Profession locked mounts (engineering)

Hey there,

What I'm curious about is, if I level an engineer on an alt and get the mounts (not talking about the new ones, talking about the cheap two from BC), will those two mounts count towards my MAIN's mount collection number? I ask because I am only 8 away from 200 on my main, and am looking for all possible ways to get those last 8 mounts before 5.3!

Just for the record, I have a tailor and the 2 carpet mounts DO show up in my mount list, but I can not mount them. I am unsure if they count towards my total or not though, as I have had them for years.

Thanks for any assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

They do count, just not every toon can use them. They have to have the profession skill to mount them, but they do count towards your total

Deleted
    Helicopters also appear on list, but you cant mount them... So i guess it is the same as Tailoring.

Thanks for the quick replies - guess I have an engineer to level

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.