Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Question to people who quit the game

Would you stay away as long as the game doesn't become free to play, or would you return if the next expansion or the one after turned back to core Warcraft values and/or focused its PVE gameplay on fun/skill instead of pure grind? (overhaul of the current 8 year old system)

I would return as soon as they make normal raiding easier. Without reasonable normal mode difficulty I don't want to play.

Burning Legion expansion
    then let me get all my rep + other shit from an alternate route (running dungeons) instead of daily quests
    if you think dailies are fun, thats fine, but there's a huge portion of the population that actually likes playing the game (dungeons, battlegrounds, etc) rather than repetitive quests

Ask 100 people what the core values of Warcraft are and you'll likely get at least 50 different answers.

The little jab at the 8 year old system at the end is kind of funny when the very sentence before it seems to be praising Vanilla WoW. The game is only 8 years and 5 months old. I guess he's saying those first five months were fucking amazing or something...

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the part that confuses me:

...the one after turned back to core Warcraft values and/or focused its PVE gameplay on fun/skill instead of pure grind?
    while at the same time you say
    (overhaul of the current 8 year old system)
    At no point in WoW's history has it been more grindy than it was in classic WoW. Why would say that you want it to return to those "core Warcraft values" which included an incredible grind at level cap (by the time you even reached it after grinding out many levels on just mindlessly killing mobs) rather than the game as it is? There is little about World of Warcraft that is the same as classic. Aside from raiding (which was present at end-game) and PvP, there is:

- LFR
    - Heroic raiding
    - Arenas
    - Rated battlegrounds
    - Scenarios
    - Challenge modes
    - Soon to come heroic scenarios
    - Vanity gear sets (along with regular tier)
    - Pet battles
    - Achievements
    - Reputation grinds (for those that want them)
    - Plethora of mounts/pets to collect

You don't make sense. The game as it existed in classic is nothing like it is today. Even BC was a leap ahead but still far behind than today. I fail to see how that isn't an overhaul of an "8 year old game system"

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Would you stay away as long as the game doesn't become free to play, or would you return if the next expansion or the one after turned back to core Warcraft values and/or focused its PVE gameplay on fun/skill instead of pure grind? (overhaul of the current 8 year old system)
    I will never come back until they fix the reason I left.

Particularly, if the game is free to play. It would make be far less likely to come back. There is almost nothing I hate more than free to play games.

And, no I don't want classic WoW or TBC. The game was bad back then, and the community has moved on.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-04-24 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    I'm still currently playing.
    But i bet, if they announced something along these lines:
    - Next expansion will be the last one, we are shutting down world of warcraft after this;
    -You will be fighting Sargeras on the last raid, the lich king will return to fight side by side, the aspects, all the good titans, and illidan aswell;
    -Azeroth will implode, of so much boss fights, it will not be able to sustain our accumulated power's;
    -We will be moving to another planet;
    -On this new planet peace prospers, we leave thousands of years of it. The powers we accumulated are long forgotten, and/or some of them passes through generations, kept in secret;
    -A evil resurfaces;
    -Powers are needed again;
    -Lady's and gentlemans i present you Titan.
    no green text.
    Alot of people would return, hehe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what changes were made I could see playing again, but don't enjoy the game in its current state

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Never coming back
    2) No matter what they do
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    1) Never coming back
    2) No matter what they do
    You seem to have a grudge on your shoulder...want to talk about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Neirvero View Post
    Clearly from the sig, he's a GW2 fanboy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Just do not understand this entire statement at all.

Only Blizzard can decide what its "core Warcraft values" are.

It is different to every single player.

The people that I am close to that have stopped playing, are just bored of doing the same thing over and over again.

But this is EXACTLY how it has been since Vanilla, it is the very nature of MMOs.

If anything we get far more variety of things to do right now, but it is still repeating itself.

There is no company in the world that can produce content at a quick enough pace that would keep those people.

I personally am very happy with MoP and I love the amount of variety but its an old game and I am 100% sure that there will never be a sub based MMO with 12 millions subs ever again.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-04-24 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Speeling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    I will never come back until they fix the reason I left.

Particularly, if the game is free to play. It would make be far less likely to come back. There is almost nothing I hate more than free to play games.

And, no I don't want classic WoW or TBC. The game was bad back then, and the community has moved on.
    LOL

10 Char.

[This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-04-24 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a good 5 year or so run in WoW. I look back on it fondly.

Have tried to pick it up in Cata and in MoP, but never managed to get past the trial period. When I wasn't playing anything but WoW, I never really missed the high quality, sleek graphics of other games, but the second I took breaks I noticed them and now this is a point that I can't concede. Game is just too dated graphically for me to enjoy.

So, yeah, short of a complete graphic overhaul, less grind, less dailies, MORE "meaningful" (non zerg) dungeons with higher rewards and a return to single difficulty raiding, I probably couldn't be arsed to come back ever.

EDIT: to the guy who said dailies are the same as dungeons, no they're not - dungeons are a group/social activity.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-04-24 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No grudge. I'm just resolute when I make a decision.

When I break up with a guy, I'm done with him.
    When I sell an old, broken down car I don't buy the same old, broken down car. I get new wheels.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    Burning Legion expansion
    then let me get all my rep + other shit from an alternate route (running dungeons) instead of daily quests
    if you think dailies are fun, thats fine, but there's a huge portion of the population that actually likes playing the game (dungeons, battlegrounds, etc) rather than repetitive quests
    Repeatedly running the same dungeons is no different then repeatedly doing the same quests. The only difference is, you can only do those quests once a day, where a dungeon you can run as many times as you feel like. If anything, the dungeons are more of a grind then the dailies.

As for me, I don't know what would bring me back. I think the only thing that would do it is knowing I have a core group of people to play with and that they are actually going to continue to play it, not quit like my last group of friends did. Any amount of content could be put in game, but I don't think I'd come back without people to play with. I'd personally love to see a return to Vanilla and TBC styles though where if you want to see the content, you have to actually take the time to do so, not just hop in for 15 minutes, see everything, and log back out without having to ever talk to another player again. I miss the challenge, the non linear dungeons and raids, and hell, even the trash. Trash makes it feel like I'm actually doing something, not just going from one room to the next where the next boss is standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drfireburns View Post
    LOL

10 Char.
    ... ...What?!

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I would return as soon as they make normal raiding easier.
    Normals modes are pretty much don't stand in fire, attack boss, collect loot. How much easier do you want it to be? The fact that there is normal and heroic mode irritates me. I prefer the BC model with proper Linear Tiers of difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    She may just be done. That's how I feel. I've devoted 5 years of my life to WoW and finally, at the beginning of Pandaria, I started leveling and said... why do I kill these 10 crocodiles then run over to quest hub 2 to kill 10 bears? All reward that I felt I gained from the game was lost. I was also guildless and after being top 500 in NA for raids in Icecrown and Cata I didn't want to do that grind again.

There's a little part of me that wants to come back, that misses my character and her trusty companion (Hunter with a non-exotic ghost wolf). And I do spend time on these forums because I miss the community. But what I loved best about the game were the 5 man instances, getting a group together, getting everyone there, working towards a goal. These days it's que... join and don't say anything... mindlessly kill... sometimes the tank complains that I MD pull trash to him... and then everyone disperses. It's so impersonal and lost it's flair to me.

Then again... I'm probably just out of the gaming point in my life. Girls, cars, money... it all has more appeal than pixels these days. About time too, since I'm 27.
    Last edited by Nario64; 2013-04-24 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    Burning Legion expansion
    Dailies and quests are playing the game, just as much as dungeons are. Both are every bit as repetitive and static.