close to full heroic bis.

Deleted
    It's like 2m single target dps to kill it before enrage... Truly brute force. I would say next tier, but if they nerf tanks vengeance, not even next tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    Looking at WoL there seems to be an asian kill where they ignore everything and just burn the boss, 6 people except the tanks have taken dmg from small golems so they probably tank 3 each. They both use the tanking meta which has like 50% uptime. But holy shit the first adds die at the 1 min 46 sec mark, tanking 3 as a monk is pretty scary even for 10 seconds on the pull.

I started thinking about a 1 massive tactic but this is the obvious tactic if you are gonna brute force him.
    Probably doable without asian ilvls but you probably need pretty much close to full heroic bis.
    That logs looks totally scary and they did it with 2 tanks 2 healers. Just look at the damage taken spike when Full Power bolts happen as soon as he siphoned Anima twice and somehow they still managed to survive at that point.

Ps: 284 million hp + 157 seconds = 1.81 million raid dps required
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-06-11 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well - maybe I misslead you with "brute forcing"

I meant the only One Massive and 3 large inactive golem tactic. Is it viable now? Or still not possible
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Deleted
    You would have 3:20 to kill the boss. It's ~1,4 mdps on boss plus the needed to kill small adds. Dont think its doable.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    why not dispeling the debuff? it should be dispeled after 5-6 sec .. no ?
    If you're 100% sure Warlock is going to soak it, there's no realy need - Soul Link/absorbs will make sure they won't take that much damage. At worst, you can dispel at 2-3, if they'd otherwise die during Jolt.
    E: Hm, way late, bad refresh I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Checking the world of log of that chinese guild that forced the boss and killed in 2:37. I mean, we could use some healers that could DPS as well while healing (Monks or Priests) to help out....

Anyone can explain why it's not doable?
    Last edited by Ogait; 2013-06-11 at 03:35 PM.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    Espada is talking about the 1 massive tactic. With some napkin theorycrafting I have to agree, the asian tactic requiring 2m rdps is probably far more doable than 1 massive requiring 1,4m rdps, remember that these numbers are just on the boss.

Also you have to kill 15 small adds so either you could kill all 12 active and 3 inactive, but I doubt you'd meet the dps check if you wasted that much time not on boss.

Or you could theoretically have disabled placement so you can kill 13 disabled into massive/larges and kill 2 alive ones, this could be pretty fast but you'd have to handle 10 small golems for the rest of the fight similiar to the asian tactic, except you'd have slams/matter swaps and a longer fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Anything except sacrifice. You just make sure the warlocks are always in the position to get swapped and then you just don't dispel debuffs, easy.
    Sacrifice should be fine too, gives the lock more 20% more hp with SL since it doesn't have a pet, Making his healthpool much larger than anyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrstlol View Post
    Sacrifice should be fine too, gives the lock more 20% more hp with SL since it doesn't have a pet, Making his healthpool much larger than anyone elses.
    I've found sac to be too much of a risk. You'll be eating the full damage of the swaps which is just extra healing and wasted gcd's. Using gosup, you have both health pools to work with just like with sac, but you also have two soul leech shields (one on you, one on your pet). This means your effective health for the fight is much higher than a gosac lock and you wont find yourself getting gibbed by awkward jolts with swaps. It also means that you can maintain your own health when you dip on those jolt swap combos with mortal coil, healthstone/health pot rotation and your healers can focus more on the tanks and rest of the raid during jolts.
    Last edited by Fanatik; 2013-06-13 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrstlol View Post
    No. 50% dmg reduc is better than 20% more HP.

Deleted
    Someone give me a rundown of the best possible strategy with 2 tanks?

Comp:

Tanks:
    Pala
    Warr

Heal:
    Monk
    Pala
    Sham

DPS:
    Fire mage
    Boomkin
    Surv hunter
    Assa rogue
    Spriest

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    No. 50% dmg reduc is better than 20% more HP.
    Never said Sac was better, but it's still viable.

Also, No. Soul Link isn't a 50% damage reduction.
    The real benefit is Soul Leech doubling up, as the guy above you said.
    That, and being able to Twi Ward the SL damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    check out this guide on manaflask

Its about 25man, but in this boss particularly there is not much difference I b
    elieve.

http://manaflask.com/en/guides/dark-...-25-man-heroic
    i know this quote is old, but 10 and 25 animus differ tremendously, still they're both the 2nd hardest boss in tot, still they differ a lot.

Hey, we gonna Try Dark Animus Heroic Now.... we gonna 2 Tanks 3 Heal 5 DPS this but... i cant find any Guide how to 2 Tank this all Video Guides etc. i found about this Boss 10M Heroic were explained while using 3 Tanks... could someone explain me how it works with 2 (cauz we dont have a third and wont get one jsut for this boss)
    would be really nice if someone could help

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there, you necro'd a pretty old thread; there are loads of way more recent DA threads you could have chosen :P

Check this one out:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-for-our-setup

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the strategy my guild uses for DA HC:
    We progressed on this using the long strat - the zerg strat is a lot tougher without a Warlock so after 60 sub 2 minute wipes we gave up!

The key to the long strat, is getting every Small Anima Golem bar 1 (we left the one on the Dark Animus tank) soaked into Massives or Larges before the 2 minute mark.

We use:
    2 tanks (Prot Pala + Warrior or Brewmaster)
    6 DPS
    2 healers

On pull - Prot pala (me) takes 3 adds and kills them into a Massive. Everyone else takes 1 add each and 2 adds are killed into each Large.

I then run around killing all the inactive Small golems into the Massive, clearing one side then doubling back to activate the 2nd one once the first is full. I usually taunt one of the healer's adds in and kill it into the first Massive whilst running around (the ranged have already got the healers adds down to ~20-30%).

I activate the 2nd Massive and fill it with the inactives remaining near where the boss was at the pull, before clearing the other side and taunting the 2nd healer's small golem in. I usually reset my stacks at 5-7 depending on how the healers are doing with range on me (Divine Shield + instant cancelaura means you drop stacks but don't lose any thread on the Massives)

We do all of that without Heroism, in sub 2 minutes; this is dependant on RNG with the pull set up, early during progress it was taking 1 min 30 with a good layout, on our first kill it was right up to the 2 minute mark.

Once all of the small anima golems are dead except the one on the boss tank, we pop Heroism and nuke the boss. By the time this occurs, the boss is usually at 60-70% anyway, depending on how much damage people have got on the boss whilst helping get the healers golems whittled down or helping me when I call for it on the inactives.

When the boss gets to 64 energy, we kill the final small Anima Golem into the last slot in the massive, delaying the first interrupting jolt by 30 seconds or so. It does mean that the Massives get an extra stack of Empowered Golem, but the fight is pretty short in current gear levels.

We usually get 2-3 Interrupting Jolts before the boss dies, have a CD rotation for 4 and then adjust if you aren't going to need the 4th depending on your DPS.

IMPORTANT - Getting all the small anima golems except the boss tank's, killed and soaked into either the inactive large or the massive golems in under 2 minutes is the key to the fight with this strategy imo. Make use of speed increases like Stampeding Roar and bear in mind it'll take a few goes to get used to where your ranged DPS will need to help out the add clearing tank and where they can nuke the boss (usually I kill all of the inactive small golems alone as they are 1-2 shottable and it ensures that I place the Massive anima golem exactly where it needs to be to avoid any poor positioning causing larges to activate).

Getting hit by Anima Font is bad.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Dude this boss has been killed nearly 2000 times now and there are about 100 pages of threads about this boss on this forum alone and a sheer unlimited amount of guides/videos... and you want the people here to explain the boss to you? Go search for the information yourself its not that hard...

thx zabuzan

and the liebchen "dude" i wrote that i didnt found an 2 tank strat