Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,496
    No I won't return. After 8 or whatever years it's been since vanilla I've grown genuinely tired of the concept of swords & magic.

    I want something new, like a first person survival MMO. Skyrim meets DayZ type of game. Maybe Titan will deliver, we shall see.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And there exist people from all fandoms that will go to lengths to convince you that they are better in some way by rubbing in your face how terrible they think others are?

    And the hypocrisy is completely lost on them.

    If you really were better such actions would be beneath you. But it isn't, so you aren't.
    So stating something that I feel is a fact makes me just as bad as someone who makes racist comments in trade chat all day long or someone who ninja loots.

    Would it make you happy'er if I said out of all the game community's I have played it in my personal opinion WOW's was the worse or at lease in the top 3.

    I really feel you have taken offence to what I said and if you did that really is not my problem. I did say that there is a few good people in wow but it is by far the worse.

    It has 9 million people so the chance of it being the worse is high just for the simple fact it has the most people out of any gaming community.

    All I did was state my opinion that you clearly didn't like could really care less if you think that I am just as bad as them for doing it.

    But I will say your logic is really flawed since you see it that way.

    This is a thread with a topic and I stated my opinion in the thread with no intent to troll or piss anyone off but I guess to you that isn't ok to do is it.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  3. #143
    Pandaren Monk skatblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,890
    Ill be back when they release a vanilla server or maybe ill try out the next xpac. Probably not though

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I really feel you have taken offence to what I said and if you did that really is not my problem.
    Why yes Mr. Pot, I am rather black.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  5. #145
    Why do people that quite even post here,kinda like a new rabbi hanging out at the hormel plant

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Why yes Mr. Pot, I am rather black.
    Thx for proving my point you have been real helpful.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 05:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    Why do people that quite even post here,kinda like a new rabbi hanging out at the hormel plant
    Because some like myself still like warcraft even tho we don't like what wow has turned into or is just taking a break from it.

    there is no rule saying you have to be playing wow to comment on it if there was the forums would have a lot less people and topics.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thx for proving my point you have been real helpful.
    It's always so damn funny the people who try just so damn hard to convince everyone they don't care. They get all uppity about people questioning what they said, nevermind that they are doing the exact same thing to others in the thread.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Neirvero View Post
    You seem to have a grudge on your shoulder...want to talk about it?
    Is it so unbelievable that people can dislike a game just because?

    I wouldn't come back to WoW, even if they paid me minimum wage to play it.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    No grudge. I'm just resolute when I make a decision.

    When I break up with a guy, I'm done with him.
    When I sell an old, broken down car I don't buy the same old, broken down car. I get new wheels.
    When you take your clothes off, do you throw them away?
    When you eat a sandwich, do you never eat that sandwich again?
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    When you take your clothes off, do you throw them away?
    When you eat a sandwich, do you never eat that sandwich again?
    When you throw away several years of life on a game and finally realize how much you could've done otherwise, no, you don't do it again.

    And besides, your analogy doesn't work. You wouldn't eat the same sandwich. You'd eat a newer one, a fresher one (new game/hobby), not one that you've already shat out.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    When you throw away several years of life on a game and finally realize how much you could've done otherwise, no, you don't do it again.
    Is it really throwing it away when it's time you set aside to just do whatever the fuck you wanted?

    I have time to be productive. And I have play time. It's not hard.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I would return as soon as they make normal raiding easier. Without reasonable normal mode difficulty I don't want to play.
    Hahaha
    Filthy casual.

    [This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2013-04-25 at 01:46 PM.

  13. #153
    why i quit:

    Was raid leader for my guild, and I marathon-levelled a monk to be sure i had time to gear up and raid... and then hardly anyone else was ready when we were supposed to start. Got tired of trying to find quality players that fit our raiding schedule. We weren't progressing anywhere near as fast as i would have liked, and when we lost a few raiders, i decided to call it quits rather than try to replace them. Add in the fact that keeping up with dailies felt more like a job than a hobby, i got burnt out on MoP pretty quick.

    what it would take for me to come back:

    i honestly don't know. i wouldn't mind coming back to raid with friends, especially if i found a good group to go with... but i can't even see myself logging on to do anything but raid, because dailies just don't seem like interesting or fun content to me. I suppose i could just ignore them, but the completionist in me would cringe every time i looked at my reputations tab and/or achievement pane. At this point, i'm waiting for TESO. if it's good? huzzah. If it sucks? i might just be done with MMOs.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    There is almost nothing I hate more than free to play games.
    Countless travesties and injustices go unchecked in the world, and this man chooses to hate free shit.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Would you stay away as long as the game doesn't become free to play, or would you return if the next expansion or the one after turned back to core Warcraft values and/or focused its PVE gameplay on fun/skill instead of pure grind? (overhaul of the current 8 year old system)
    The grind is what keeps people playing this game, so it would be stupid to get rid of it.
    A free to play model would just keep WoW on my hard drive is not the reason I would play it, although P2P model is pretty outdated even for a game like WoW, but it makes total sense for them to keep having it and will(9.6 million subs).
    I will probably come back next expansion because I like where the game is heading anyway. What I would like to see personally? More ways to progress your character and tone down the "raid or die" mentality, more focus on PvP and the world, more things to do in general for example make actual crafting , not the stupid time sink it is now etc.

  16. #156
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So why would someone else's enjoyment ruin yours and before you say "Because the f2p community is immature and bla bla bla" WOW has the worse MMO/Gaming community I personally have ever seen so even that part wouldn't change.
    I would agree with MMO (only cause its the biggest mmo in the western market), but for gaming its gotta be CoD or LoL no contest, but WoW can be a solid 3 or 4 for sure.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-04-25 at 06:22 AM.
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  17. #157
    High Overlord Hadoouken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed !!!
    Posts
    162
    I've been playing this game for 5 years and i can assure you that the day Warcraft becomes free to play is the day that ill leave...

    I will never ever quit this game, i enjoy every bit of it.

    But for the people who left in prev expansions, and are back to MOP i know they are enjoying it a lot and they are not even PVPing or PVEing...

    The game is in its ultimate place and will be better in the future.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    It's not so much that TBC was bad, but more so that the game has greatly improved since then.

    For example, nobody looks back fondly on the raid model of separate 10m and 25m raids. Also, back then raids were hard. Now raids can be done in joke mode (LFG), easy mode (normal), or hard mode (heroic). And if you ask serious raiders in progression raiding guilds or world-first guilds, or if you do these heroic raids yourself, you'll see they're much harder than in TBC. So the game now offers more options: for the bad players, the good players, and the absolute best players.

    TBC was also the era of welfare epics because raids were hard and arena gear was easy to get. It was also plagued with severely overpowered classes in PvP, such as resto druids, SL/SL warlocks, frost mages, and rogues.

    It was also before the buff/debuff homogenization. So if no shaman was online for Heroism, your raid was over. Moreover, the lack of a catchup mechanism in raiding gear, meant that mid-tier raiding guilds were essentially training grounds for the top guilds on the server. Guild poaching was rampant, and the fact that the most geared players were poached made it hard on mid-tier raiding guilds to keep a stable roster or even keep the guild together.

    Isn't it obvious? The problems of classic and TBC are well-documented and talked about.
    no body... i dont think you can quite make that assumption for every person who has ever played WoW.. i quite miss seperate 10 and 25 man lockouts.... i miss running GDKPs doing content i enjoyed doing and getting paid todo it... there was nothing wrong with seperate lockouts... it was a choice not an obligation, i mean unless you wanted better gear then 25 man was the only option, but a lot more 25 man guilds exsisted back in the day too

  19. #159
    High Overlord Hadoouken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed !!!
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    Hahaha
    Filthy casual.
    "Filthy Casual" cracked me up man xD

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Would you stay away as long as the game doesn't become free to play, or would you return if the next expansion or the one after turned back to core Warcraft values and/or focused its PVE gameplay on fun/skill instead of pure grind? (overhaul of the current 8 year old system)
    1. For most people it has nothing to do with a subscription.

    2. I played WoW for more than 6 years and I find it the best game ever. The majority still thinks this way.

    3. I find Diablo 3 better suited at the moment (solo challenge, fast combat, no need to play daily, still advancing avatars)

    4. I probably will come back but it is hard to catch up in WoW once you left for 5 months. That's a real problem.

    5. I think WoW will last (almost) forever as the franchise is too big and the MMO competition is frankly ... terrible.

    ----
    Tldr: with the lack of a decent MMO competition, frankly most if not all players will come back eventually. If not within WoW, then with Blizzard's next MMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •