Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Would you stay away as long as the game doesn't become free to play, or would you return if the next expansion or the one after turned back to core Warcraft values and/or focused its PVE gameplay on fun/skill instead of pure grind? (overhaul of the current 8 year old system)
    I would only return to play Vanilla WoW on a Blizzard server or even TBC WoW on a Blizzard server. Blizzard pretty much killed everything I liked about WoW. Oh, I am a veteran player, started playing in Dec 2005.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    The only class I really enjoy are hybrids that actually have a good number of utility spells.
    To judge from recent treatment of priests, they're killing off hybrid utility as fast as they can.

Class legendary quests. When you play WoW now there's very little in the game itself that makes you get better at the class you're playing. How hard is it to put one or two class only, unique quests, into every zone that are crucial to teaching and learning the class. This is kinda like the warlock green fire quest, but there needs to be more of them.
    Blizz hates class-specific content. It gives them less player-content per developer-hour, and metrics like that are apparently what's most important at Blizzard.

Professions are fucked. Nuff said. They all look cookie cutter and identical. Blacksmithing, tailoring, and LWing, are THE EXACT SAME THING. Sure the bonuses are different but change the name and the raw material and its all the same. How do I make 50 items from ghost iron that are all different. In vanilla I would need to add an essence or an item that spawned in one location. Go kill someone to get an item. Professions are just the new time sink for your character once you reach max level (or before if you're cool). Last couple expansions professions have following this same formula, and very rarely have crafted items been obtainable only through being fucking awesome. Why cant I craft good belts, helmets, gloves, shoulders? The fuck? Why do I need raid materials to make every good item? Can't I just go get some rare item in the world to make it? Why can't I craft good weapons?
    Yep. Professions are trashed compared to vanilla/bc era profs. I suspect it's the same player-content per dev-hour problem that's basically eliminated class-specific content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Would you stay away as long as the game doesn't become free to play, or would you return if the next expansion or the one after turned back to core Warcraft values and/or focused its PVE gameplay on fun/skill instead of pure grind? (overhaul of the current 8 year old system)
    After a break of 1 year, a couple more months, i decided to give it a try, and accepted a scroll. And the game's gameplay looks like a mess. So many cool stuff removed, Shamans got a really lame job . Totems gonne, Totem UI gone... Even my spirit wolf action bar gonne. At this moment they look like fury, they fell like Fury, being my main a Fury Warrior waths the point of having 2 Enhancement or 2 Furys on the same server??

As for talents and glyphs, another lame job... I can't stop hating it, i can't tunne anything, i can't even play the way i have fun... And i'm not paying to play the way they think i might have fun, that is granted for sure.

Raids are another issue, how is raiding once a week better then raiding twice like in wrath??

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'd be back to WoW or MMOs regardless. Between RuneScape, WoW and Rift, it was enough grind to last me a very long time. I've switched to FPS gaming for my full time online gaming stuff since I can join a team, group up for a few matches for shits and giggles, and log off whenever I'd like. I was a major PvE guy in WoW and it got to the point where I really couldn't be bothered to gear up anymore or do dailies for currency or anything so I just quit. I feel pretty bad about not telling my guild that I had quit but I had already uninstalled the game without thinking. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Now I must ask how is the f2p "trolls" aka the f2p community worse then wow's at this time.

Wow has the worse community in any MMO and overall worse community in gaming.

Don't get me wrong there is a handful who are good people but for every 1 there is 20 who would rather sit in trade troll or ninja loot or just be assholes because they can.
    You clearly don't play LoL. Or f2p MMO's. Or Shooters like CoD.

I'm not saying that the wow community is innocent and pure, but it is faaaaaaaaar from the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yes, I had the same complaints, particularly about upgrading as implemented in 5.1. In service to the goal of giving everyone a reward for playing, they made it so that you had to chase that reward constantly.

They appear to have redone upgrading in 5.3 so it will be easier to cap your upgrades. Maybe that will help.

Making normal mode difficulty abut heroic difficulty is also a problem: if there is always a boss just out of reach, there is always incentive to optimize yourself as much as possible to try to get over that hurdle.
    Whats wrong with constant incentive to optimize yourself? That seems like a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Whats wrong with constant incentive to optimize yourself? That seems like a good thing.
    The person I was responding to was lamenting the lack of "plateaus", where the next step (if any) is a huge leap. Constant incentive for incremental improvement means you can never allow yourself to relax.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I would only return to play Vanilla WoW on a Blizzard server or even TBC WoW on a Blizzard server. Blizzard pretty much killed everything I liked about WoW. Oh, I am a veteran player, started playing in Dec 2005.
    I agree with this actually. It might not coincide with some opinions here, bit I agree with the quote above me. Things mattered back then, they really don't now, very simple statement but true for me. I quit just before MOP was released, couldn't hack it any more.

If Blizzard would release a BC server, I would sub for a min of a year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    Burning Legion expansion
    then let me get all my rep + other shit from an alternate route (running dungeons) instead of daily quests
    if you think dailies are fun, thats fine, but there's a huge portion of the population that actually likes playing the game (dungeons, battlegrounds, etc) rather than repetitive quests
    This is why I don't play any of my alts and won't play the next expansion unless these changes are made.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Clearly from the sig, he's a GW2 fanboy.
    I can understand why, friendly community and has a range of things to do for causals and hardcore players. Forget about hardmodes, try over 20 different levels of difficulty.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit for almost a year between early Dragon Soul and MoP launch.

I quit because Dragon Soul was shocking and also due to a Oceanic 2nd 25M raiding schedule starting to work less and less with my fulltime job + life.

I came back because I decided that MoP was worth it to me as a PVE player, rolled a brand new Pandaren monk and spent 4 weeks getting it to 90, and eventually found a new guild through pugging which raids 10 man 3 hours 2 nights a week, much better than the 5+ hours 4+ nights a week I was doing before I quit. Loving being back, loving my new class and loving the content that Blizz has given us so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, WoW is a bit too far gone imo. Now that I'm out I loathe the thought of going back in. It's just too much work. They tried to tempt me with a 7 day trial and I just imagined that I'd spend that entire time grinding like crazy, and by the end of that week my DPS would still be below average.