Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Field Marshal Mindstripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    Wouldn't work at all, look at Vietnam for reference.
    When I say glass the whole area, I mean nuke it until it's nothing but radioactive glass. It wouldn't be like 'Nam because there wouldn't be anybody left to continue a guerrilla war.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I'm up for that if we can group up people like you into the same area. Would probably be enough to push the innocent civilian population outside the blast range.
    I wasn't saying that we should do that. I'm just saying that it could be done. And it would solve a lot of problems. But it shouldn't be done because while accidental civilian casualties aren't a war crime, nuking an entire region of the earth would be the very definition of a war crime. Sooooo....yeah. At any rate the solution here is, if everybody is so against drones, and so against civilian casualties where the enemies primary defense is that they hide among the civilians, is to withdraw completely from everything and re institute the non-intervention policy.
    Retired

    The Way is shut...It was made by those who are Dead...and the Dead keep it...The Way is shut..

  2. #202
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeus View Post
    I'm so sorry but no... chlidren become collateral damage in situations when they're surrounded by terrorist. It's unfournate.
    It was unfortunate but preventable.

  3. #203
    The Insane Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    18,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeus View Post
    I'm so sorry but no... chlidren become collateral damage in situations when they're surrounded by terrorist. It's unfournate.
    This is why it's so bad. We start accepting it. This also helps breed our enemies against us.


    EDIT: I don't believe N-7 is bashing NATO or the US. He's merely saying he disagrees what happens and doesn't like it.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  4. #204
    Banned Åmbulance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    3,510
    So N-7, i assume you never found what you accused me of, or by now you would have refuted me. There you go again, stating " facts" when in reality, you are wrong.

  5. #205
    Banned Hooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Most likely fresh off being banned!.
    Posts
    1,985
    If the terrorists didnt purposely hide amongst civilians, this type of thing wouldnt happen.

  6. #206
    Banned Åmbulance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    3,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If the terrorists didnt purposely hide amongst civilians, this type of thing wouldnt happen.

    It sadly would still happen, maybe at a lesser degree.

  7. #207
    The Lightbringer Celltrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Those kids probably died from starvation. Go look at the wounds from the boston bombings if you want to see what a real bomb looks like. I call bullshit on that photo.
    Logic called. He told me you left him half dead in the ditch, with his asshole the size of a cannonball.

  8. #208
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't care. You may be able to stomach it but I WILL NEVER EVER accept killing children. Never ever, I refuse to do it.
    Your opinion might change if it was you being shot at by a bunch of 12 year olds. Hard to believe I know, but it is true and it happens more than you would think.

  9. #209
    The Insane Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    18,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    Your opinion might change if it was you being shot at by a bunch of 12 year olds. Hard to believe I know, but it is true and it happens more than you would think.
    No it wouldn't but we're all sitting at our desks safe from that.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  10. #210
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    So N-7, i assume you never found what you accused me of, or by now you would have refuted me. There you go again, stating " facts" when in reality, you are wrong.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    I was unaware that you were there, and had first hand knowledge. My bad sir, continue spewing facts of the situation.
    was your reply to this
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    But it wasn't the case in this instance.
    which was a reply to this
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It is a common practice to use civilians as meat shields or to force soldiers to stop shooting. They are often hide in civilian houses (not abandoned) and shoot patrols from there.
    Also: replying to 10 different people at the same time is hard.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    inb4 "casualties of war"

    It's fucked up honestly, i thought the entire principle of unmanned drones was to reduce casualties on both sides?
    while i'm not to involved in this story, is there a possibility these "militants" use these civilians in their buildings they operate from thinking "ohh the US won't bomb our major bases now because we have civilians in them also"

    edit, it's already been said. might read the pages seems accusations flying from person to person, idk...
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

  12. #212
    Banned Åmbulance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    3,510
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    This

    was your reply to this

    which was a reply to this


    Also: replying to 10 different people at the same time is hard.
    Yes it is common place, but where in that statement did i say this is what happened in this instance? Oh i didn't. Nice try though.

    Edit: And my "I was unaware that you were there, and had first hand knowledge. My bad sir, continue spewing facts of the situation."
    Was in reply to you just telling how everyone else is dead wrong. Nothing to even do with my first statement.
    Last edited by Åmbulance; 2013-04-24 at 07:51 PM.

  13. #213
    Field Marshal Mindstripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Sucks when the Taliban hide behind women and children.

    What justice though? This stuff happens all the time in war. Compared to the millions of civilians who died in WW2, this is a cakewalk and we ain't even aiming for civilians.
    This guy here gets it.
    Retired

    The Way is shut...It was made by those who are Dead...and the Dead keep it...The Way is shut..

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If the terrorists didnt purposely hide amongst civilians, this type of thing wouldnt happen.
    If the US never trained and equipped AQ this would never happen. I can make blanket statements too you see.
    Putins agresssions brings back the cold war.

  15. #215
    Immortal Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    7,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Please tell me where the rules of war specificy that you are allowed to fire into civilian houses not having a clue which people are there just that you are fired upon from that house.

    "ops, we didn't know" doesn't go very far.
    So armed soldiers in a war zone are not allowed to fire back while being attacked? Show me were it says they can't return fire.

  16. #216
    Warchief Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,237
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The USA is not the only country with drones.



    Most modern military forces use them, the French actually have the best drones in the world.
    No I'm aware that drone tech is pretty common now, but how many of those countries are flying drone strikes in Afghanistan right now besides the US? I could have been clearer in my post I guess.
    Last edited by Urti; 2013-04-24 at 07:54 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  17. #217
    Stood in the Fire Neetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    474
    This thread isn't going to get anywhere tbh. Terrorists vs Terrorists = dead innocent people = BUT IT WAS OK BECAUSE [insert everyones spoon fed candy coated intel that has been shoved down their throats via the media]
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

    ~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

  18. #218
    Banned Åmbulance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    3,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    This thread isn't going to get anywhere tbh. Terrorists vs Terrorists = dead innocent people = BUT IT WAS OK BECAUSE [insert everyones spoon fed candy coated intel that has been shoved down their throats via the media]
    Calling the USA terrorists. Nice, when did you guys give back S Africa? How did you obtain them.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    You still haven't addressed the high drone strike civilian death rate.
    I'm going to go ahead and say that the high civvy death rate has to do with the targets hiding among civilians - maybe?
    Ponies. Blog. Shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Hey Elsa, do you wanna build a strawmaaaan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Abortion isn't exactly complicated. You either believe it's a living person at conception, or you somehow don't to justify it.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't care. You may be able to stomach it but I WILL NEVER EVER accept killing children. Never ever, I refuse to do it.
    And you shouldn't stomach nor accept it... but do realize this is the consequence of war. If you believe that, then you should simply never accept the concept of war - because innocents die in war - very VERY often. And the media VERY OFTEN likes to showcase that just to make you angry and to convince the rest of the world we're somehow specifically targeting innocent children in some playground as opposed to terrorists keeping kids around them 24/7 as shields, or training them, ect.

    If you want a better solution, figure out a way to develop weapons that do NOT hurt children under 18, but hurt adults... unless we ban ALL bomb usage and go 100% infantry storming places, we cannot prevent innocent lives from possibly getting hurt. And even WITH 100% infantry there's still a high chance of kids getting killed if they're present.

    Because until we abolish war, we cannot prevent 100% of innocent lives from being lost. It sucks, I know... but that's the sad truth. =(
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •