Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Cross-realm arena if they want anything more than 7 free days from me, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I don't think I'd come back even if the game reverted back to exactly the way it was at my favorite time in WoW history. My time with WoW ran its course.

I'm still interested in how the game evolves, and I still like reading the thoughts of people who play, which is why I still come here. But when I played the game myself, I think the circumstances were just right for me to fall in love with it. I had enough free time, I was young enough to immerse myself and not feel guilty about neglecting other things, and the people I played with were all pretty much the same age and in the same stage of life as I was. Not to mention, the graphics weren't as outdated, and WoW was the darling of all the PC gaming magazines, so I felt like I was where all the excitement was. Not that hype is what makes a game great, but it definitely helped for the morale of the community to be playing a game that was constantly being called the greatest thing ever.

Anyway, if I did start playing WoW again, I'd feel like I'd just be temporarily revisiting some old game I used to like. It's like how I love Mega Man X, but I wouldn't commit myself to playing Mega Man X on and off for several months/years in a row. But I may play it just for nostalgia for a couple minutes and then think, "What a great game this was. Those were the days."

Quote Originally Posted by Drfireburns View Post
    LOL

10 Char.

[This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    He's right. The game was bad, but it was good.

The game is currently good, but it is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

If you left WoW, why do you hang out in the WoW section of the forums? Do you really have nothing better to do?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    Who is "we" and why do you (or them) feel we're not entitled to call it vanilla?
    You can call it whatever you want, I tend to refer to it as classic

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    He's right. The game was bad, but it was good.

The game is currently good, but it is bad.
    Like the old joke from the cold war.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. But under communism, it's the other way around.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I don't think there is anything they could do. After 6 years of playing it since it released, I just got tired of the game. By now everyone that I knew has quit playing for a while and my friendships in game were what kept me there for the last 3 years that I was there.

There are a lot of things they would have to change for me to come back I think. It would probably just be better for them to make a brand new game than to implement all of the changes I would like.

only way i see myself coming back is when they server merge

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Like the old joke from the cold war.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. But under communism, it's the other way around.
    One of my favorite jokes, always gives me a chuckle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Isn't it obvious? The problems of classic and TBC are well-documented and talked about.
    And yet, I'd rather have that than what we have now.

Look at me, I hit a few buttons on my keyboard in the game, where is my free legendary lewts?

GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    When content appeals to me, I come back. This expansion the content has appealed to me from the start. Last expansion the content didn't appeal to me until 4.3. In Wrath I unsubbed shortly after Ulduar because despite it's current status as "bestest raid evahhhhh!" it was extremely dull at the time. I came back for ICC and then unsubbed shortly after we'd finished it.

I may sit out 5.3 and return for 5.4.

If WoW went F2P I'd pretty much never touch it again. If WoW went back to the "core values" of vanilla I'd likely never play it again either as the time commitment to do well in Vanilla was pretty insane.
    Wow, I basically agree with everything you said (apart from sitting out 5.3).

1. Ulduar was a good raid, but got dull real fast at the time.
    2. WoW F2P sounds like a terrible idea.
    3. Despite the fact that it could never go back to Vanilla "core values", if it did, I would be pretty upset. I don't have the time to play/raid like I used to back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunhild View Post
    I'm still currently playing.
    But i bet, if they announced something along these lines:
    - Next expansion will be the last one, we are shutting down world of warcraft after this;
    -You will be fighting Sargeras on the last raid, the lich king will return to fight side by side, the aspects, all the good titans, and illidan aswell;
    -Azeroth will implode, of so much boss fights, it will not be able to sustain our accumulated power's;
    -We will be moving to another planet;
    -On this new planet peace prospers, we leave thousands of years of it. The powers we accumulated are long forgotten, and/or some of them passes through generations, kept in secret;
    -A evil resurfaces;
    -Powers are needed again;
    -Lady's and gentlemans i present you Titan.
    no green text.
    Alot of people would return, hehe.
    Lol, that would do the opposite for me. I would be pretty damn upset that the game was ending. I'm looking forward to whatever Titan may be, but I would still like more WoW expansions.

They would have to remove pandas from the game, in fact, they'd have to remove virtually everything added in mop, and more than half the things in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Would you stay away as long as the game doesn't become free to play, or would you return if the next expansion or the one after turned back to core Warcraft values and/or focused its PVE gameplay on fun/skill instead of pure grind? (overhaul of the current 8 year old system)
    I'd return if they made WoW and MMORPG again. Right now it's nothing more than a theme park MMO with little to no community. When the MMO genre was born, it centered around simply putting people into a virtual world and allowing them to make it their own. And, there was a certain amount of mystery. Now, people are shuffled through the rides and it feels extremely commercial. Very much like a theme park. WoW doesn't embody the original MMORPG genre at all anymore. It more closely resembles a facebook game, which, as an avid MMORPG guy from it's inception, is way, way far away from the genre that I love.

Deleted
    I will most likely stop playing WoW soon , but I will 100% return when the new expansion comes out .

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    I'd return if they made WoW and MMORPG again. Right now it's nothing more than a theme park MMO with little to no community. When the MMO genre was born, it centered around simply putting people into a virtual world and allowing them to make it their own. And, there was a certain amount of mystery. Now, people are shuffled through the rides and it feels extremely commercial. Very much like a theme park. WoW doesn't embody the original MMORPG genre at all anymore. It more closely resembles a facebook game, which, as an avid MMORPG guy from it's inception, is way, way far away from the genre that I love.
    WoW has always been a theme park MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Would you stay away as long as the game doesn't become free to play, or would you return if the next expansion or the one after turned back to core Warcraft values and/or focused its PVE gameplay on fun/skill instead of pure grind? (overhaul of the current 8 year old system)
    When has WoW ever not been about grind?

You grind to 60, 70, 80, 85, 90... (quest)
    You grind dungeons
    You grind enemy faction players
    You grind the same ~12 bosses in a raid for 4-6 months

It's been this way since 2004, and will never change. I still play, but expecting the grind to change would be expecting them to give a free Ashes of A'Lar to everyone...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

tbh in the current state you would be lucky if i played for more than a month if it went f2p and probably not even that depending on the model they would use.
    And i don't think they could add much of anything other than old AV that would lure me.
    I don't see why the can't add vanilla/tbc/wotlk servers for those that want to use them...surely there must be a few hundred thousand people that would be lured back with something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I would return as soon as they make normal raiding easier. Without reasonable normal mode difficulty I don't want to play.
    They made LFR for people like you
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    oh god the first comment had to be someone who can't read "work in progress". Why do you hate me sorry? Why? Why???????????

The OP question is kinda pre-loaded.

I am eager to return, love WoW, but into Cata and MoP I think there were many systems implimented that, while they achieved intented goals effectively, they had great long-term unintended consequences. The biggest , but not only, being LFD/LFR. Atleast in the case of me and the fate of my guild, it was a disproportionate exchange of quantity at the expense of quality.

With the implimentation of LFD/LFR combined with time-gating of almost all end-game content (dailies/point caps/lockouts/resets) the game highly incentivizes playing efficiently and penalizes playing socially. Into MoP it was near 100% I would log in to WoW and find everyone in the guild frantically trying to get X dailies done before the end of the day, else they fall behind by a day - too busy to group up for something. Or trying to hit 90 as fast as possible to get into Heroics/LFR as soon as possible - grouping up will slow down that process and they can LFD/LFR and guildies can get to 90 when they get to 90. At the end of Cata is was trying to get finish LFR/LFD to hit point caps and drops before reset.

This did not happen for lack of want to do things as a guild, but the reason everyone experienced was "The better I and my toon are, the more help I am to the guild." While true, there are no longer any landings or plateaus to regroup as a guild - just one long tall climb everyone is conquering individually with a few people at the top, staying at the top, playing together at the top, and everyone else strewn in-between and near nobody in the same place. So, LFD/LFR became the go-to tools for "grouping" but in short order became a drudgery of re-running over & over & over with random people that sometimes may or often not facilitate an enjoyable experience.

Long story short - I found I didn't enjoy logging into an MMORPG to play alone. In WoW people no longer matter - loot, points, dailies & lockouts do. Will probably not return unless this changes. They should have implimented LFR difficulty without the hyper-atomated impersonal LFR farming group tool. It works too well and I think there where better ways to have addressed the problems of Classic, TBC, WotLK but still kept the things great about them that have been lost in the transition.