Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
    They made LFR for people like you
    I think he means LFR is (way too) easy, and Normal is too hard.

anyway....

I am quitting after family kids week or w/e ... need it for my final achievement.

The only way i would come back is epic lore. Pandaria really blew it for me in terms of Warcraft Lore.... it was too focused on Pandarian lore and the main Warcraft lore was secondary and i feel now its a bit too late.

I'll wait to see about a come back based on the next expansion.....
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    They would have to remove pandas from the game, in fact, they'd have to remove virtually everything added in mop, and more than half the things in cata.
    I still don't understand why you hate Pandaren so much.

There's nothing to justify how they're different from any other race.

Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Konker View Post
    While true, there are no longer any landings or plateaus to regroup as a guild - just one long tall climb everyone is conquering individually with a few people at the top, staying at the top, playing together at the top, and everyone else strewn in-between and near nobody in the same place.
    Yes, I had the same complaints, particularly about upgrading as implemented in 5.1. In service to the goal of giving everyone a reward for playing, they made it so that you had to chase that reward constantly.

They appear to have redone upgrading in 5.3 so it will be easier to cap your upgrades. Maybe that will help.

Making normal mode difficulty abut heroic difficulty is also a problem: if there is always a boss just out of reach, there is always incentive to optimize yourself as much as possible to try to get over that hurdle.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
    They made LFR for people like you
    No. I want to raid on a set schedule with the same people every time, and I want the difficulty to be somewhere between what LFR and normal is currently. Not so hard that you have to wipe for whole days to learn the fight, but not so easy that you kill everything on the second try.

Right now I am bored with a boss before I have even killed it once, which basically means that I can't be bothered to raid at all.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Isn't it obvious? The problems of classic and TBC are well-documented and talked about.
    I don't think anyone is arguing TBC didn't have problems. I think the issue is that in addressing problems and making improvement from expansion to expansion they have, in key areas, finally thrown the baby out with the bathwater. If those were important to someone, the game has died. If not, the game is better than ever.

My main issue is that they went from the extreme of having to be in a good, large guild of players to do much of anything (Vanilla, TBC) to incentivizing individual progression solo-play in everything up to normal raiding. I think they really blew right past the happy medium when they made raiding more accesible to individuals rather than making them more accesible to guilds.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried to quit for numerous reasons. I'm mostly waiting on character models to be updated. Honestly, my panda is the only thing keeping me around right now. There's plenty to do, but maybe I'm burnt out from something else - personal issue really.

I'm going to say it again since I think it really sums up the point where WoW lost the aspects I enjoyed most. The point when they made raiding more accesible to individuals rather than making them more accesible to guilds.

I would return if WoW went free to play.
    I will never play WoW the way I used to again though, I'm frankly too tired and bored of it, it's an old game with a dull outdated model to me. It has enough entertainment value to be worth playing without a sub just to try out the new dungeons, levels and maybe LFR or normals as they come out, but nothing beyond that, just the occasional login to mess around with friends.

I find a lot of people still playing are in fact bored of the game and don't realize it since it's been so long since they lived a life without WoW, and as such have trouble leaving it out of their daily life.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    There is almost nothing I hate more than free to play games.
    You should really form opinions on games based on their actual merits; not the business model they use to support themselves.

This is like hating a waiter because they make their money through tips with absolutely no regard to the kind of service they provide you with.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    1) Never coming back
    2) No matter what they do
    Then why follow and post on a (mainly) Warcraft fansite?

I have had my share of comebacks ranging from the 7 free days to "semi-hc raiding".

I usually buy 30days when time allows for a sink, otherwise family>career>games

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This is the part that confuses me:

while at the same time you say At no point in WoW's history has it been more grindy than it was in classic WoW. Why would say that you want it to return to those "core Warcraft values" which included an incredible grind at level cap (by the time you even reached it after grinding out many levels on just mindlessly killing mobs) rather than the game as it is? There is little about World of Warcraft that is the same as classic. Aside from raiding (which was present at end-game) and PvP, there is:

- LFR
    - Heroic raiding
    - Arenas
    - Rated battlegrounds
    - Scenarios
    - Challenge modes
    - Soon to come heroic scenarios
    - Vanity gear sets (along with regular tier)
    - Pet battles
    - Achievements
    - Reputation grinds (for those that want them)
    - Plethora of mounts/pets to collect

You don't make sense. The game as it existed in classic is nothing like it is today. Even BC was a leap ahead but still far behind than today. I fail to see how that isn't an overhaul of an "8 year old game system"
    Another point showing people don't know what they want. Some just want to rabble-rouse, some know they enjoyed the game more but have zero idea why and of course we have the folks that just want it all. Nothing like the ones that want all the cool stuff in the game and everything they have to be unique, yet they want it to be easy to get. Unfortunately easy to get things aren't going to be rare unless there is so much of it that it is only rarely used or seen because other pick different things.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    You should really form opinions on games based on their actual merits; not the business model they use to support themselves.

This is like hating a waiter because they make their money through tips with absolutely no regard to the kind of service they provide you with.
    It's probably because most games that go Free-to-play end up going from tolerable to terrible. Look at SWTOR for a good example of that. The game had issues, but it was tolerable. It went F2P and enjoyed a bit of a population bump, and now it's ridiculous. Everything, including the holiday fluff, hidden behind a paywall, and absolutely no seriousness at all left in the game with all the ridiculous cash grab customization stuff.

So from where I'm standing it's totally reasonable to be skeptical of a game transitioning into F2P territory until that game proves itself to handle F2P better than all the other current F2P games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    She may just be done. That's how I feel. I've devoted 5 years of my life to WoW and finally, at the beginning of Pandaria, I started leveling and said... why do I kill these 10 crocodiles then run over to quest hub 2 to kill 10 bears? All reward that I felt I gained from the game was lost. I was also guildless and after being top 500 in NA for raids in Icecrown and Cata I didn't want to do that grind again.

There's a little part of me that wants to come back, that misses my character and her trusty companion (Hunter with a non-exotic ghost wolf). And I do spend time on these forums because I miss the community. But what I loved best about the game were the 5 man instances, getting a group together, getting everyone there, working towards a goal. These days it's que... join and don't say anything... mindlessly kill... sometimes the tank complains that I MD pull trash to him... and then everyone disperses. It's so impersonal and lost it's flair to me.

Then again... I'm probably just out of the gaming point in my life. Girls, cars, money... it all has more appeal than pixels these days. About time too, since I'm 27.
    Why? What a simple question we should all ask about so many things most of all why we do the things we do.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    Burning Legion expansion
    then let me get all my rep + other shit from an alternate route (running dungeons) instead of daily quests
    if you think dailies are fun, thats fine, but there's a huge portion of the population that actually likes playing the game (dungeons, battlegrounds, etc) rather than repetitive quests
    theyve already done this
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'd come back if they lowered the price of the monthly fee to something more reasonable for such an old game. I'd also come back and pay full price if they updated all the old character models.

Deleted
    I'm still playing.

The parts of the game that I enjoy most, keep getting smaller and smaller as a % of the content pipeline (coordinated teamplay elements)
    The parts of the game I'm indifferent about keep getting larger and larger (solo features, random matchmaking, fragmented teamplay).

If it comes to the point where I can no longer justify paying as subscription for the parts of the game I still enjoy I'll probably close the account and not look back.
    I'll find something else to fill that void, I'm hoping there's still enough variance in the industry to accommodate different gamers needs.

I've let the account lapse a couple times but that's taking breaks, I wasn't thinking "I'm quitting the game" at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    I'd come back if they lowered the price of the monthly fee to something more reasonable for such an old game. I'd also come back and pay full price if they updated all the old character models.
    looks like you will be back soon then. orcs and dwarves have been done since before mists even came out, its likely the majority are done by now. they will probably show them off at blizzcon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I would return as soon as they make normal raiding easier. Without reasonable normal mode difficulty I don't want to play.
    Are you joking?
    Why on earth would they make it easier when there is LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    1) Never coming back
    2) No matter what they do
    ^ this and this and this