Protection damage stats

I had a question I was hoping could be answered here. For heroic dungeons, what would be the stat priorities to maximize personal damage done, assuming the healer has a 500+ ilvl and knows in advance that there could be some extra damage taken? I was assuming getting the hit and expertise caps for heroics would be first but wasn't sure what to prioritize next. Would it be better to stack mastery or crit after capping hit/expertise? Thanks.

just use pve dps gear then and try to maximize crit after having hit and expertise cap. I don't really see why you'd want maximize mastery if you're after dps.

Deleted
    Mastery is an *ok* DPS stat when solo tanking due to it activating Enrage from Critical Block's however due to the fact that you are multi mob tanking 90% of the time in heroics and should be doing trash packs ontop of each boss, crit is going to be your most powerful stat to cap after Hit / Exp and obviously running with as much strength as you can find due to the low vengeance in 5 mans

Deleted
    Just go with tank bits, this way you can pull more than in dps gear = more veng more DPS. Still hit/exp caps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Just go with tank bits, this way you can pull more than in dps gear = more veng more DPS. Still hit/exp caps.
    Incorrect, there isn't really a point in heroics where you would be limited on how much you can pull by being in decent ilevel DPS gear relative to tank gear

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the first reply. If you want to do more damage in 5mans, and are safe with your healer, stack crit after hit/exp. cap.