Legendary Meta: Discipline

Hey guys,
    atm i am using the mana gem, but i want to try the 30%haste meta gem for heavy atonement bosses. Has someone tried that? Does it proc good from Smite/penance?

Penance is a healing spell, and procs the healing meta, even when used offensively. I don't see why Smite/PW: Solace/Holy Fire wouldn't proc the dps one to be honest. Maybe even Mindbender?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I thought I read someplace (can't seem to find it now) that they made the proc rate coefficient really low for non-dps specs, i.e. disc, so that the dps meta would not be attractive. Plus you're also trading intellect on healing meta for crit on the dps meta. I don't think the haste proc will outweigh the loss from that alone. I only have 15/20 secrets so far, so can't tell you definitively.

The problem with the haste proc is to make it line up to where it will be useful(with all your CDs) you have to not use holy fire or smite at all until then basically, its just not worth it. That being said not to worry, the healing meta is absurdly good for disc and mistweaver and to a lesser extent holy priest/pally.(druids and shaman often go for the haste one because they can trigger it pretty much on demand and they have less they can do with the short proc) Make a warning in your addon of choice to know when it procs and get as many shields on people that will be hit in the next 15 seconds as you can and cascade/halo for free too, it will often proc again while it is up for 8-12 seconds of free casts. It's crazy. For reference on our about 5 minute dark animus normal kill last week I had just over 20% uptime on the buff from the meta gem and cast 124 power word: shields ending the fight around 70% mana.(this is the mid-high end of how good it will be)

I chose the DPS meta. A lucky proc right before stacking SS is quite nice.

On a 4 minute Toros-N kill, I had 5 procs at 20% uptime (compared to our Mage's 7 procs), did 58% of overall healing, and ranked #14.

My suggestion? Make friends with an Alchemist and play with both.

Has anyone done any math to figure out the healing meta's average mp5 equivalent? I suspect that you're better off getting the healing meta anyway and regem/reforge some spirit away if you don't need the extra regen rather than getting the dps meta.

It's mp5 equivalent solely depends on how good you are at reacting to a proc and casting your shields/90talent. On some Horridon attempts, I was sometimes leaving the second door with over 250k mana saved. I use the Courageous addon to track procs, uptime, mp5 and even what spells I cast and how many of each.

the dps meta has 1rppm iirc

not sure about the healing one zzzzzz

but id prob chose depending on the encounter tbh (id take dps on for attonement heavy fight)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplehazen View Post
    It's mp5 equivalent solely depends on how good you are at reacting to a proc and casting your shields/90talent. On some Horridon attempts, I was sometimes leaving the second door with over 250k mana saved. I use the Courageous addon to track procs, uptime, mp5 and even what spells I cast and how many of each.
    yeah I like that addon, I usually get around 3k mp5 from it most fights with about 15-18% uptime maybe a bit more sometimes its really ridiculous.

The Healer meta is miles ahead of the DPS one for Disc. It's quite literally a game changer it's worth so much Spirit when you utilize the procs properly. The DPS meta is brainless by comparison.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Penance is a healing spell, and procs the healing meta, even when used offensively. I don't see why Smite/PW: Solace/Holy Fire wouldn't proc the dps one to be honest. Maybe even Mindbender?
    I'm not sure if it's Mindbender of Power Infusion, but one of those two is proccing my meta when I cast my macro (those + my 3 min cd trinket are macrod together). Most likely Power Infusion.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    I chose the DPS meta. A lucky proc right before stacking SS is quite nice.

On a 4 minute Toros-N kill, I had 5 procs at 20% uptime (compared to our Mage's 7 procs), did 58% of overall healing, and ranked #14.

My suggestion? Make friends with an Alchemist and play with both.
    Care to post a log of that, to prove it? It's easy to spout numbers, but I (and i'm sure others) would like to see this log of you doing 58% of the overall healing and what are the actual causes of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    Care to post a log of that, to prove it? It's easy to spout numbers, but I (and i'm sure others) would like to see this log of you doing 58% of the overall healing and what are the actual causes of this.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iw...?s=6128&e=6368

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    The Healer meta is miles ahead of the DPS one for Disc. It's quite literally a game changer it's worth so much Spirit when you utilize the procs properly. The DPS meta is brainless by comparison.
    Horridon disagrees with you!

we are working on horridon heroic (not with huge success i might add, damn you 3rd door) so i was full spirit + courageous.

we went back for a normal kill, i used shadow/disc gear (8k spirit, 8k haste + sinister) going balls deep with attonement on the boss. it was too aggressive, i was oom after 3rd door and had to slack to regen, but finished the fight on 145k dps. translated into hps, thats alot.

TLR IMO for smite heave fights, the sinister meta gem is viable

Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    Horridon disagrees with you!

we are working on horridon heroic (not with huge success i might add, damn you 3rd door) so i was full spirit + courageous.

we went back for a normal kill, i used shadow/disc gear (8k spirit, 8k haste + sinister) going balls deep with attonement on the boss. it was too aggressive, i was oom after 3rd door and had to slack to regen, but finished the fight on 145k dps. translated into hps, thats alot.

TLR IMO for smite heave fights, the sinister meta gem is viable
    You're attributing your success with different reforges to your meta gem, which is absurd. If you wanted to provide a realistic comparison you would of only changed one variable, not three. I run with 8K spirit and the healer meta and have no mana problems whatsoever on Heroic Horridon.

PS: Going OOM on the third door as Disc is horrible. Why on earth would you want to do gear in such a manner where you go OOM with several minutes remaining on the encounter?
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2013-04-26 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    im not attributing any "success" to the meta. an easy kill is an easy kill. yes i went too aggressive, which i pointed out in my first reply. if we had of wiped and gone in for a 2nd run, i would have used a regen trinket instead of a throughput trinket, i know for next time.

im merely stating that dismissing the DPS meta as "brainless" is in itself, brainless. at the moment disc (on certain fights) are renowned for their attonement healing, why not increase its potency? im not saying that it should be at the sacrifice of running OOM half way into the fight, thats ridiculous. i included my remarks to give a fuller picture. I could have said:

"i reforged out of almost all of my spirit gear, used DPS trinkets and DPS meta gem and ended up on 145kDPS as a healer" which is true, but it would give the impression that i had no mana concerns, i did, so i stated it.

different horses for different courses. if you bubble spam, take all the mastery/crit and regen you can. if you use attonement alot, scale the regen back and take more throughput. no single way is correct, to dismiss alternatives is, as you say, brainless.

We would need a direct comparison only changing the meta gem. I got screwed again on secrets this week, so I'm still short. Is anyone willing to do some LFR testing? The gain in other stats from using the healing meta just seems like it would outweigh the haste proc on the dps meta to me. Not to mention you probably need more spirit to account for the extra haste instead of less with healing meta. I mean you're getting all that intellect and crit from the healing meta plus being able to run less spirit versus gaining crit and haste and needing more spirit. To me that's not a valid argument, especially with the atonement nerfs coming soon.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2013-04-26 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    We would need a direct comparison only changing the meta gem. I got screwed again on secrets this week, so I'm still short. Is anyone willing to do some LFR testing? The gain in other stats from using the healing meta just seems like it would outweigh the haste proc on the dps meta to me. Not to mention you probably need more spirit to account for the extra haste instead of less with healing meta. I mean you're getting all that intellect and crit from the healing meta plus being able to run less spirit versus gaining crit and haste and needing more spirit. To me that's not a valid argument, especially with the atonement nerfs coming soon.
    I run between 10 and 11k spirit (depending if i want to look pretty with my staff) and use the DPS Meta.

I plan on dropping more of Horridon trinket ever drops.

Could i technically go lower with healer meta? Sure. But i dont like having to randomly bubble people or use spells i otherwise wouldnt have just to get the "max manaregen" out of it. Plus I play 10man. My DPS isnt insignificant.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your DPS can be significant though. There are plenty of encounters where atonement DPS/healing is more than enough, on those encounters I would probably use the DPS meta.

The healing meta gem is absolutely massive though on encounters where you have to heal a lot though. Multiple PW:Shields for free or a halo/cascade for free is a lot of savings and HPS. Once I get the meta on my priest I'll have to evaluate, but I'll probably change more and more of my gems over to more throughput stats because 11k spirit seems like enough already.